Community
Wiki Posts
Search

F201

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2004, 10:00 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by mtveten
I will be launching a site dedicated to scale model decals. We will handle self stick 1/10 scale F1 & NASCAR as well as 1/32 scale waterslide F1 & NASCAR decals for the slot car guys.

Masters for the first 3 decal sets are already complete, we are just working on the site and waiting for our print supply shipment to show up.

The decal quality is very good. If any of you can remember my 03 JV Bar Honda from Nats, they were an early test run. Since the sample I used @ Tamiya I have improved the print quality & durablity of the decals, and completed the final screen.

Mark
I was impressed with Mark's decals. Highly recommended! Now where are the Ferrari's?
Old 10-11-2004, 10:45 AM
Tech Regular

I will be launching a site dedicated to scale model decals. We will handle self stick 1/10 scale F1 & NASCAR as well as 1/32 scale waterslide F1 & NASCAR decals for the slot car guys.

Masters for the first 3 decal sets are already complete, we are just working on the site and waiting for our print supply shipment to show up.

The decal quality is very good. If any of you can remember my 03 JV Bar Honda from Nats, they were an early test run. Since the sample I used @ Tamiya I have improved the print quality & durablity of the decals, and completed the final screen.

Mark
That's great news!!
any chance your 04 BAR decal will have the current sweet lookin' barcode design (as well as the lucky strike logo)?
...uh... my track doesn't allow tobacco sponsors!
Old 10-11-2004, 12:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

I wasn't planning on doing the Ferrari or Williams decals because Tamiya has done such a nice job on them but if enough people ask I will relase some.

The 1st 04 bar set will include all Tobaco sponsorship logos but I am planning on release both 03 and 04 version in non tobaco version around mid december.

Do we have any votes for an 04 Ferrari or maybe a 96 or 97 Williams?
Old 10-11-2004, 01:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Mark,

Are you planning on doing any older F1 decal sets?
For example 1994 Williams Renault Rothmans or 1993 Marlboro McLaren.
Thanks
Old 10-11-2004, 01:38 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by f1larry
Mark,

Are you planning on doing any older F1 decal sets?
For example 1994 Williams Renault Rothmans or 1993 Marlboro McLaren.
Thanks
I may do some older sets depending on demand and availablity of high quality source images.

A Rothmans Williams Renault and Marlboro McLaren are strong posibilities but are not likely to be ready before spring.

Mark
Old 10-11-2004, 02:45 PM
Tech Elite

I wasn't planning on doing the Ferrari or Williams decals because Tamiya has done such a nice job on them but if enough people ask I will relase some.

The 1st 04 bar set will include all Tobaco sponsorship logos but I am planning on release both 03 and 04 version in non tobaco version around mid december.

ME ME ME!!! 04 Ferrar!
Old 10-11-2004, 04:52 PM
Tech Regular

I'll be getting a Mclaren set, about how much are we talking about?
Old 10-11-2004, 06:47 PM
Tech Elite

I may do some older sets depending on demand and availablity of high quality source images.

A Rothmans Williams Renault and Marlboro McLaren are strong posibilities but are not likely to be ready before spring.

Mark
Mark, are you going to post pics of the decals?
Old 10-12-2004, 04:42 AM
Tech Addict

Mark
Senna's cars pleasssse!
Old 10-12-2004, 07:47 AM
Tech Regular

04 non-tobacco BAR (button/sato) ? wooo hooo!

i will be getting the '04 mclaren set as well.

looking forward to it!
Old 10-12-2004, 08:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Sounds awesome man!!! I'd love to see what they'll look like.

I would LOVE to get some any of the designs 1992-1997 Williams-Renaults, preferably the later ones though. Are helmets going to be in the sheet too????

I presume you may get a deal going with Jake at F1-RC, i think he's a little sick of the demand he gets for them because he doesn't seem to have the resources to cater for it, but if you do, then it sounds bloody awesome!!!!

Keep us posted on ANY news reguarding this. I know EVERYONE F201 at our club will be VERY VERY interested in that!!!!!
Old 10-12-2004, 08:40 AM
Tech Elite

Helmet decals will be included in some of the sets but not all. For example my Sauber sets will have decals for Fisi & Massa, the 03 Bar sets will have decals for JV & Button but the 04 Bar and Jag set will not include helmet decals. The wesite will very clearly state what is and is not included in each set.

I will be posting photos of cars with the decal sets on them once the site is up, right now the only bodies I have show race damage and would not be a good representation.

Mark
Old 10-12-2004, 08:43 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by F. Alonso
Sounds awesome man!!! I'd love to see what they'll look like.

I would LOVE to get some any of the designs 1992-1997 Williams-Renaults, preferably the later ones though. Are helmets going to be in the sheet too????

I presume you may get a deal going with Jake at F1-RC, i think he's a little sick of the demand he gets for them because he doesn't seem to have the resources to cater for it, but if you do, then it sounds bloody awesome!!!!

Keep us posted on ANY news reguarding this. I know EVERYONE F201 at our club will be VERY VERY interested in that!!!!!
Jake's Decals are incredible but it looks as though the demand of doing them has worn on him. To be honest the only reason I will be doing them is beacuse he is no longer able to pump them out like before.
Old 10-12-2004, 08:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Will the decals be printed on an "Avery" based vynle sticker? And will they logos be created using vector artwork with no fuzzy pixelated bitmaps? TIA
Old 10-12-2004, 09:07 AM
Tech Elite

The decals will be thermal printed on reprofilm and most images will come from high quality photos, with the rest created as vector graphics. Any livery that I can't reproduct with clear crisp non-pixelated graphics will not be sold. The limited supply of sufficient quality source material is the primary reason why some of the high demand vintage sets may not get produced.

Mark

For those of you not familiar with reprofilm it is a very thin drafting material with a similar weight and feel to Tamiya's decal material.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.