Search
Like Tree344Likes

3 Racing Sakura XI Sport

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2019, 11:22 AM
Tech Regular

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by moparSRT
The inner blocks fit both XI and Ultimate, the Outer blocks are XI specific and do not cross over from the Ultimate/Advance kits.
Thanks for the info.
Old 07-29-2019, 01:42 PM
Tech Regular

Default .

Hi.

I wanted to post some pictures with the modifications I did on my car, but I have not enought post to do it.

Sorry.

Last edited by Eotz; 07-29-2019 at 01:51 PM. Reason: I can't load pictures
Old 07-31-2019, 06:29 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Tire recommendations

Good evening guys-

Just finished my XIS build this evening!

Quick question: I will be driving mostly on this very nicely paved parking lot, and my stock tires are 95% bald after about 3000mah of 2S packs. I wasnt expecting much from them, but I wonder what you guys have used that'll last a bit longer. Thanks!
Old 07-31-2019, 07:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

The stock tires are slicks.....
Old 07-31-2019, 11:24 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by bjleydic
Good evening guys-

Just finished my XIS build this evening!

Quick question: I will be driving mostly on this very nicely paved parking lot, and my stock tires are 95% bald after about 3000mah of 2S packs. I wasnt expecting much from them, but I wonder what you guys have used that'll last a bit longer. Thanks!
You could try driving less aggressively or going with a harder compound rubber tire, like 40R. They will provide less grip in cold conditions but will last longer. Different brands will also wear at different rates despite the compound rating.

Tires usually included with a kit are not of the best quality, so they will wear quite quickly. You can also keep running them until you start to see the reinforcing belts within the tire.
bjleydic likes this.
Old 08-02-2019, 03:42 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Swing shafts

Thanks for the tire recommendations!

I've updated my springs to the Tamiya red and yellow set, as well as the 33/66 gear set. This setup is amazing!

I have noticed that my stock swing shaft pins are starting to come out. In the mini crawler world, is just heat shrink them. Anyone have any other methods or an upgraded version? Almost lost one today, but it ended up coming out far enough to stop the back wheel dead.
Old 08-03-2019, 09:22 AM
Tech Adept

I've updated my springs to the Tamiya red and yellow set, as well as the 33/66 gear set. This setup is amazing!

I have noticed that my stock swing shaft pins are starting to come out. In the mini crawler world, is just heat shrink them. Anyone have any other methods or an upgraded version? Almost lost one today, but it ended up coming out far enough to stop the back wheel dead.
Your question was answered a page or two back, hope this helps! I have also been using the axle pin holders and have found them very reliable.

Originally Posted by moparSRT
Some new parts from 3racing I tried are the aluminum axles and axle pin holders for the swing shafts, the alu axles save rotating weight so in they went ... choose the 42mm to save some extra weight over the 44mm, fit just fine. The axle pin holders allow you to remove the set screw that hold the pin in place allowing everything to float for less wear and resistance ... a smother cv joint
3RACING 42mm Swing Shaft 7075
3RACING 44mm Swing Shaft 7075
3RACING Aluminium Axle Pin Holder
3RACING Aluminium Axle Pin Holder

bjleydic likes this.
Old 08-03-2019, 11:45 AM
Tech Master

There was a pic floating around fb of a kit mid motor sakura I think it was but no matter it was a 3racing car. Any more info on it or someone have the pic saved in there phone. trying to find info but it's like it vanished
Old 08-03-2019, 11:52 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Scionara05
There was a pic floating around fb of a kit mid motor sakura I think it was but no matter it was a 3racing car. Any more info on it or someone have the pic saved in there phone. trying to find info but it's like it vanished
I posted a picture from 3Racing's facebook on the Sakura Advance 2K18 EVO thread, you can find the post below;

View Single Post
Old 08-03-2019, 11:59 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Controversy
I posted a picture from 3Racing's facebook on the Sakura Advance 2K18 EVO thread, you can find the post below;

View Single Post
has anymore info been released or teased on the car.
Old 08-04-2019, 10:32 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Scionara05
has anymore info been released or teased on the car.
Not that I know of, but I'm sure 3Racing will post more info on their facebook.

They usually release a new chassis every two years, the Advance 2K18 EVO was their last TC so you can expect by the end of the year they will release a new chassis
Old 08-04-2019, 02:39 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Xi Sport hop ups

Originally Posted by Steven_vanh
Guys I’m new to rc and I’ve just purchased the sakura XI. I was wondering if there are parts I need to swap out for upgraded parts? I’m not to worried about “nice to haves” just the “must haves”

Cheers in advance.

I purchased quite a few upgrades but the most effective so far is the 3 Racing stabilizer set. Another great upgrade is the shocks.
Old 08-04-2019, 11:50 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Controversy
Not that I know of, but I'm sure 3Racing will post more info on their facebook.

They usually release a new chassis every two years, the Advance 2K18 EVO was their last TC so you can expect by the end of the year they will release a new chassis
The Advance 2k18 only got released 1 year ago (last August)

Old 08-05-2019, 01:06 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by LzREngineering
The Advance 2k18 only got released 1 year ago (last August)
Maybe only in August 2020 they release a new kit?
Old 08-05-2019, 10:41 AM
Tech Master

The axles come pre-assembled but they don't use locktite, a little drop on the setscrew will keep them from coming apart ... for a smoother joint you can use the X21 sleeves which eliminate the setscrew

Search - sak-x21
bjleydic likes this.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.