Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
World GT-R Rules and Discussion >

World GT-R Rules and Discussion

Like Tree849Likes

World GT-R Rules and Discussion

Old 05-08-2017, 03:18 PM
  #1066  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,047
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

set up-right out of the box.
Bodies- GT40, Pf10,Caddy and many others.
BullFrog is offline  
Old 05-08-2017, 04:05 PM
  #1067  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (94)
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 828
Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by MUDVAYNE
I have my CRC World GT-R car on order. Anyone have any recommendations for a black carpet setup?
yes, box stock setup works great!
redracerd is offline  
Old 05-08-2017, 04:49 PM
  #1068  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (16)
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 7,379
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by MUDVAYNE
I have my CRC World GT-R car on order. Anyone have any recommendations for a black carpet setup?
Check the RCTech thread titled TEAM CRC GEN X 10 R/T to see Dumper's setup used to win the Snowbirds. Works for me; but, I have now gone transverse with the battery. Believe he has too.

Bill
Still Bill is offline  
Old 05-09-2017, 05:28 AM
  #1069  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (88)
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 6,069
Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Still Bill
Check the RCTech thread titled TEAM CRC GEN X 10 R/T to see Dumper's setup used to win the Snowbirds. Works for me; but, I have now gone transverse with the battery. Believe he has too.

Bill
Whats the advantage to moving the battery this way?
MUDVAYNE is offline  
Old 05-09-2017, 05:55 AM
  #1070  
Tech Master
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Medina, Ohio
Posts: 1,859
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by MUDVAYNE
Whats the advantage to moving the battery this way?
Typically it helps the car rotate when the mass is biased to the rear and helps on forward bite which is rarely needed on carpet. On carpet the car is edgier (side traction) with a full back battery. If it is to edgy I will move mine forward about 5/8" (against the rear standoff position) and the car calms down. This is used only on really high bite tracks.
The battery in line helps on really tight tracks that have quick tight switchbacks close together. In line reduces the polar moment of the car allowing for a quicker reaction. Moving the battery forward or back when inline produces the same results as when transverse. Ideally you should be able to configure the car based on the tracks layout and bite. This is where the CRC F1 and WGT-R shine. that can do any of the configurations easily. Just have to have the speedo wires long enough for all of the options.
davidl likes this.
old_dude is offline  
Old 05-09-2017, 06:26 AM
  #1071  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (16)
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 7,379
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by old_dude
Typically it helps the car rotate when the mass is biased to the rear and helps on forward bite which is rarely needed on carpet. On carpet the car is edgier (side traction) with a full back battery. If it is to edgy I will move mine forward about 5/8" (against the rear standoff position) and the car calms down. This is used only on really high bite tracks.
The battery in line helps on really tight tracks that have quick tight switchbacks close together. In line reduces the polar moment of the car allowing for a quicker reaction. Moving the battery forward or back when inline produces the same results as when transverse. Ideally you should be able to configure the car based on the tracks layout and bite. This is where the CRC F1 and WGT-R shine. that can do any of the configurations easily. Just have to have the speedo wires long enough for all of the options.
Well said. Even I understood it.

Bill
Still Bill is offline  
Old 05-09-2017, 09:49 AM
  #1072  
Super Moderator
iTrader: (31)
 
racer1812's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: RIP 'Chopper', 4/18/13 miss you bud:(
Posts: 15,488
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

test post ignore.
Marcos.J likes this.
racer1812 is offline  
Old 05-09-2017, 12:55 PM
  #1073  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (17)
 
liljohn1064's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Deerfield, WI
Posts: 5,919
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by racer1812
test post ignore.
Something weird it going on.
liljohn1064 is offline  
Old 05-09-2017, 03:35 PM
  #1074  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (30)
 
NutDriver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 3,041
Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Default

For some reason, the thread seems to be stuck on page 69 and won't go to the last page (although this SEEMS to be the last page, despite pages 70 and 71 being listed also)
NutDriver is offline  
Old 05-12-2017, 10:59 AM
  #1075  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (16)
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 7,379
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by NutDriver
For some reason, the thread seems to be stuck on page 69 and won't go to the last page (although this SEEMS to be the last page, despite pages 70 and 71 being listed also)
Had the same issue; but, appears to be fine now.
davidl likes this.
Still Bill is offline  
Old 05-13-2017, 05:37 PM
  #1076  
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 9
Default

I'm looking for some help... I'm trying to make the transition to on-road. My wife bought me an X-Ray X1, but I know I'm not ready to race it yet. Talking to the guys at my local track (Banana Raceway in Dallas) the best move for me would be to get into World GT-R. It would help with the transition. I'm looking at the X-Ray X10 with either a Tekin RS or Hobbywing V3.1. For a radio I'm going to use my Spektrum DX6R. I'm just torn on the servo. I've read a few articles and the opinions are mixed on whether a higher speed servo is beneficial. I was leaning towards the Savox 1521MG. Any recommendations?
dzydvl is offline  
Old 05-16-2017, 12:16 PM
  #1077  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (16)
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 7,379
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by dzydvl
I'm looking for some help... I'm trying to make the transition to on-road. My wife bought me an X-Ray X1, but I know I'm not ready to race it yet. Talking to the guys at my local track (Banana Raceway in Dallas) the best move for me would be to get into World GT-R. It would help with the transition. I'm looking at the X-Ray X10 with either a Tekin RS or Hobbywing V3.1. For a radio I'm going to use my Spektrum DX6R. I'm just torn on the servo. I've read a few articles and the opinions are mixed on whether a higher speed servo is beneficial. I was leaning towards the Savox 1521MG. Any recommendations?
The Tekin RS is only available as a 2S battery ESC. So, for a 1S battery, you would need to use a battery booster to get it to work.

The Hobbywing V3.1 comes in two versions for either 1S or 2S. Like the Tekin, the 2S version would require a battery booster for 1S use.

Savox 1521MG is a "low profile" servo; whereas, you probably want a "mini" servo for you WGT-R/T car.

Bill
liljohn1064 likes this.
Still Bill is offline  
Old 05-16-2017, 01:37 PM
  #1078  
Tech Master
iTrader: (3)
 
TOM MAR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Jacksonville, Florida
Posts: 1,060
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

I went thru several different servos when I started running wgtr. I have never had any luck with savox, but a friend was doing well with one so I bought a savox 1250 mg. I have run it with a justock for 10 months, no booster with no problems. I just bought the 1 cell spec esc & it is VERY nice. (Tiny)
TOM MAR is offline  
Old 05-16-2017, 01:39 PM
  #1079  
Tech Master
iTrader: (3)
 
TOM MAR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Jacksonville, Florida
Posts: 1,060
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

You can get a Hobbywing booster for around ( I think) $25 & you can use the Tekin.
TOM MAR is offline  
Old 05-17-2017, 06:05 AM
  #1080  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 157
Default

Does anybody have any suggestions for a 1s esc that has decent brakes or a 2s esc when used as 1s? I have a booster.

Richard
FunStuff is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.