F201

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2004, 06:28 PM
Tech Elite

Old 10-03-2004, 04:03 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally posted by Neil Rabara
To the guys running in the Australian TCS this weekend, good luck! Try to play nice.
Well the Australian TCS has been run, a very smooth event, exceptionally clean driving by all people in the finals.

Looks like we will be able to have a few drinks of Saki Neil After all these years of racing, i cant believe i have such ragged nerves at a race meeting.

I just want to thank everyone on this thread, the cars are certainly odd and dont react as per normal cars, i read the thread from start to finish and managed to find many tips for setup.

Well Done to Second Place Chris Primmer, who showed up first day of racing, and gave me quite a scare, and also to Dan (Danjoy25) who managed a second in the first final, not sure of his overall result.

The winner of GT1 is a regular RC Tech visitor and a good mate of mine by the name of Paul Smith AKA Black Knight.

Neil add me to your messenger list my email address is [email protected] we have many things to catch up on.
Old 10-03-2004, 09:21 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Besercoe
Well the Australian TCS has been run, a very smooth event, exceptionally clean driving by all people in the finals.

Looks like we will be able to have a few drinks of Saki Neil After all these years of racing, i cant believe i have such ragged nerves at a race meeting.

I just want to thank everyone on this thread, the cars are certainly odd and dont react as per normal cars, i read the thread from start to finish and managed to find many tips for setup.

Well Done to Second Place Chris Primmer, who showed up first day of racing, and gave me quite a scare, and also to Dan (Danjoy25) who managed a second in the first final, not sure of his overall result.

The winner of GT1 is a regular RC Tech visitor and a good mate of mine by the name of Paul Smith AKA Black Knight.

Neil add me to your messenger list my email address is [email protected] we have many things to catch up on.
Congratulations! I'm sure the battle was hard fought. There were so many of you guys in Australia asking for help. To me it could have been any of you to take the title. I'm in the middle of moving to Texas, so you guys won't be hearing from me for about a week. As soon as I get connectivity, we can chat.
Old 10-03-2004, 10:42 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 107 (99%+)

Congrats to all the winners and I hope to battle with you next year.
Old 10-04-2004, 03:40 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally posted by lbckevin
Congrats to all the winners and I hope to battle with you next year.
Would like to thank Neil for all your tips. It was a good experience and would be back next year. Congrats to Besercoe, really drove a perfect race. Should be a good battle to watch.
Old 10-06-2004, 04:27 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Well with another countries TCS over it seems this thread has died off again.

What insight can people give into racing the car on high traction surfaces or even better carpet with rubber tires?

I also need to learn how to drive the car with a bit more finesse, in japan i believe we are only allowed 2 Sports tuned motors, i used a few more than that last week.
Old 10-06-2004, 04:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

On Carpet the car will have a tendencey to traction roll. To help keep the car flat and transition quickly, if allowed replace the shocks with turnbuckles or put rubber tubing in your shocks to eliminate their dampening and drop the ride height to about 2.5-3.5mm depending on how smooth the carpet is.

Ohh and don't forget to make your inserts harder, try using the stock inserts along with the foam strips that came with the car.

Mark
Old 10-07-2004, 07:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (89%+)

Originally posted by Neil Rabara
We will soon know who will join me in Japan!
australia championships finished... also: Tamiya Asia Cup recently finished... F-1 Champion is...

Alvin Koh of Singapore. guy is a smooth driver
Old 10-11-2004, 01:00 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default decal

ok, i just pick up a F201. Now, where can I find decals for other teams? most people run the Ferrari and BMW bodies and it's getting boring.
Old 10-11-2004, 08:39 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hi Guys,

For local F201 owners (Southern California) We are set to start the F1RL series endo of October or 1st week of November. To find out more information and to sign up for our newsletter, please visit:

www.f1rl.com

Steve Wang
Old 10-11-2004, 08:57 AM
Tech Elite

Default F1 Decals

New decals are on there way!!! Around Thanksgiving we will have the 02-04 Bar Honda, 03 & 04 Sauber, and the 04 Jag available. McLaren, Renault, Jordan, and Toyota to follow in December.

I'll keep you posted.
Old 10-11-2004, 09:02 AM
Tech Apprentice

Which internet store will have them in stock? I'm interested.
Old 10-11-2004, 09:33 AM
Tech Elite

I will be launching a site dedicated to scale model decals. We will handle self stick 1/10 scale F1 & NASCAR as well as 1/32 scale waterslide F1 & NASCAR decals for the slot car guys.

Masters for the first 3 decal sets are already complete, we are just working on the site and waiting for our print supply shipment to show up.

The decal quality is very good. If any of you can remember my 03 JV Bar Honda from Nats, they were an early test run. Since the sample I used @ Tamiya I have improved the print quality & durablity of the decals, and completed the final screen.

Mark
Old 10-11-2004, 09:58 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by SpeedTech
Hi Guys,

For local F201 owners (Southern California) We are set to start the F1RL series endo of October or 1st week of November. To find out more information and to sign up for our newsletter, please visit:

www.f1rl.com

Steve Wang
You're killing me Steve! Why did you wait until after I left to start the series?
Old 10-11-2004, 09:59 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: F1 Decals

Originally posted by mtveten
New decals are on there way!!! Around Thanksgiving we will have the 02-04 Bar Honda, 03 & 04 Sauber, and the 04 Jag available. McLaren, Renault, Jordan, and Toyota to follow in December.

I'll keep you posted.
Mark, are you going to do a Ferrari decal sheet?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.