World GT-R Rules and Discussion

Like Tree849Likes

World GT-R Rules and Discussion

Old 10-04-2019, 05:07 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by XSRCdesign

C-X75 concept
Or that one which is by far a better match.

Old 10-04-2019, 06:51 PM
Tech Addict

hmmm,Pan cars that are not allowed to wear pan car bodies.Hmmm, curious thing!
Old 10-04-2019, 06:54 PM
Tech Addict

olddude, nice body. Who makes this.
Old 10-05-2019, 04:41 AM
Tech Master

Just a refresher on the bodies. This class grew out of the now gone WGT class. The rules for bodies were fairly simple. Body had to be based on a "front engine and rear wheel drive car that was raced in a GT series". There was a 205mm width limit and a .030" minimum body thickness measured at key spots. Bodies had to be approved by ROAR.
Dumper has taken that start up and controlled it with his own ideas on race cars. GT cars have changed in the world of real racing as the front engine versions are slowly disappearing. He is including those new race cars in the group. I am sure the C8 will show up soon.
Old 10-13-2019, 05:15 PM
DBM
Tech Fanatic

I bought a 200mm PF Ford GT from the first batch right after the body was released a few years back. I've only now cut it out and am very surprised to find that it weighs 141g unpainted. Is this what everyone else is finding with their 1549-30 ford gt bodies? Or were the early bodies made from freakishly thick material? Maybe everyone is running lighter usgt 190mm ford gt bodies instead?
Old 10-14-2019, 04:37 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by DBM
I bought a 200mm PF Ford GT from the first batch right after the body was released a few years back. I've only now cut it out and am very surprised to find that it weighs 141g unpainted. Is this what everyone else is finding with their 1549-30 ford gt bodies? Or were the early bodies made from freakishly thick material? Maybe everyone is running lighter usgt 190mm ford gt bodies instead?
That body is just heavy. The 190 Ford GT isn't class legal. If you follow my comments you will find some discussions about individual bodies and how they handle. A lot of the characteristics are based on a bodies aero but weight and weight distribution has a lot to do with it also. I have one of those 200 Ford GT's and I painted it to be as light as possible but it is still 130g. I was never able to get it to do anything but push.
davidl likes this.
Old 10-14-2019, 06:17 PM
DBM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by old_dude
That body is just heavy. The 190 Ford GT isn't class legal. If you follow my comments you will find some discussions about individual bodies and how they handle. A lot of the characteristics are based on a bodies aero but weight and weight distribution has a lot to do with it also. I have one of those 200 Ford GT's and I painted it to be as light as possible but it is still 130g. I was never able to get it to do anything but push.
I'll see if I can find the time to read back through this thread. Until then, I'll try to patch up my old MX Stang body that I ran in usgt a few years ago. I loaned it to a beginner for a couple of days so it's really beat up, but nothing some show goo and drywall tape can't fix.
Old 10-15-2019, 04:37 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by DBM
I'll see if I can find the time to read back through this thread. Until then, I'll try to patch up my old MX Stang body that I ran in usgt a few years ago. I loaned it to a beginner for a couple of days so it's really beat up, but nothing some show goo and drywall tape can't fix.
The MX Stang is one of the better handling bodies. The standard weight is much lighter than the Ford GT 200. My current personal favorite is the Zoodiac that Dumper recently put on the list but paint it heavy to get it to 95g.
Old 10-16-2019, 11:19 PM
Tech Adept

I think to buy MX Stang for try this body on ETS Carpet.
but in France we drive on ETS Carpet and for the moment the best bodies are Corvette ZR1 and Cadillac
Old 10-17-2019, 05:24 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by typhon92
I think to buy MX Stang for try this body on ETS Carpet.
but in France we drive on ETS Carpet and for the moment the best bodies are Corvette ZR1 and Cadillac
The ZR1 really is good but I haven't tried it with the new "weight in the roof rule" also the nose is fragile and on tight indoor tracks it will be a short lived body if that matters. Haven't seen a Caddy used here in a long time on the black carpet. By the way the RFM-10 is a really good body if you can find one. Interesting thing about the Zoo. It looks huge and slow on the track but the lap times don't lie.
Old 10-17-2019, 05:33 AM
Tech Adept

The ZR1 really is good but I haven't tried it with the new "weight in the roof rule" also the nose is fragile and on tight indoor tracks it will be a short lived body if that matters. Haven't seen a Caddy used here in a long time on the black carpet. By the way the RFM-10 is a really good body if you can find one. Interesting thing about the Zoo. It looks huge and slow on the track but the lap times don't lie.
my last ZR1 I was able to get pretty close to 95g with just paint.

I think the Zoo looks slow, because itís staying flat. Less dramatic, but who needs drama?
Old 10-18-2019, 12:44 AM
Tech Adept

My ZR1 used at last Snowbird is dead last month, I think is good life for a lightweight body.
when I painted ZR1 I had under 95gr and for snowbird I added lexan and duct tape under body for obtain 97gr

At my RC club one pilot buy the Zoodiac GT and he more slow than his ZR1, he donít have steering but I have the feel his body donít brake the chassis in strait line
Old 10-18-2019, 03:13 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by typhon92

My ZR1 used at last Snowbird is dead last month, I think is good life for a lightweight body.
when I painted ZR1 I had under 95gr and for snowbird I added lexan and duct tape under body for obtain 97gr

At my RC club one pilot buy the Zoodiac GT and he more slow than his ZR1, he donít have steering but I have the feel his body donít brake the chassis in strait line
I can recommend the Protoform PFM-10 body. It's my go to for a starting point on any carpet, and always feels planted in the corners. It is a bit narrow at the rear so measure plenty of times before making the body post holes and cutting the rear arches!

I also have a MX-stang based on seeing Dumper and Mario run well with it at a previous Snowbirds. Impressed with it when I did get a chance to race with it, but the WGT-R class has dropped off in the UK so not been able to race it since. If you want a supplier in Europe then Zen Racing have stock.

Hope that helps,
Mark
Old 10-18-2019, 04:52 AM
Tech Master

Mark: Dumper went to that body after racing against me at "The Gate". A case of an old dog teaching a pup a new trick. Lol
Old 10-18-2019, 08:27 AM
Tech Regular

Default PFM-10 Body ??

This body is discontinued, no? Will it remain on the body list?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.