Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree68Likes

Tamiya TA05 Touring Sedan

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2008, 04:53 PM
Tech Regular

HELLO GUYS
i would like to know what parts i need to replace on a TA05-R to be able to fit the Inboard Front Suspension like the IFS,so i can use a EBBRO 350R bodyshell.
thank you
Salvo
Old 02-01-2008, 07:32 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (94%+)

Originally Posted by 94eg!
It's funny you mention that. Penguin recommends you flip the cross-link around to point rearward to increase ackerman. This in turn brings the ball-studs even closer, further reducing steering lock. Of course this only happens when using the carbon cross-links as the screw heads sticking up. I seriously doubt they considered this particular hop-up in their instructions. I may have to countersink the ball-stud holes just to get my lock back...

This only applies if your flip the cross link backwards and upside-down. My previous post only details flipping it upside-down...
Can you show us some pics please. Thanks.
Old 02-01-2008, 07:43 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Do anyone run their wires from their ESC to the receiver under the motor rather then around? Would that work. On the penguin chassis I have just enough room to do it.
Old 02-01-2008, 10:21 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tc3team
If you are considering modifying the steering simply to get more lock as your car is understeering then you must have a really ill handling car, as if anything usually on a ta05 you are dialling out oversteer. if it's not for that reason then just ignore me....
Actually im not too sure whether this happens to you guys. my servo seems to be able to turn more then what the car steering offers. its not about im having ill handling.

for example, my servo could do a 60degree turn to each end of both left and right. but because of the steering/ or maybe my wrong set-up, the servo now onli turn 55degree to each end. (an example for you guys to visualise).

just wondering anyone experience this, if not, then might be me myself had built the steering parts wrongly.

aniway. more steering is always better than less. haha.

Thanks for you guys who respond !
Old 02-03-2008, 12:26 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by speedzer
Actually im not too sure whether this happens to you guys. my servo seems to be able to turn more then what the car steering offers. its not about im having ill handling.

for example, my servo could do a 60degree turn to each end of both left and right. but because of the steering/ or maybe my wrong set-up, the servo now onli turn 55degree to each end. (an example for you guys to visualise).

just wondering anyone experience this, if not, then might be me myself had built the steering parts wrongly.

aniway. more steering is always better than less. haha.

Thanks for you guys who respond !
Mine is exactly the same with the Penguin chassis, and carbon steering cross-link (draglink). No big deal, I just turn down the steering dual-rate and still have plenty of steering...

Originally Posted by -KilleR-
Can you show us some pics please. Thanks.
Here is details from Penguins instructions on how they recommend you setup the steering system. The bell-cranks must be upside down so the turnbuckle from the servo doesn't hit the upper deck. But they also tell you flip the cross-link (draglink) so it faces backward to add more ackerman...

Old 02-03-2008, 07:14 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by guinnes.s
HELLO GUYS
i would like to know what parts i need to replace on a TA05-R to be able to fit the Inboard Front Suspension like the IFS,so i can use a EBBRO 350R bodyshell.
thank you
Salvo
Hi,
You will need:
51294 – N PARTS ROCKER ARM or 53991 – N PARTS – CARBON REINFORCED
53992 – ALUMINIUM ROCKER NUT
53993 – ALUMINIUM ROCKER ARM SET
53994 – CARBON DAMPER STAY REAR
9805840 - STEP SCREW 3x9.5mm, you can use a normal screw like on the bulkheads but you will have to modify the top brace.

HTH,

Liam
Old 02-03-2008, 08:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

With most RC cars, the steering servo will be able to turn more than the vehicle allows. THat is nothing to be alarmed about.
Old 02-04-2008, 05:30 AM
Tech Champion

Up against xrays and the like, my trusty ta05 didnt skip a beat, took TQ by half a second in the last qualifier then went on to take the overall win (2 leg final, took a 1st and a 2nd)

Found its sweet spot on the handling, but the best bit?

I was 80g overweight. Yep my car weighs in at 1580g and my motor smelt a little hot after its "work out".

Gonna have to treat it to a peltier and wire coolers at this rate, or the national grid...
Old 02-04-2008, 08:40 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by macnkitty2002
With most RC cars, the steering servo will be able to turn more than the vehicle allows. THat is nothing to be alarmed about.
+1, the servo has like virtually 180 degrees movement, I dont think any car can utilise that much and it is better to have less steering throw to get maximum car turning as it doesnt take so long to get to each l+r end throw
Old 02-04-2008, 01:41 PM
Tech Elite

+1, the servo has like virtually 180 degrees movement, I dont think any car can utilise that much and it is better to have less steering throw to get maximum car turning as it doesnt take so long to get to each l+r end throw
Moreover, if you have too much steering throw your car will experience wheel scrub (I think it's called). This is when the front steering wheels are pointed at such an extreme angle that they actually lock up and dont turn. The same principle that ABS brakes use comes into play here: when the wheels can't rotate they are useless for steering. When they can rotate, they pull the car toward the desired direction.
MORE STEERING MAY NOT ALWAYS BE BEST!
Old 02-04-2008, 05:48 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (94%+)

Originally Posted by 94eg!
Here is details from Penguins instructions on how they recommend you setup the steering system. The bell-cranks must be upside down so the turnbuckle from the servo doesn't hit the upper deck. But they also tell you flip the cross-link (draglink) so it faces backward to add more ackerman...

Thanks.
Old 02-05-2008, 08:56 PM
Tech Initiate

Hey, just wondering is the 3Racing Alum Front Solid Axle like a spool? Just asking as it doesnt really say.
Old 02-05-2008, 11:17 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Blue_VB_SL253
Hey, just wondering is the 3Racing Alum Front Solid Axle like a spool? Just asking as it doesnt really say.
Yup, a spool is a locked axle.
Old 02-06-2008, 02:41 PM
Tech Elite

I just got the Tamiya front spool. When is the right time to use it? Mainly on asphalt with rubber? Or can I use it on carpet with rubber too?
Old 02-06-2008, 03:14 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 108 (100%+)

I have been using the spool on my 05 with rubber on carpet and the car is great. You will need to alter the setup some to get the initial steering that a spool takes away (off power). But that usually is pretty easy to do.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.