Search
Like Tree34Likes

Schumacher Mi5

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2016, 04:12 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by terminator_2
That's it, I'm not going to buy another u4270 king pin replacement set as the same thing happens .... The king pin failed again tonight. I've purchased 50 M4 x 14 hardened screws and have started to use these.
Anyone else got this issue....? it is the same set up for the Mi6.
yes it the same on the 6. I have not had an issue with them. Are they breaking at the threads?
Old 05-27-2016, 04:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dvsstrike
yes it the same on the 6. I have not had an issue with them. Are they breaking at the threads?
I've had some bad wrecks with the car and have never broken these on my evo. I'm actually surprised at how durable this car is, I've broken the plastic piece that holds the bumper but that's about it. I just keep getting faster with this car and probably won't even switch from this car any time soon. Actually thinking of building an aluminum version just to alternate.
Old 05-27-2016, 04:45 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tonyv2382
I've had some bad wrecks with the car and have never broken these on my evo. I'm actually surprised at how durable this car is, I've broken the plastic piece that holds the bumper but that's about it. I just keep getting faster with this car and probably won't even switch from this car any time soon. Actually thinking of building an aluminum version just to alternate.
if you need i have one with a new avid chassis for sale. and yes most drivers were faster with their evo5
tim
Old 05-28-2016, 01:22 AM
Tech Rookie

Yes, it is breaking on the threads. Breaking one every race meeting.
I had found that the thread had not been screwed in straight into the hub and thought that I had solved it, but alas another one broke again last night.
Removed the kingpin on the other side too and replaced with the hardened m4 x 14 screw. Job sorted! Lasted 3 heats and counting.
Roll on next week!
Love Schumacher cars (had Missions, converted to Mi1's, then Mi4CXL and finally got an Mi5Evo (or two!). This kingpin (for me) seems to fail very regularly).
Old 05-28-2016, 02:10 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by terminator_2
Yes, it is breaking on the threads. Breaking one every race meeting.
I had found that the thread had not been screwed in straight into the hub and thought that I had solved it, but alas another one broke again last night.
Removed the kingpin on the other side too and replaced with the hardened m4 x 14 screw. Job sorted! Lasted 3 heats and counting.
Roll on next week!
Love Schumacher cars (had Missions, converted to Mi1's, then Mi4CXL and finally got an Mi5Evo (or two!). This kingpin (for me) seems to fail very regularly).
I've had the same king pins since early March. Maybe avoid hitting stuff

I'm joking. If there is a good alternative I'll buy some parts.
Old 05-30-2016, 04:47 AM
Tech Apprentice

I seem to have a serious issue with my evo. Down the straights on full power my car seems to violently dart right to left so much that I have to lift off to keep it stable. I'm running boosted 13.5. Tried turning down the boost but didn't solve this issue. My friend has the old MI4 running 21.5 motor no boost has a similar issue down the straight as well. All other brands seem to fine. Has anyone experienced similar and what they did to solve this??.
Old 05-30-2016, 06:42 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcdreamer
I seem to have a serious issue with my evo. Down the straights on full power my car seems to violently dart right to left so much that I have to lift off to keep it stable. I'm running boosted 13.5. Tried turning down the boost but didn't solve this issue. My friend has the old MI4 running 21.5 motor no boost has a similar issue down the straight as well. All other brands seem to fine. Has anyone experienced similar and what they did to solve this??.
I never had a problem with this issue. However if I did the first thing I will check will be the tweak in the car. If the car is tweak badly and can't be fix with small adjustment, I will then measure the shaft to make sure all for are the same. The check for tweak again. hope this is a good starting point for you.
Old 05-30-2016, 07:12 PM
No9
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I had the same issue after installing the twin point steering.I added 1.5mm shims under the steering rack because of excessive bump steer and have not had an issue since.
I would also check for movement in the servo saver or servo glitch.
Hope this helps.
Old 05-30-2016, 09:37 PM
Tech Apprentice

Thanks guys, Yes this has only appeared since I installed the twin point steering. I have hardly no bump steer. Will raise the TPS and see if it solves my problem. Will check for tweak but not convinced its that as the car never did that before the TPS. Im not using a servo saver either. I also cut the wishbones all round, never installed the straps, wondered if that could be the cause , will test and report back over the coming weekend if it gets solved. What baffles me is why Schumacher would release a upgrade (TPS) and not make mention of the need to raise it???.
Old 05-31-2016, 10:23 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Hey guys, my mi5 arrived today!!!!!

Question, I am running a REDS 17.5 motor. What spur/pinion is best for this type of motor?

Sorry for the newb (been out since 2007) questions.
Old 05-31-2016, 11:08 PM
Tech Elite

Thanks guys, Yes this has only appeared since I installed the twin point steering. I have hardly no bump steer. Will raise the TPS and see if it solves my problem. Will check for tweak but not convinced its that as the car never did that before the TPS. Im not using a servo saver either. I also cut the wishbones all round, never installed the straps, wondered if that could be the cause , will test and report back over the coming weekend if it gets solved. What baffles me is why Schumacher would release a upgrade (TPS) and not make mention of the need to raise it???.
I recently installed the TPS and went off advice I got on this thread, just a few posts ago, about raising the rack 1.5mm. I never did any weird mods to the car (cutting wish bones). I really just don't see why. My car is fast and seems to get faster with every time i race it and is super consistent. Cutting wish bones and then adding straps to me is like doing something just to undo it. IMHO the wishbones are fine as is. Either run the straps or don't. Hell I shaved a second off my lap times recently just switching to the Dart body. �� Things don't have to be complicated. The simplest solutions work best. I run the Schumacher servo saver btw. It's awesome.
Old 05-31-2016, 11:11 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by DK9mm
Hey guys, my mi5 arrived today!!!!!

Question, I am running a REDS 17.5 motor. What spur/pinion is best for this type of motor?

Sorry for the newb (been out since 2007) questions.
For 17.5 I'm running the 96t spur with a 41-42t pinion. Thats 64 pitch btw. I don't know what kind of track you're on but that's where I'm at on indoor carpet.
Old 06-01-2016, 07:16 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

.. we typically only ran cut arms on asphalt and usually just the front as it gave more flex ( North/South - on the end of the car that they're cut on ) and a bit more steering.. on carpet we found that it simply generated too much grip and corner speed really suffered for it. That said, the straps on the FF and RR stiffened the chassis across the middle ( East/West - on the end of the car that they're on ) and in most higher grip situations, made the car more consistent and easier to drive.. If the prior suggestions don't completely resolve the issue, consider beginning to stiffen the chassis back up .. too much flex can cause strange and inconsistent handling characteristics; carbon loads up similar to a spring - exponentially not linearly - FWIW .. Hope it helps !

..p
Old 06-01-2016, 08:24 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

For 17.5 I'm running the 96t spur with a 41-42t pinion. Thats 64 pitch btw. I don't know what kind of track you're on but that's where I'm at on indoor carpet.
Thanks. I currently have an 70 and 89 spur (48 pitch) and 19-24 pinion.

What the best combo for what I have?
Old 06-01-2016, 08:50 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by DK9mm
Thanks. I currently have an 70 and 89 spur (48 pitch) and 19-24 pinion.

What the best combo for what I have?

..I've attached a gear chart for you .. for 17.5 generally guys run an FDR between 3.4 and 4.3 depending on track, grip layout etc .. For 48p It looks like you'll need the 70T and some other pinions (30-39T) to get the ratio you're needing.. maybe ask some locals what ratio they run to get yourself in the ballpark .. hope it helps

..p
Attached Thumbnails Schumacher Mi5-mi5gear.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.