R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree2Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-07-2006, 08:35 PM   #4051
Tech Elite
 
dodo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: the archipelago
Posts: 3,095
Send a message via Yahoo to dodo
Default

or maybe your diffs are too tight?
dodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 09:01 PM   #4052
Tech Addict
 
Tsquare's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: San Diego
Posts: 618
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketRacer
i am having a problem with my TA05.

the car is box stock.

1 degree of negative camber front and back.
1 degree of toe out in front.

nitro shoes foam tyres 35 front and rear.

the problem is that the car just doesn't turn in enough and i get severe understeer. almost every turn requires me to back off the throttle to get the car to turn in.

what should i look at to resolve this?
What Toe in are you running in the rear. You may want reduce it by 1/2 to a full degree.
Tsquare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 10:56 PM   #4053
Tech Regular
 
RocketRacer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Durban South Africa
Posts: 337
Default

the suspension is stock.

rear toe-in is standard which is 2degrees on th TA05.

i will try all the suggestions that you guys made over this coming weekend.

thanks.
__________________
RocketRacer
XRay T2'008/Nosram ISTC/Nosram 13.5T Spec

Futaba 3PKS with FASST

>>>Knowledge is Power<<<
RocketRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 12:33 AM   #4054
Tech Master
 
akuhon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 1,155
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketRacer
i am having a problem with my TA05.

the car is box stock.

1 degree of negative camber front and back.
1 degree of toe out in front.

nitro shoes foam tyres 35 front and rear.

the problem is that the car just doesn't turn in enough and i get severe understeer. almost every turn requires me to back off the throttle to get the car to turn in.

what should i look at to resolve this?
Understeer to both direction ?
akuhon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 12:37 AM   #4055
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: 98012
Posts: 5
Send a message via MSN to Cesar Ramos
Default necessary replacements for my ta05

hi i have a ta05
this is my story

over the weekend 5/6 i put a 19t motor and chewed up my differential outdrives, I had universals on the the front and back, btw they were 46mm off an evo3 not the 48mm prescribed. so i'm replacing all of the above.

I replaced the black servo saver because it was binding. i dremel sanded the black plastic spring; no work. i the put the pieces together without the spring; still bindy. so I just replaced the whole thing. so i replace it with a white servo saver with the brass springs. I noticed it first when i took a fast hard turn and it's 'straightness' wasn't so straight anymore. the black servo saver didn't spring back to center.

i put in carbon damper towers. did you know that after putting in the rear mount you have to put wider holes on the lexan body? kinda sucked.

I found out that puting a piece of masking tape to cover the center gear keeps rocks away. covering the bottom holes doesn't do anything there's no vacuum effect. is there a tamiya cover on the way?

stabilizers from a tb02 front and back; they don't fit. i tried (front & back) it don't fit. you can make it fit, but then what are you going to use on your tb02? i retract my previous post.

i noticed that most if not all of the screws on the ta05 are machine screws; even when screwing on plastic to plastic. i've had less chewed threads on this model...

Why does R/C Tech Forums have the longest thread(s) on the Internet? Why don't they categorize it into manufacturers, then to models?

Why is this thread #4000-something? this is really ghetto.
Cesar Ramos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 12:52 AM   #4056
Tech Regular
 
RocketRacer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Durban South Africa
Posts: 337
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by akuhon
Understeer to both direction ?
yes in both direction.

if i add a set of universal joints for the front would that help??
__________________
RocketRacer
XRay T2'008/Nosram ISTC/Nosram 13.5T Spec

Futaba 3PKS with FASST

>>>Knowledge is Power<<<
RocketRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 10:26 AM   #4057
Tech Addict
 
Tsquare's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: San Diego
Posts: 618
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cesar Ramos
hi i have a ta05
this is my story

over the weekend 5/6 i put a 19t motor and chewed up my differential outdrives, I had universals on the the front and back, btw they were 46mm off an evo3 not the 48mm prescribed. so i'm replacing all of the above.

I replaced the black servo saver because it was binding. i dremel sanded the black plastic spring; no work. i the put the pieces together without the spring; still bindy. so I just replaced the whole thing. so i replace it with a white servo saver with the brass springs. I noticed it first when i took a fast hard turn and it's 'straightness' wasn't so straight anymore. the black servo saver didn't spring back to center.

i put in carbon damper towers. did you know that after putting in the rear mount you have to put wider holes on the lexan body? kinda sucked.

