Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree68Likes

Tamiya TA05 Touring Sedan

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2007, 06:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The EBBRO 350R has the same lines but this Nissan's livery is nicer.
Old 12-13-2007, 11:02 AM
AWK
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I would be willing to be Tamiya will produce a GT-R Super GT bodyset for next year. I also agree that you should look for it on the IFS chassis.
Old 12-14-2007, 10:59 AM
Tech Fanatic

Who wants to sell NEXUS a TA05R..? He paid top $$$$....promise. [/QUOTE]

I'll sell him my TA05R... I used a couple of times during the summer and haven't touched it since. TC class has pretty much disappeared.
Would trade for durga with universals... LOL...
Old 12-14-2007, 11:05 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Iam trying to find trf damper shocks 53571 does anyone know who has them in stock ...thanks for your help.
Old 12-14-2007, 11:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally Posted by impdog
Iam trying to find trf damper shocks 53571 does anyone know who has them in stock ...thanks for your help.
http://www.speedtechrc.com/store/ebp...id=464&id=6823

$4 more and super trick...get these.
Old 12-14-2007, 03:57 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

I have those shocks and they are very nice and smooth!
Old 12-14-2007, 07:25 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 108 (100%+)

I disagree that the TA05 can't run well on carpet with foams. In fact on all but the highest of traction carpet tracks the car is as good if not better than most cars out there. The ultra stiffness most racers crave is really not needed and in fact can hinder setting up a car.

For the conversion you would need arms, hubs, carriers, knuckles and shorter universals...but it's still a pretty cheap change. I'd say 60-70 bux and you've got all you'll need.
Originally Posted by Hyper_Mike
Hi all,

I'm contemplating getting a TA05R for use with foams on carpet at my local club and was thinking that I'd do just that. My questions are:

What parts would I need to convert to the standard suspension (is it just arms or arms and uprights or ??)

Do I need to do both front and back or are foams only an issue on the front?

Sorry if this is noob kinda question, but I am what I am

Thanks,
Mike
Old 12-17-2007, 04:35 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Turbo Joe
http://www.speedtechrc.com/store/ebp...id=464&id=6823

$4 more and super trick...get these.
they make my trf shocks look rubbish Those ones you've linked to look uber trick! Must resist temptation to buy replacements for christmas lol, Good find.
Old 12-17-2007, 08:14 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by tc3team
they make my trf shocks look rubbish Those ones you've linked to look uber trick! Must resist temptation to buy replacements for christmas lol, Good find.
Tell me about it...LOL Every time I go over there, I hear them whispering to me.

I have some perfectly good TRF stocks -- with most of the trick stuff -- on my TA05R, yet for some reason, now they seem inadequate.
Old 12-17-2007, 08:48 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Turbo Joe
Tell me about it...LOL Every time I go over there, I hear them whispering to me.

I have some perfectly good TRF stocks -- with most of the trick stuff -- on my TA05R, yet for some reason, now they seem inadequate.
LOL, well ima just gonna have to feel happy rebuilding mine... well, it will be happier on the pocket if nothing else.... damn those gold shock shafts are the bling, fo shizzle
Old 12-17-2007, 11:33 AM
Tech Apprentice

I would like to ask the opinion of this community...

I'm looking at returning to TC racing after a couple year layoff.

When I last raced, I was an above average driver. Probably back of the A Main, depending on who was racing that day.

I race stock only. The surface is indoor asphalt medium grip. The track is relatively large maybe 100' x 50'. Tires are rubber.

Question:

- How does the TA05-R compare to cars like the Xray T2 '007, Tamiya 415 and other cars at that price level?

I realize that the driver is usually the deciding factor, but given equal abilities would you be faster with another chassis?

Thanks!
Old 12-17-2007, 11:59 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

If you're running stock and rubber the TA05 is more than good enough for the average driver at the average track. I've been doing quite well with my base TA05 (rubber, 13.5, carpet) against TC5s, JRXs, and a few XRays. I still even have plastic shocks, dogbones in the back, and stock rear springs.

But if the track your going to frequent is populated by the upper echelon of RC driving talent and/or you're going to travel and race all over against the best of the best you might want to consider the higher end cars.

Ultimately, there is a lower ceiling for the TA05 than perhaps an XRay. But I really doubt that all but the 1/3 of all the drivers out there are good enough to go beyond it.
Old 12-17-2007, 12:32 PM
Tech Elite

We have a pretty fast crowd around these parts...and a lot of guys run TA05 cars. It will do anything that any other car will do...some things maybe even a little better. It's a tiny bit heavier, but that's about it. It's a great car...a world-class car if you consider the price.
Old 12-17-2007, 01:27 PM
Tech Champion

The stock '05 is a tad heavy, the R is a good spec but both can hang out with the bigger spec cars like the 415, xrays etc. Just nail the consistancy and dial out some of the huge turn in the 05 has and you're there.

Its a good club level car and very upgradable. 3racing do some good hop ups for it, and are usually a cheap port of call over genuine Tamiya upgrades, but personally steer clear of running roll bars on the car, they do nothing or very little/make the handling feel vague, and just add weight to the car imho.
Old 12-17-2007, 02:20 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by DEACON

Question:

- How does the TA05-R compare to cars like the Xray T2 '007, Tamiya 415 and other cars at that price level?

I realize that the driver is usually the deciding factor, but given equal abilities would you be faster with another chassis?
Originally Posted by Ed237
But if the track your going to frequent is populated by the upper echelon of RC driving talent and/or you're going to travel and race all over against the best of the best you might want to consider the higher end cars.

Ultimately, there is a lower ceiling for the TA05 than perhaps an XRay. But I really doubt that all but the 1/3 of all the drivers out there are good enough to go beyond it.
I was one of the fortune few who got to participate at the Tamiya World Championships in Japan. That event completely changed by perspective on the TA05.

In the TRF "GT Victory" class, a kid with a tub chassis TA05R outqualified Marc Reinhard and Victor Wilick in all four rounds of qualifying. My 415 was absolutely owned too. If that isn't the upper echlon of driver skill, than I don't know what is.

I no longer believe that a TA05 has a lower performance ceiling compared to an Xray, 415 etc. We just have to get our minds over the perception in TC that we absolutely need a $450+ chassis to be competitive.

After that trip, I'm going to revisit my TA05.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.