Search
Like Tree34Likes

Schumacher Mi5

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2016, 12:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DiscountRCStore
Hello..! apologies on the delayed response.. If I follow what you're describing, it seems that it could have excessive bumpsteer ( occurs when the angle of the link is great enough that it pulls the outside wheel and will begin to toe out under load; such as cornering ) yes, for sure it can make the car behave funny especially around mid corner .. I've not heard of people doing that specifically, however it sounds like a good solution to start with .. level links are generally the way to go .. FWIW ..

some of the others may chime in that have had that experience specifically ..

..p
I just received the TP Steering set. Is it true that it's lower? I haven't installed yet. If that's the case Id rather stick with the stock rack. I've been doing fine with it anyway.
Old 05-20-2016, 04:38 AM
Tech Apprentice

Cant say but suugest remove bump steer spacers to suit. Anyone have dimensions of the transmission alignment jig, as mine is secondhand I never got one and I could make one up if I knew the sizes. First prize would to buy one but they dont seem available anywhere.
Old 05-20-2016, 05:13 AM
No9
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tonyv2382
I just received the TP Steering set. Is it true that it's lower? I haven't installed yet. If that's the case Id rather stick with the stock rack. I've been doing fine with it anyway.
It is lower and i had some bump steer issues at first so i use 1.5mm shims under the rack and it works a charm.
Old 05-20-2016, 01:19 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by No9
It is lower and i had some bump steer issues at first so i use 1.5mm shims under the rack and it works a charm.
Got it! Thanks. There's the solution.
Old 05-20-2016, 03:53 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by rcdreamer
... Anyone have dimensions of the transmission alignment jig, as mine is secondhand I never got one and I could make one up if I knew the sizes. First prize would to buy one but they dont seem available anywhere.

Hello..! Which chassis; the 5 of the EVO? I recall the EVO kits coming with those though I don't think that they were part of the original Mi5.. That said, I can't seem to find a part number for the EVO one - the Mi6 has a part number U4939 <-- *link* -- though I'm not yet fully certain that the dimensions are the same .. We do have an email into Schumacher on that and will post back what we hear ..

..p
Old 05-22-2016, 09:28 PM
Tech Apprentice

Thanks DiscountRCstore, yes its a MI5EVO.
Old 05-23-2016, 04:48 AM
Tech Apprentice

Installed the TP steering over the weekend and i'm battling to get equal steering throw left to right. Had very similar with the old rack, I'm doubting it now, will test at the track. I dont see why they come along with the optional lock plates as mine doesnt reach the mid lock blocks as it is.
Old 05-23-2016, 07:17 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Installed the TP steering over the weekend and i'm battling to get equal steering throw left to right. Had very similar with the old rack, I'm doubting it now, will test at the track. I dont see why they come along with the optional lock plates as mine doesnt reach the mid lock blocks as it is.

.. when you can, double check to see if the steering links are equal left and right; they should be exactly the same length. Also verify on your radio that your end points are set so that the servo will articulate equally both left and right. Keep in mind that the EPA numbers may not be the same value left and right on your radio. As for the throw.. once you've verified the prior items, it is possible that you will need to raise your link up (or longer servo horn) on the servo horn to ensure enough throw left and right. Also check that your radio is 'centered' or 'zero-ed' before mounting the horn.. Hopefully one of these bits will help; let us know ..

..p
Old 05-23-2016, 10:10 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Thanks DiscountRCstore, yes its a MI5EVO.
.. the reply was basically that the U4939 is the only alignment jig that they produce and therefore would be suitable for both cars .. We do have those in stock if you decide ..

..p
Old 05-23-2016, 09:17 PM
Tech Apprentice

Cool, thanks for the update will acquire the U4939. As for the TP steering throw I had, a longer servo horn seemed to solve the issue, had to make minor EPA to achieve lock both ends, left was reduced to 90 and right increased to 108, which suggest my servo not entirely centralized, Im comfortable with it for now. Will test this coming weekend. On another note what are people using to stop the shock ends leaking, I rebuilt with the blue tamiya ones as suggested on THARDS website, they seem to leak more than the ones that I removed, any remedies?. Thanks
Old 05-23-2016, 10:38 PM
Tech Elite

Cool, thanks for the update will acquire the U4939. As for the TP steering throw I had, a longer servo horn seemed to solve the issue, had to make minor EPA to achieve lock both ends, left was reduced to 90 and right increased to 108, which suggest my servo not entirely centralized, Im comfortable with it for now. Will test this coming weekend. On another note what are people using to stop the shock ends leaking, I rebuilt with the blue tamiya ones as suggested on THARDS website, they seem to leak more than the ones that I removed, any remedies?. Thanks
Kyosho P3 grooved Orings. I use these with most shocks. Just installed on the Evo and seem to be a good fit. And smooth.
Old 05-24-2016, 09:25 PM
Tech Apprentice

Cool thanks, will give them a go.
Old 05-25-2016, 11:14 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Hello, has anyone used the team associated tc springs for asphalt racing? If so what's a good starting point?

Thank you
Old 05-25-2016, 01:00 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DK9mm
Hello, has anyone used the team associated tc springs for asphalt racing? If so what's a good starting point?

Thank you
dk,
if your running at norcal use hpi silvers. at rippon use schumacher greens.
most of the time i just just the schumacher greens. I have not made it to Norcal in a while. If you need springs just hit me up I always have spares as well as upgrades with me.
Timmy
Old 05-27-2016, 04:03 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Mi5Evo kingpin shearing (snapping)

That's it, I'm not going to buy another u4270 king pin replacement set as the same thing happens .... The king pin failed again tonight. I've purchased 50 M4 x 14 hardened screws and have started to use these.
Anyone else got this issue....? it is the same set up for the Mi6.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.