Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree68Likes

Tamiya TA05 Touring Sedan

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2007, 11:05 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by over gear
i thought there is only 1 Ti outdrive from tamiya... how many are there??? do u have the part number of the stronger one?
Strong but medium weight - medium to fast wear
There are2 Titanium axles one for the reversible Lightweight suspension, (53718) and one for the standard TA04 / TB02 / TA05 suspension (53681)

Super lightweight & soft
There is the aluminum axle from the TRF415MSX Reinhard edition (53939)

Super strong, good wear, & heavy
To really confuse everyone there are the stock steel axles for the standard TA04 / TB02 / TA05 suspension (53499) & the steel axles for the reversible lightweight suspension (51094)

That is your lesson for today, class!
Old 02-21-2007, 12:38 AM
Tech Master

Mind to share your final ratio for modified motor 6T to 8T (any winds) for this chassis ? ....

And please tell me what motor you use ..... (V2, Peak, Reedy, Neo, Velociti)

Thanks.
Old 02-21-2007, 01:52 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

hi:

this is a question for the owners of TA05 with aftermarket carbon upperdecks... the thing is that I'm trying to get rid of a lot of spacers and lower the upper deck by putting it under the stiffners (grinding some material on there). Almost everything is straightforward, I can get rid of the spur protection/holder piece (the one where the antenna sits) and change it by the upper deck itself and an small piece of carbon to hold on the left side the antenna and the spur axle (saving weight in the process as well).

Problem is the servo arm.... as the upperdeck gets lower, the turnbuckle that connects the servo saver with the steering system (aluminium, by the way - ) touches and rubs the upperdeck brace, and now I'm stucked on the project bench again... now here are the questions:

1) Does anyone have changed sides between braces of steering set (the right to the left and vice-versa) and reduced the size of the steering turnbuckle?? What effect does this have on overall steering response???

2) Does anyone have made a mod to use the Evo5 steering?? Does it rubs with the front belt??

any help will be appreciated,
cheers,
al
Old 02-21-2007, 03:24 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 315 (100%+)

For those looking at CF aftermarket decks.

I HAD a TA05 with all the bling, 3 Racing CF chassis, looked awesome

My current TA05 runs the standard deck, basic hop ups (shock towers, shocks, suspension mounts, motor mount and belts) and is 0.3 seconds a lap quicker consistently.

..Just my experience.
Old 02-21-2007, 04:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I found the 3Racing better than the plastic Tub, and it is easier on electrics placement. It just needs a little weight at the rear to tame the back end down. But everyone drives dirrerently.

As for lowering the topdeck, why, what do you intend to acheive, I see absoloutely no bennefit from doing it.
Old 02-21-2007, 06:11 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by DA_cookie_monst
As for lowering the topdeck, why, what do you intend to acheive, I see absoloutely no bennefit from doing it.
there are a lot of annoying spacers all around the upper deck on the xenon chassis (perhaps it is different from 3racing one9, and don't like the way it is arranged... by lowering the top deck I also want to lower a little bit the CG and took out the unecessary pieces from it... (I'm also cannot stop making mods on my cars )....
Old 02-21-2007, 09:39 AM
Tech Master

there are caps on top of the steering posts, and spacers on the gearboxes, otherwise, there would be a big void, other than that, cause it uses a special to chassis motor mount and layshaft it works quite neat.

I know I didn't look twice at most conversions as they kept the spur gear cover and the plastic front and rear gearbox braces, which kinda wholly defeats the object of it.

The only thing I would like to do to my car, is work out where the weight is, and remove it!!
Old 02-21-2007, 10:45 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by DA_cookie_monst
there are caps on top of the steering posts, and spacers on the gearboxes, otherwise, there would be a big void, other than that, cause it uses a special to chassis motor mount and layshaft it works quite neat.

I know I didn't look twice at most conversions as they kept the spur gear cover and the plastic front and rear gearbox braces, which kinda wholly defeats the object of it.

The only thing I would like to do to my car, is work out where the weight is, and remove it!!
yes, that's what I'm trying to accomplish too, but keeping the good looks as well.... will post some pictures tomorrow...

al
Old 02-21-2007, 11:34 AM
Tech Addict

some pictures of what I'm trying to accomplish:

on the left side you can see two spacers and the carbon piece that holds the spur in place, that are the pieces that I want to get rid of, by carefully dremelling the stiffners and putting the topdeck under them (right side).

in the following two pictures, either for the tub and the carbon fibre chassis the problem is the same, the servo turnbuckle will rub with the topdeck (right now it is not rubbing, but it will if I do the mod without any change on the steering system):

and on the tub chassis:

If someone have done the mod of moving the steering pieces from left to right... just let me know, please. Thanks.

cheers,
al
Old 02-21-2007, 11:58 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tamiyarcracer
Strong but medium weight - medium to fast wear
There are2 Titanium axles one for the reversible Lightweight suspension, (53718) and one for the standard TA04 / TB02 / TA05 suspension (53681)

Super lightweight & soft
There is the aluminum axle from the TRF415MSX Reinhard edition (53939)

Super strong, good wear, & heavy
To really confuse everyone there are the stock steel axles for the standard TA04 / TB02 / TA05 suspension (53499) & the steel axles for the reversible lightweight suspension (51094)

That is your lesson for today, class!
Thanks for the lesson! i'll just keep whatever I have
Old 02-21-2007, 12:05 PM
Tech Master

the front deck on the 3racing is a little higher than the motor mount, to clear for the steering turnbuckle, but I can see what you mean, more spacers than you can shake a stick at.
Old 02-22-2007, 10:15 PM
Tech Regular

Looks like they put an MSRP up on the website for the TA-05R. Suggested MSRP $399.00.
Looking at what the other MSRP's are for the other cars and the street prices, I would think its gonna sell for around $275.
Still waiting for release date.
Old 02-22-2007, 10:19 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by wcalaker
Looks like they put an MSRP up on the website for the TA-05R. Suggested MSRP $399.00.
Looking at what the other MSRP's are for the other cars and the street prices, I would think its gonna sell for around $275.
Still waiting for release date.
March 22nd is the Japanese release.
Old 02-23-2007, 08:34 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tamiyarcracer
March 22nd is the Japanese release.
thats after my birthday!
Old 02-23-2007, 03:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I have sold m 05 and will be getting back to get the r from:
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXRLB6&P=7

you'll even get a $30 bucks off if you purchase $199++

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.