Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree34Likes

Schumacher Mi5

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2013, 10:52 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Pinion King
That's where I get my stuff from, didn't have any problems at all.
Maybe because you're sponsored by them. I ordered parts in the past and it takes six weeks for them to get it.
Old 05-30-2013, 11:35 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

So if i need to buy springs as its been years since ive raced, whats a good set to go for. Something comparable to what will be seen on setup sheets. Im seeing HPI being used a bit. Just the Schuey spring sets? I have Tamiys shock springs but hate it when i cant directly compare to others.
Old 05-31-2013, 12:37 AM
Tech Fanatic

How durable is the Mi5 seeing the suspensions arms and hubs are all made of carbon fiber?
Old 05-31-2013, 02:07 AM
CA
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Ozasis
So if i need to buy springs as its been years since ive raced, whats a good set to go for. Something comparable to what will be seen on setup sheets. Im seeing HPI being used a bit. Just the Schuey spring sets? I have Tamiys shock springs but hate it when i cant directly compare to others.
Great to see all the old timers back Ozasis and AdrianM!

Our new spring set is awesome, the kit green spring is same as the popular silver spring from another well known manufacturer that you can't buy anymore. Start with that.
Old 05-31-2013, 05:35 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ozasis
The kit springs Green (16lb) are being used in Grainger's Carpet and Tarmac setups. Hofer is running Green in front and White (14lb) in the rear.

When I ordered my kit last night I got 2 pr each of White and Blue (15lb) springs. This should cover 99.9% of any carpet or tarmac conditions.
Old 05-31-2013, 08:27 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by cyba888
How durable is the Mi5 seeing the suspensions arms and hubs are all made of carbon fiber?
I can chime in on this issue, lol, at Speedworld Raceway last week, (a track that mostly caters to 1/8 and 1/10 scale nitro) I hit the 4x4 wood posts used as lane dividers hard, no, make that very hard!. the arms and hubs worked great!. (I should be paid to conduct durability testing). I never broke an arm, and after 1 very nasty crash, I broke a steering hub carrier. the rest of the car came out ok as well.
Old 05-31-2013, 09:45 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AdrianM
I got 2 pr each of White and Blue (15lb) springs. This should cover 99.9% of any carpet or tarmac conditions.
I did the same thing 16lbs seems a TAD heavy for medium traction tarmac. I think blue/blue is what i will likely end up running on tarmac.
Old 05-31-2013, 10:17 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by cyba888
I was talking to Chris (CA) this morning and asked him about this. The car has proven to be extremely tough in testing. The production kits have alloy screws for attaching the pivot balls to the chassis. You have to hit something a ton to shear them but they will break before the chassis gets damaged. Its a very smart way to build in a mechanical fuse to prevent expensive damage.

If you follow the instructions (and addendums) the car will be very tough.
Old 05-31-2013, 11:05 AM
Tech Fanatic

Thanks for the replies much appreciated. Which other model touring cars did you guys have and in your opinion how does the mi5 drive compared to the others? Any pros and cons? Tia
Old 05-31-2013, 11:28 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by AdrianM
I was talking to Chris (CA) this morning and asked him about this. The car has proven to be extremely tough in testing. The production kits have alloy screws for attaching the pivot balls to the chassis. You have to hit something a ton to shear them but they will break before the chassis gets damaged. Its a very smart way to build in a mechanical fuse to prevent expensive damage.

If you follow the instructions (and addendums) the car will be very tough.
I did that to my car. The alloy screws sheered off, did not damage the arms at all. I am waiting for new screws
Old 05-31-2013, 11:30 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gdcopbdcop
I can chime in on this issue, lol, at Speedworld Raceway last week, (a track that mostly caters to 1/8 and 1/10 scale nitro) I hit the 4x4 wood posts used as lane dividers hard, no, make that very hard!. the arms and hubs worked great!. (I should be paid to conduct durability testing). I never broke an arm, and after 1 very nasty crash, I broke a steering hub carrier. the rest of the car came out ok as well.
You weren't going fast enough to actually break
Old 05-31-2013, 11:44 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by STLNLST
D'oh!
Old 05-31-2013, 12:42 PM
Tech Addict

What happened to the "I guarantee that if I get a touring car that I can put it in the A Main at the Reedy". j/k, great job getting into the B main, that was 1 tough field! Way to go!
Old 05-31-2013, 12:45 PM
Tech Addict

and by the way, I was going full throttle with a boosted 17.5 and hit the wall...it was going very fast. (especially since I was using a speed passion reventon pro and NOT a tekin)!
Old 05-31-2013, 01:52 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by gdcopbdcop
What happened to the "I guarantee that if I get a touring car that I can put it in the A Main at the Reedy". j/k, great job getting into the B main, that was 1 tough field! Way to go!
Clint, be careful making promises...you might end up wearing a little black dress again

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.