Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree164Likes

Tamiya TB Evo 6

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2015, 04:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

Make sure you left rear axle isn't binding on anything or if you have over tightened the wheel.
Old 12-04-2015, 05:45 PM
Tech Elite

Converting my 17.5 chassis to a USVTA car. Going to have to add a bunch of weight. There is tons of space under the center of the main drive shaft, but it would be great if there was a way of securing it other than tape or show goo.

What would be really nice (if they are not already in production) are some holes added to the centerline of the chassis, and a custom made brass or tungston Exotek weight system.

Hint hint.
Old 12-04-2015, 07:47 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by theproffesor
Converting my 17.5 chassis to a USVTA car. Going to have to add a bunch of weight. There is tons of space under the center of the main drive shaft, but it would be great if there was a way of securing it other than tape or show goo.

What would be really nice (if they are not already in production) are some holes added to the centerline of the chassis, and a custom made brass or tungston Exotek weight system.

Hint hint.
What is the problem with double sided tape?

I wouldn't use contact adhesive, by the way (too difficult to remove).

Can't you drill the holes where you want them?

And on the topic, wouldn't it be more useful to add weight at the corners rather than the centreline (at least some of it)?
Old 12-05-2015, 02:37 AM
Tech Elite

Nothing is wrong with tape, shoe goo comes off pretty easy, and no it is not better to add more than 150g at the corners.

But hey we used to double side tape to hold steering servos down, and that didn't need to change did it? Or why all these battery hold down systems, just use tape? Progress that's why.

No I can't drill the holes myself in the weights, I don't have a drill press, CNC machine, or anything other than a dremel tool to manufacture a custom weight system.

So how about tying to put up something positive instead of condescending.
Old 12-05-2015, 05:36 AM
Tech Elite

There's nothing condescending in my suggestion.

Just didn't understand what you wanted. Now I know. You want progress, embodied by holes you can't drill because you can't be arsed to buy a drill (you don't need a drill press - a pathetic puny one will do). Got it.

By the way, double sided tape is progress. It replaced nuts and bolts that need holes you can't drill.

Here's something positive for you : rent a brain.

Good luck.
Old 12-05-2015, 07:28 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

I didn't think Niznai's post was condescending at all.

theprofessor, I'd use shoo goo personally, but a good double sided tape should work just fine.
Old 12-05-2015, 07:33 AM
Tech Elite

Love the positive attitude!

You know what else is progress. The block user function. Thanks RCTech for providing that.
Old 12-05-2015, 07:45 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Thumbs up

You know what else is progress. The block user function. Thanks RCTech for providing that.
Old 12-05-2015, 06:00 PM
Tech Elite

Isn't that totally redundant when you can't read?
Old 12-07-2015, 11:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)

Looking forward in getting some track time with this beast this weekend. I will let you know the results. Last time out on carpet I had way to much steering and no rear bite. Going to thicken up the shock oil a bit and go with the 1k in the diff. If it starts to push then I will go up on the diff fluid.
Old 12-07-2015, 01:23 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Josh-n-ya
Looking forward in getting some track time with this beast this weekend. I will let you know the results. Last time out on carpet I had way to much steering and no rear bite. Going to thicken up the shock oil a bit and go with the 1k in the diff. If it starts to push then I will go up on the diff fluid.
I'd be interested to hear other's experiences on diff fluid on carpet. I'm sure it varies set up to set up to some degree, but I have experienced that when I go too thick on rear diff fluid (5K) I loose steering. I was shocked to read that some folks run 7K.

Does the thicker fluid "slide" the rear tires around the corner to get more turn it? I had always thought that the thinner the fluid, the more free the rear would be to rotate at the cost of "diffing" out on power in sweepers.
Old 12-07-2015, 01:44 PM
Tech Adept

Finally, built my Evo6 and run it for 2 nights. Much louder than belt driven, as expected. The car runs straight without much trimming all the time, unlike some other shaft driven cars. As most of the Evo6's parts are graphite and aluminum made, I thought this is a pro kit car category in Tamiya. However, one of the local hobby shop's owner and a guy, who runs XRay T4 2016, mentioned that Evo6 is a mid range car and not a pro kit car. I really wonder how does one define whether a car kit is of pro type and is there a standard to define pro kit car? Anyone can explain? Thank you.
Old 12-07-2015, 02:07 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kakaru
However, one of the local hobby shop's owner and a guy, who runs XRay T4 2016, mentioned that Evo6 is a mid range car and not a pro kit car. I really wonder how does one define whether a car kit is of pro type and is there a standard to define pro kit car? Anyone can explain? Thank you.
I imagine the guy getting ready to sell you a 2016 Xray would probably tell you the standard is a 2016 Xray....
Old 12-07-2015, 02:40 PM
Tech Elite

The EVO 6 is every bit as capable and as tunable as an x-ray. X-rays are good, but then again, they better be for that "luxury" price. It's only with the t4-16 that they included ECS drive shafts. Somethin that is standard on many other kits now. The EVO also gives you aluminum goody bits all over that are options on an X-ray.
Old 12-07-2015, 02:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RollingChicane2
I'd be interested to hear other's experiences on diff fluid on carpet. I'm sure it varies set up to set up to some degree, but I have experienced that when I go too thick on rear diff fluid (5K) I loose steering. I was shocked to read that some folks run 7K.

Does the thicker fluid "slide" the rear tires around the corner to get more turn it? I had always thought that the thinner the fluid, the more free the rear would be to rotate at the cost of "diffing" out on power in sweepers.
The last time I had both my evo's on the rug I had different issues with both cars. I had 2k in both diffs. My 17.5 was stuck like glue with using slicks. Kept stripping Spurs. I got better Spurs to try this time. My usgt with the spec tires was way loose. Both cars set up the same. So I kept the 2k in my 17.5 and am going with the 1k in usgt thinking that it won't break free as much. Yes my thinking is similar to yours on what oil does what.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.