Search
Like Tree34Likes

Schumacher Mi5

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2014, 05:00 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Gillblade
When u modify the shocks to be 10.5mm long, how do u do it? Cut the bottom of shaft and cut ballcup? Or do i need to use other springcups (schumacher alu?)
What are the benefits of running the shocks at 10.5mm?
You'll need to cut about 3mm off the end of the shock shaft, then just use the normal ball joint and spring cups.

Running the shorter shaft means it is easier to set low rebound levels, as with the shorter shaft the piston doesn't hit the bladder when you push the shaft all the way in.

HiH
Ed
Old 03-04-2014, 06:31 AM
Tech Adept

Are we talking the thread end of the shock? If yes then if you don't cut down the ball cup by 3mm the spring cups will not be 3mm shorter. Unless I am missing some thing.
Old 03-04-2014, 06:40 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by big paul
Are we talking the thread end of the shock? If yes then if you don't cut down the ball cup by 3mm the spring cups will not be 3mm shorter. Unless I am missing some thing.
Just cut the shock shaft in the bottom. The spring cup and ball cup is the same. It will only make the shock a little shorter, and the gap between the top of the shock and the spring cup smaller, but there is enough space for the spring. It will only be a little more dificault to rmove the spring cup afterwards, because there are 3 mm less lenght of the shock. Does that make sence, hope so
Old 03-04-2014, 02:45 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by big paul
It's the length of the threaded section of the shock shaft that limits how short you can make the shock, so by cutting that back, the ball cup can be wound on further, and shortening up the whole shock length.

Ed
Old 03-06-2014, 03:43 PM
reg
Tech Adept

Hi,
Would it be possible to do a detailed write up with pics with regards to doing the grub screw mod to take out the play in the front hub?
Maybe make it a sticky,
Thanks
Old 03-06-2014, 04:24 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by reg
Hi,
Would it be possible to do a detailed write up with pics with regards to doing the grub screw mod to take out the play in the front hub?
Maybe make it a sticky,
Thanks
I can do a blog post on it tonight. Not overly difficult, can actually do it without power tools.
Old 03-07-2014, 03:51 AM
reg
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by TryHard
I can do a blog post on it tonight. Not overly difficult, can actually do it without power tools.
That would be brilliant
Thank you.
Old 03-07-2014, 04:01 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by reg
That would be brilliant
Thank you.
As promised

http://www.thard.co.uk/mi5-hub-hinge-pin-mod/

Regards
Ed
Old 03-07-2014, 05:12 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Looks like I have something to do!

Regards Robert
Old 03-07-2014, 05:43 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Robert_K
Looks like I have something to do!

Regards Robert
Old 03-07-2014, 09:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)
Default Nice

just wanted to drop a word on the new hard bumper by Discount RC...

just AWESOME!

had to shim the top bumper up 2mil....worked perfect.
Old 03-07-2014, 10:26 PM
reg
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by TryHard
That's brilliant Ed thank you very much
Old 03-07-2014, 11:14 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DiscountRCStore
We've heard some grumblings concerning an updated chassis though no one has confirmed for certain. We would speculate that they'd be working on some of the general flexiness; be it ideal for asphalt, not so ideal for carpet. Many of the brands are working and winning with aluminum chassis' right now.. who know's? It's all speculation at this point.. We'll post anything we hear confirmed when it's known.

FWIW.. I do know that Schumacher watches the forums closely.. It might be a good time to post some feedback on some of the things you guys would like to see - if another kit was in the works.. Just a thought ..

..p
I jumped on the Schumacher Bandwagon with the introduction of the Mi3 and have had every model up to but not including the last Mi4model and the Mi5. I loved them all. When I ordered my last Mi4 in prep for a Reedy race the car was hung up in customs for over a month, so I pretty much gave up on any new schumachers. but when the Mi5 came out, it took everything I had to not buy one. I've seen it perform on our local asphalt tracks and the car is amazing and its been hard to not purchase one. one thing that does bother about the car is all the mods people do for various reasons.

oh BTW, I had a Kawada SV10 when the first came out. (its on the shelf) I like that top deck design.

Last edited by skypilot; 03-08-2014 at 10:09 AM. Reason: the word "not" added
Old 03-08-2014, 07:53 AM
reg
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by skypilot
I jumped on the Schumacher Bandwagon with the introduction of the Mi3 and have had every model up to but not including the last Mi4model and the Mi5. I loved them all. When I ordered my last Mi4 in prep for a Reedy race the car was hung up in customs for over a month, so I pretty much gave up on any new schumachers. but when the Mi5 came out, it took everything I had to buy one. I've seen it perform on our local asphalt tracks and the car is amazing and its been hard to not purchase one. one thing that does bother about the car is all the mods people do for various reasons.

oh BTW, I had a Kawada SV10 when the first came out. (its on the shelf) I like that top deck design.
Iv been running a boxstock setup as per kit apart from one extra centre brace £4 I think,no mods and it's second had from the first batch,it's without doubt the best car iv ever driven,I had an ARC and for me it's night and day different,it just grips and goes were you want it to,the mods people are doing are personal not essential
Old 03-08-2014, 02:21 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Hello Racer's, Just finished my new Mi5. Going to make my first test, and run next Sunday. Hope you like it. Ron H,
Attached Thumbnails Schumacher Mi5-mi5-1.jpg   Schumacher Mi5-mi5-2.jpg   Schumacher Mi5-mi5-3.jpg   Schumacher Mi5-mi5-4.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.