Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree344Likes

3 Racing Sakura XI Sport

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2020, 07:39 PM
Tech Addict

Thanks! Just started building this kit. Going to give me something to do while I'm locked up in quarantine.
Old 12-27-2020, 06:16 PM
Tech Addict

Hey all. The class I'm going to race has a motor rule utilizing a timing locked reedy 17.5 with blinky esc and 2s lipo.

Could anyone recommend a starting pinion/spur combination so I don't burn up my electronics?

Thanks in advance for any input?
Old 12-27-2020, 06:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)
Default S64

Originally Posted by henry
Hey all. The class I'm going to race has a motor rule utilizing a timing locked reedy 17.5 with blinky esc and 2s lipo.

Could anyone recommend a starting pinion/spur combination so I don't burn up my electronics?

Thanks in advance for any input?
What motor? What esc? Asphalt or carpet? I usually start at an FDR of 4.0 and adjust accordingly. Check motor temps after 5 minute runs then adjust accordingly. Check the gear chart in your owners manual for spur/pinion combos. Hope this helps. Good Luck.
Old 12-27-2020, 09:27 PM
Tech Addict

Thanks. Toro blinky only esc. Equivalent to the justtock. Carpet.

I'll go with that.
Old 02-05-2021, 10:38 AM
Tech Rookie

Hi all

im new here and im from Italy i recently bought an used sakura xi sport with carbon fiber chassis , can someone tell me something tips:
-which parts do you suggest i have to upgrade before i use it?
-which parts are most susceptible to damage?
-which oil do you use for shock/diff for asphalt circuit? I already have hudy 350 and 2000 is good for this model?

Tell me if you have any other advice
thanks

Old 02-06-2021, 07:42 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Robbyno89
Hi all

im new here and im from Italy i recently bought an used sakura xi sport with carbon fiber chassis , can someone tell me something tips:
-which parts do you suggest i have to upgrade before i use it?
-which parts are most susceptible to damage?
-which oil do you use for shock/diff for asphalt circuit? I already have hudy 350 and 2000 is good for this model?

Tell me if you have any other advice
thanks
really the only parts I ever broke were the plastic steering parts, suspension arms occasionally, and front c hubs. I changed the steering to aluminum pieces and I will keep a few arms and c blocks on hand just in case.
I would run whatever diff oil most are using at your track. I would think 2000 would be a little heavy for asphalt but I mainly run carpet so can’t really say. 350 may be about right. Someone who runs asphalt will probably be along to comment...
Old 05-13-2021, 10:27 AM
Tech Master

Still out there running strong with my XI's ... VTA & RCGT. Recently broke a steering rack on the rcgt car, replaced it with the stock plastic one, got around 3 years out of the stock one, not bad for weekly parking lot club racing
kufman and snowman49 like this.
Old 11-23-2021, 08:14 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Just picked up an XI sport NU for VTA. What clamping hex is needed for VTA wheels? Is it 6mm like the S6/4? Any other suggested modifications or setup for outdoor asphalt?
Old 11-24-2021, 01:39 PM
Tech Regular

I haven't got an XI, but since it uses the same steering block as the Zero and the same axles as pretty much all of them, I'd assume you want 6mm hexes on the front. They seem to be out of stock last time I looked, but Integy has these that fit: OBM-1374BLUE
Old 01-09-2022, 12:24 PM
Tech Rookie

I got two of this car and i want to sell it, can someone tell me if this car worth something or is trash?
Old 01-10-2022, 01:02 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Robbyno89
I got two of this car and i want to sell it, can someone tell me if this car worth something or is trash?
Not the latest and greatest, but not trash either. I recently bought mine to race in the VTA class.
Old 02-20-2023, 03:39 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Tuf
It's what I do for other bearings but I can't for the knuckles and rear hubs, cause there's a divider in the middle of the knuckle between the 2 bearings.

I can't find a way to take them off without damages.
You can take the stub axle and slip it in a little and then try to push on one side a little to bite the inner race and wiggle it out...