Search
Like Tree34Likes

Schumacher Mi5

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2014, 02:39 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Shock Tower
Just discovered that one of my rear wishbones precision balls have fairly amount of sloop when the shocks are dismounted.
Is there any fix to get rid of this kind of sloop ?
Originally Posted by haywood
If I'm thinking correctly I think you can replace them if you can get them out. I would try to hang the arm in a can of acetone to try to loosen the glue. I'm sure Phil could tell us if this would work?
Other option is to pop the ball out, and then run a thin film of ca glue around the inside. Let it dry and then put the ball back in. Might be a little tight to begin with, but this can tighten up the pivot balls nicely.
Old 02-13-2014, 03:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TryHard
Other option is to pop the ball out, and then run a thin film of ca glue around the inside. Let it dry and then put the ball back in. Might be a little tight to begin with, but this can tighten up the pivot balls nicely.
I've found CA is kind of sticky. Which sounds obvious, but what I mean is that dried CA is a bit soft and grabby. I'm not sure it'd be the best for de-slopping a ball cup.

What about using the plastic bag trick, or a bit of Teflon tape?

-Mike
Old 02-13-2014, 11:22 PM
Tech Regular

have the same problem, the balls produce sloop fast, actually the whole car has quite alot of sloop all around, i have always hated it, and worked hard to get rid of it, but on this car i havent spent a minute on it yet as the car is running so well.

a cure for the balls in the arms is the only thing i`d want to know a good way for the future
Old 02-14-2014, 06:07 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by haywood
If I'm thinking correctly I think you can replace them if you can get them out. I would try to hang the arm in a can of acetone to try to loosen the glue. I'm sure Phil could tell us if this would work?

This is the best method we've found.. only just a few minutes though as the acetone can begin to delaminate the arms. You can then place the joint over a vice or plier handles and carefully ' knock or tap out ' the old fitting then refit with part U4244. We've not had good success with CA or the plastic bag as they both seem to make the joint 'bind', at least initially. I will attempt teflon tape the next time the need arises.. The best solution would seem to simply replace the joint if possible. hope it helps..!

..p
Old 02-17-2014, 12:51 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I have a NIB MI5 for sale 400$ shipped, and as bonus ill throw in rear arms stiffner and onepice shockmount

Pics on request...
Old 02-21-2014, 01:00 PM
Tech Rookie

Can someone help will a mi4cxl spool or gear diff fit in the front of a mi5
Old 02-22-2014, 01:24 PM
reg
Tech Adept

What about putting the rubber O rings on the balls all round like the ones on the rear of the Mi1?
Old 02-23-2014, 05:39 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Can someone who has installed the wild things rear brace please post a pic? I'm not understanding how to do it
Old 02-24-2014, 10:38 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by igetbombed
Can someone who has installed the wild things rear brace please post a pic? I'm not understanding how to do it
Here's a couple of Matin's car - You need to exchange the longer screws in the front mounts of the rear arms for the M3x6 countersunk ones. Then, you'll mount the spacer, then brace, then screw it into the arm sockets from the top using the longer M3 screws.. Hope it helps..

..p
Attached Thumbnails Schumacher Mi5-7.jpg   Schumacher Mi5-8.jpg  
Old 02-24-2014, 10:04 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DiscountRCStore
Here's a couple of Matin's car - You need to exchange the longer screws in the front mounts of the rear arms for the M3x6 countersunk ones. Then, you'll mount the spacer, then brace, then screw it into the arm sockets from the top using the longer M3 screws.. Hope it helps..

..p

When I bought the brace it came with the brace, 2 spacers and 2 longer silver button head screws. If I use the two screws that came with the brace in place of the stock screws, then I can't screw the stock bottom screw in. Was I supposed to get two shorter screws to use in place of the stock bottom screws?
Old 02-25-2014, 12:59 AM
Tech Adept

If u use stock rollcenter schim (1mm) i think u need a 3x6 screw from the bottom... Thats how i have mounted my brace...
Old 02-25-2014, 10:16 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by igetbombed
When I bought the brace it came with the brace, 2 spacers and 2 longer silver button head screws. If I use the two screws that came with the brace in place of the stock screws, then I can't screw the stock bottom screw in. Was I supposed to get two shorter screws to use in place of the stock bottom screws?
The brace's we've received have not had the M3x6 screws, only the longer ones.

..p
Old 02-26-2014, 06:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 97 (100%+)

Mi5 for sale.
Old 02-26-2014, 08:36 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Why sell it, new car's coming out ?
Btw, if they gonna coming out an updated version. What changes does peoplewant in it
Old 02-26-2014, 11:16 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by Car Breaker
Why sell it, new car's coming out ?
Btw, if they gonna coming out an updated version. What changes does people want in it
We've heard some grumblings concerning an updated chassis though no one has confirmed for certain. We would speculate that they'd be working on some of the general flexiness; be it ideal for asphalt, not so ideal for carpet. Many of the brands are working and winning with aluminum chassis' right now.. who know's? It's all speculation at this point.. We'll post anything we hear confirmed when it's known.

FWIW.. I do know that Schumacher watches the forums closely.. It might be a good time to post some feedback on some of the things you guys would like to see - if another kit was in the works.. Just a thought ..

..p

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.