Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

Xray T4'14

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2013, 03:48 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by millbank
Got my rear under control. Amazing set up that actually worked this friday ;-)
It was.
2k diff, 400 front shox 450 rear, 4 hole piston, 2.5-2.8 springs front, 2.7 rear. Anti roll bars 4 front, 3 rear. 2mm shim under steering block arm. 1mm shim top of c hub. 1mm shim front roll centre, 4mm shim rear hub, nothing on rear roll center. 0.5 toe out front. 3 rear. Front roll center upper clamp hole 2 rear hole 1. Front and rear shock mount hole 2. 1.5 camber front 2 rear. I think that is it.
was that newbury? where did you have the arm mounts?
Old 11-02-2013, 04:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Well I compared my 13 pin location to my 14 "center" location . and noticed the front track width is 1mm wider on 14 has anyone tried [.5•] [•.5] in front ? Now this is kit setting I'm comparing .
Also on a side note I tried installing "14" hinge pin mounts on T4 . ... Well I will say the ff & rr will bolt up to T4 with only pin length mod (-2mm) the hole location on fr wider on "14" and will not mount up on T4.
So i will be purchasing a chassis to complete the conversion im thinking
Old 11-03-2013, 01:44 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by chasingthepack
was that newbury? where did you have the arm mounts?
Not Newbury. Frome
Not sure what you mean?
Lower pivot blocks 0 all round. Upper camber links front in hole 2 and rear hole 1
Old 11-03-2013, 10:21 AM
Tech Fanatic

Got my cars Friday night and built them both yesterday. Builds were awesome! Only problem I had was on one of the kits 3 out of the 4 wheel hex's wouldn't stay on the car. With the screw as tight as I could get it without stripping out the head they still fell off. Not a big deal really as I had extra's anyways but odd none the less. Can't wait to try these bad boys out!
Old 11-03-2013, 10:45 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 64 (98%+)

Hey guys, I'm in the market for T4 2014. Anyone have one for sale?
Old 11-03-2013, 12:23 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BardSmith
Hey guys, I'm in the market for T4 2014. Anyone have one for sale?
A main has them in stock
Old 11-03-2013, 01:41 PM
reg
Tech Adept

Has anyone had any problems with how the motor is mounted,looks like a lot of strain put on the motor,might be just from not being used to seeing them mounted like it
Old 11-03-2013, 02:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Brad, I thought you are a serpent guy? What happened?
Old 11-03-2013, 03:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RobS
Got my cars Friday night and built them both yesterday. Builds were awesome! Only problem I had was on one of the kits 3 out of the 4 wheel hex's wouldn't stay on the car. With the screw as tight as I could get it without stripping out the head they still fell off. Not a big deal really as I had extra's anyways but odd none the less. Can't wait to try these bad boys out!
Get some ProTek M2x5mm socket head cap screws from Amain. Should fix you right up.

-Mike
Old 11-03-2013, 11:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by reg
Has anyone had any problems with how the motor is mounted,looks like a lot of strain put on the motor,might be just from not being used to seeing them mounted like it
The TOP Photon also did the same, which I ran for two odd years and never had an issue with it, and none with the original T4 either, though I did have the mounts slip once and loose mesh/drive, but I did take a fair hit from memory.
Old 11-04-2013, 10:46 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)

Just picked up number 2 this weekend, last one the lhs had. Little over kill for vta but what the Hell
Old 11-05-2013, 04:20 AM
Tech Addict

had a blast last friday,my first time on carpet in 11 years and i loved how much grip there is,i did have a few issues which slowly got sorted through the night which is why im down in the d final,the car was still loose on corner entry at the slower turns which was fairly easy to put up with,so im going to try hagbergs sorex carpet set up and see how that goes next friday,in the vid im alot faster than the guys around me but i kept making small but costly mistakes,i was slightly overgeared which when sorted should help the lap times
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RnttL5CE-qc
ill post a responce to the set up next week for anyone interested
Old 11-05-2013, 06:20 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by chasingthepack
had a blast last friday,my first time on carpet in 11 years and i loved how much grip there is,i did have a few issues which slowly got sorted through the night which is why im down in the d final,the car was still loose on corner entry at the slower turns which was fairly easy to put up with,so im going to try hagbergs sorex carpet set up and see how that goes next friday,in the vid im alot faster than the guys around me but i kept making small but costly mistakes,i was slightly overgeared which when sorted should help the lap times
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RnttL5CE-qc
ill post a responce to the set up next week for anyone interested

It's the small mistakes that seperate the A to where u were,

I watched that video was u the orange car?

That didn't look like a hagberg performance so not much point in putting he's setup on ur car.

Everyone complained t4 was safe xray released the 14 I drives around on its nose, the worlds best drive there car around on its nose.

Start with 1 change at a time and feel its difference. Last Friday I helped set up a 14 then drove it in round 3 it was really good.
4 things were changed from kit setup to calm the rear down.
Old 11-05-2013, 09:32 AM
Tech Initiate

Has anyone flipped the servo mount over,180 deg,with servo on the right,to run with shorty packs...? How did car behave...? I know caution needs to be exercised when countersinking the other side of plate...
Thanks ...kirt
Old 11-05-2013, 09:38 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by SavageCanadian
Just picked up number 2 this weekend, last one the lhs had. Little over kill for vta but what the Hell
I have one on the way...to run in vta as well...in a way,it makes even more sense to run a high end chassis in this class...one of the few "allowances" in the class...given restrictions on most everything else...and besides...no kill like an overkill...!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.