Tech Elite

or maybe your diffs are too tight?
Old 05-07-2006, 08:01 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RocketRacer
i am having a problem with my TA05.

the car is box stock.

1 degree of negative camber front and back.
1 degree of toe out in front.

nitro shoes foam tyres 35 front and rear.

the problem is that the car just doesn't turn in enough and i get severe understeer. almost every turn requires me to back off the throttle to get the car to turn in.

what should i look at to resolve this?
What Toe in are you running in the rear. You may want reduce it by 1/2 to a full degree.
Old 05-07-2006, 09:56 PM
Tech Regular

the suspension is stock.

rear toe-in is standard which is 2degrees on th TA05.

i will try all the suggestions that you guys made over this coming weekend.

thanks.
Old 05-07-2006, 11:33 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by RocketRacer
i am having a problem with my TA05.

the car is box stock.

1 degree of negative camber front and back.
1 degree of toe out in front.

nitro shoes foam tyres 35 front and rear.

the problem is that the car just doesn't turn in enough and i get severe understeer. almost every turn requires me to back off the throttle to get the car to turn in.

what should i look at to resolve this?
Understeer to both direction ?
Old 05-07-2006, 11:37 PM
Tech Rookie

Default necessary replacements for my ta05

hi i have a ta05
this is my story

over the weekend 5/6 i put a 19t motor and chewed up my differential outdrives, I had universals on the the front and back, btw they were 46mm off an evo3 not the 48mm prescribed. so i'm replacing all of the above.

I replaced the black servo saver because it was binding. i dremel sanded the black plastic spring; no work. i the put the pieces together without the spring; still bindy. so I just replaced the whole thing. so i replace it with a white servo saver with the brass springs. I noticed it first when i took a fast hard turn and it's 'straightness' wasn't so straight anymore. the black servo saver didn't spring back to center.

i put in carbon damper towers. did you know that after putting in the rear mount you have to put wider holes on the lexan body? kinda sucked.

I found out that puting a piece of masking tape to cover the center gear keeps rocks away. covering the bottom holes doesn't do anything there's no vacuum effect. is there a tamiya cover on the way?

stabilizers from a tb02 front and back; they don't fit. i tried (front & back) it don't fit. you can make it fit, but then what are you going to use on your tb02? i retract my previous post.

i noticed that most if not all of the screws on the ta05 are machine screws; even when screwing on plastic to plastic. i've had less chewed threads on this model...

Why does R/C Tech Forums have the longest thread(s) on the Internet? Why don't they categorize it into manufacturers, then to models?

Why is this thread #4000-something? this is really ghetto.
Old 05-07-2006, 11:52 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by akuhon
Understeer to both direction ?
yes in both direction.

if i add a set of universal joints for the front would that help??
Old 05-08-2006, 09:26 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Cesar Ramos
hi i have a ta05
this is my story

over the weekend 5/6 i put a 19t motor and chewed up my differential outdrives, I had universals on the the front and back, btw they were 46mm off an evo3 not the 48mm prescribed. so i'm replacing all of the above.

I replaced the black servo saver because it was binding. i dremel sanded the black plastic spring; no work. i the put the pieces together without the spring; still bindy. so I just replaced the whole thing. so i replace it with a white servo saver with the brass springs. I noticed it first when i took a fast hard turn and it's 'straightness' wasn't so straight anymore. the black servo saver didn't spring back to center.

i put in carbon damper towers. did you know that after putting in the rear mount you have to put wider holes on the lexan body? kinda sucked.

I found out that puting a piece of masking tape to cover the center gear keeps rocks away. covering the bottom holes doesn't do anything there's no vacuum effect. is there a tamiya cover on the way?

stabilizers from a tb02 front and back; they don't fit. i tried (front & back) it don't fit. you can make it fit, but then what are you going to use on your tb02? i retract my previous post.

i noticed that most if not all of the screws on the ta05 are machine screws; even when screwing on plastic to plastic. i've had less chewed threads on this model...

Why does R/C Tech Forums have the longest thread(s) on the Internet? Why don't they categorize it into manufacturers, then to models?

Why is this thread #4000-something? this is really ghetto.
...and your point / question is?
Old 05-08-2006, 12:08 PM
Tech Addict

Hi RocketRacer,

No using universals will do nothing to sort out this problem, universals just function better than dogbones when the front wheels are turned and the power is on.You may notice some chatter coming from the front dogbones, if you put your car on a stand and turn the wheels to one side while applying full throttle. Universals often sort that out.
Old 05-08-2006, 01:38 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Skitee
Hi RocketRacer,

No using universals will do nothing to sort out this problem, universals just function better than dogbones when the front wheels are turned and the power is on.You may notice some chatter coming from the front dogbones, if you put your car on a stand and turn the wheels to one side while applying full throttle. Universals often sort that out.
i thought so, i put in extra red urethane bushings to cut down the "looseness" of the stock dogbones. i got a set of tuned springs today, i will be trying varoius combinations and suspension settings to resolve this issue. the severe understeer slowed me down alot in the stock class over the weekend. but i still managed a 2nd place in the final.

my TB Evolution IV still shone like a champ in mods though. and all i had in it was a Tamiya Dyna Run 13x2 motor with a LRP 3600 pack and managed to to TQ and win the final!!!
Old 05-08-2006, 02:12 PM
Tech Rookie

Smile

Hi,

I also had a problem of understeering, I found this was due to the standard servo saver. I replaced it with a Kimbro medium Touring car version and now its superb!

Saz
Old 05-08-2006, 05:00 PM
Tech Regular

Hey guys,

I just got a TA05 and was wondering what I should get for starters?
Old 05-08-2006, 08:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Tamiya Alum shocks/ low friction dampers get the adjustable ones and save you years of shimming....

Universals are good (mainly front) as well as 1-ways. You can be very competitive with little to no hopups.

Jeff
Old 05-08-2006, 09:11 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Redwings
Hey guys,

I just got a TA05 and was wondering what I should get for starters?
Titanium Screw Set.
Old 05-09-2006, 03:40 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Sazzle
Hi,

I also had a problem of understeering, I found this was due to the standard servo saver. I replaced it with a Kimbro medium Touring car version and now its superb!

Saz
i did replace the standard servo saver with a tamiya High torque servo saver. still no joy. i am going to try a more powerful servo too.
Old 05-09-2006, 08:24 AM
Tech Regular

Thanks for the input. I have TRF shocks already which were won a a TCS Race and will be taken off my TT01 for sure. Next question, what types of set ups are you all running?

Thanks

Paul

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.