Search
Like Tree4Likes

Speed Passion F1 car - The SP1

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2013, 12:20 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Solara
Spare parts are online right now...and will be ready by TOMORROW.
Very cool! Thanks.
Old 05-20-2013, 12:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Lloyd it's definitely tires. I had 2 on the track here in Washington with 2 entirely different setups and both were very good. We have mostly V2's for locals. Both cars being run mostly stock with just tuning changes. Pit 571/2 tires full sauced. Got a little time on the Pardus tires in the am but time was an issue and missed a full run them in the PM when grip and temp was up.

As Solara said throttle input off the turn is critical until you get the car squared up. I have sold 4 cars now to drivers for our upcoming asphalt series with another who I think tipped over the edge this weekend.

I ran a v2 also yesterday prepping for TCS and just couldn't get it as smooth as my SP-1.
Old 05-20-2013, 01:48 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by LloydLoar
Is this just a case of running the wrong tires? We were trying Trinity Tire Tweak as traction compound...maybe that played a role?
I ran all weekend on asphalt and the only thing i needed was front-grip, the rear was planted with Ride-tires and Tire Tweak. I understand the Pit Shimizu are great!!
Old 05-20-2013, 02:46 PM
Tech Champion

On the lower rear pod plate there are 2 countersunk holes that nothing mounts to in the instructions. They kind of remind me of the mounting holes for the diffuser on the CRC Gen Xti...so I'm wondering if that's what they are for?
Old 05-20-2013, 03:13 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ericjooopuntnl
I ran all weekend on asphalt and the only thing i needed was front-grip, the rear was planted with Ride-tires and Tire Tweak. I understand the Pit Shimizu are great!!
same here, local expert taught me to use no preload on side springs, and reduce droop in the main shock (still too much droop with the shortest ball cup).
Old 05-20-2013, 03:44 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by InspGadgt
On the lower rear pod plate there are 2 countersunk holes that nothing mounts to in the instructions. They kind of remind me of the mounting holes for the diffuser on the CRC Gen Xti...so I'm wondering if that's what they are for?
Look couple page back for what I did on the side link...I use the most outside hole for the link and drilled a new one in between the front 2 holes and toe in the link for the outdoor setup....

I let the side pot spring sits on top of the carbon fiber and use longer screw. just look back couple pages for all the image.
Old 05-20-2013, 03:47 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Ericjooopuntnl
I have zero complaint about the Pit Shumizu/TCS tires that I have....however, from what TQ RC Racing site, it said the TCS tires suppose to be the same as the Pit, but it said the TCS tires are HARD rear and SOFT front...? Is that right..?

I remember when I was racing F103 with rubber tires running RIDE or Pit, they were already HARD front and SOFT (super soft sometimes) rear...

If TQ is correct and if TCS is really HARD REAR and soft front...that is really weird then (possible the insert made the different?) but no matter what, the outcome yesterday with the TCS/Pit was AWESOME...car was on rail.
Old 05-20-2013, 03:59 PM
Tech Champion

After yesterday racing, the setup that I posted couple page back is very good on prepped track....my equipment was Reventon PRO with STOCK0 software placing at the back of the car, shorty Speed power lipo the most forward position. MMM 21.5 with yellow board at 36* timing...gearing from 19/72 start, ended up 25/72 and motor was 140* after 6 minutes 90* track temperature.

And overall result...Just need a little bit more turn in. I only sauced the inside edge of the PIT and PARDUS tires (full at rear)...and I am sure couple things I can do, I can add 0.5* more camber, toe out 0.5* more, possible 1 level lower of the softer spring....but overall, I think I will set the dual rate HIGHER first...the easiest fix..LOL.
Old 05-20-2013, 04:56 PM
Tech Champion

Look couple page back for what I did on the side link...I use the most outside hole for the link and drilled a new one in between the front 2 holes and toe in the link for the outdoor setup....

I let the side pot spring sits on top of the carbon fiber and use longer screw. just look back couple pages for all the image.
I'm not talking about the holes in front where the links connect...on the back of the pod to the left and right of the balance/center-line hole
Old 05-20-2013, 05:00 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Pit's nomenclature is weird and doesn't really reflect the tires hardness in reality.
Old 05-20-2013, 07:23 PM
Tech Champion

Here's the holes I was talking about:
Attached Thumbnails Speed Passion  F1 car - The SP1-sp1-lower-pod-plate.jpg  
Old 05-21-2013, 04:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

I have zero complaint about the Pit Shumizu/TCS tires that I have....however, from what TQ RC Racing site, it said the TCS tires suppose to be the same as the Pit, but it said the TCS tires are HARD rear and SOFT front...? Is that right..?

I remember when I was racing F103 with rubber tires running RIDE or Pit, they were already HARD front and SOFT (super soft sometimes) rear...

If TQ is correct and if TCS is really HARD REAR and soft front...that is really weird then (possible the insert made the different?) but no matter what, the outcome yesterday with the TCS/Pit was AWESOME...car was on rail.
The explanation that has been made to me on the Pits is that there are 2 compounds, 1 and 3. The soft, hard, medium refers to the sidewall stiffness. The TCS tires are the 571/572 combination that has been popular in the UF1 series in California
Old 05-21-2013, 08:21 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by BP SHADOW
The explanation that has been made to me on the Pits is that there are 2 compounds, 1 and 3. The soft, hard, medium refers to the sidewall stiffness. The TCS tires are the 571/572 combination that has been popular in the UF1 series in California
Thanks Brad...that explains it. Beside, the 571/572 combo, the rest of the shore are much cheaper...

Does anyone know the PIT tires, are they only work with the Tamiya FOAM rims? Do they work with those regular rim with ribs?

Anyone tried the SWEEP TIRES yet..?
Old 05-21-2013, 08:44 AM
Tech Champion

Here's the holes I was talking about:
Those are for the upcoming underbody air diffuser....option parts. And you are correct on that...
Old 05-21-2013, 09:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

I had read that there were issues with the Sweep F1 tires not performing up to expectations that the rears, especially, didn't provide enough grip. I had also read that Sweep was addressing the issue. Unfortunately, I can't recall where I read it. It may have been on the Australian RC F1 site.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.