I found out that puting a piece of masking tape to cover the center gear keeps rocks away. covering the bottom holes doesn't do anything there's no vacuum effect. is there a tamiya cover on the way?

stabilizers from a tb02 front and back; they don't fit. i tried (front & back) it don't fit. you can make it fit, but then what are you going to use on your tb02? i retract my previous post.

i noticed that most if not all of the screws on the ta05 are machine screws; even when screwing on plastic to plastic. i've had less chewed threads on this model...

Why does R/C Tech Forums have the longest thread(s) on the Internet? Why don't they categorize it into manufacturers, then to models?

Why is this thread #4000-something? this is really ghetto.
...and your point / question is?
Tsquare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 01:08 PM   #4058
Tech Addict
 
Skitee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Johannesburg, South Africa
Posts: 745
Default

Hi RocketRacer,

No using universals will do nothing to sort out this problem, universals just function better than dogbones when the front wheels are turned and the power is on.You may notice some chatter coming from the front dogbones, if you put your car on a stand and turn the wheels to one side while applying full throttle. Universals often sort that out.
__________________
Xray T4 2018 ~ HobbyWing Xerun XR10 Pro ~ Motiv RC 4.5
Xray X12 2018 ~ ORCA Vritra VX3 1S ~ Speedzone 4.5

POWERED BY SPEEDZONE USA
Skitee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 02:38 PM   #4059
Tech Regular
 
RocketRacer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Durban South Africa
Posts: 337
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skitee
Hi RocketRacer,

No using universals will do nothing to sort out this problem, universals just function better than dogbones when the front wheels are turned and the power is on.You may notice some chatter coming from the front dogbones, if you put your car on a stand and turn the wheels to one side while applying full throttle. Universals often sort that out.
i thought so, i put in extra red urethane bushings to cut down the "looseness" of the stock dogbones. i got a set of tuned springs today, i will be trying varoius combinations and suspension settings to resolve this issue. the severe understeer slowed me down alot in the stock class over the weekend. but i still managed a 2nd place in the final.

my TB Evolution IV still shone like a champ in mods though. and all i had in it was a Tamiya Dyna Run 13x2 motor with a LRP 3600 pack and managed to to TQ and win the final!!!
__________________
RocketRacer
XRay T2'008/Nosram ISTC/Nosram 13.5T Spec

Futaba 3PKS with FASST

>>>Knowledge is Power<<<
RocketRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 03:12 PM   #4060
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Bristol
Posts: 7
Smile

Hi,

I also had a problem of understeering, I found this was due to the standard servo saver. I replaced it with a Kimbro medium Touring car version and now its superb!

Saz
Sazzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 06:00 PM   #4061
Tech Regular
 
Redwings's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Toronto Ontario Canada
Posts: 302
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Hey guys,

I just got a TA05 and was wondering what I should get for starters?
Redwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 09:11 PM   #4062
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Outside of Crook County Illinois
Posts: 1,949
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to A-Ko
Default

Tamiya Alum shocks/ low friction dampers get the adjustable ones and save you years of shimming....

Universals are good (mainly front) as well as 1-ways. You can be very competitive with little to no hopups.

Jeff
__________________
Jeffrey
teamgravityrc.com - motivrc.com
USVTA National Points Member #101
A-Ko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 10:11 PM   #4063
Tech Addict
 
Tsquare's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: San Diego
Posts: 618
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redwings
Hey guys,

I just got a TA05 and was wondering what I should get for starters?
Titanium Screw Set.
Tsquare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 04:40 AM   #4064
Tech Regular
 
RocketRacer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Durban South Africa
Posts: 337
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazzle
Hi,

I also had a problem of understeering, I found this was due to the standard servo saver. I replaced it with a Kimbro medium Touring car version and now its superb!

Saz
i did replace the standard servo saver with a tamiya High torque servo saver. still no joy. i am going to try a more powerful servo too.
__________________
RocketRacer
XRay T2'008/Nosram ISTC/Nosram 13.5T Spec

Futaba 3PKS with FASST

>>>Knowledge is Power<<<
RocketRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 09:24 AM   #4065
Tech Regular
 
Redwings's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Toronto Ontario Canada
Posts: 302
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Thanks for the input. I have TRF shocks already which were won a a TCS Race and will be taken off my TT01 for sure. Next question, what types of set ups are you all running?

Thanks

Paul
Redwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FS: Tamiya TA05-R (TA05) TCS Legal limbohz R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 5 06-05-2008 08:58 PM
New Tamiya TA05 R touring car/motor/esc! Frost99999 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 3 08-07-2007 12:24 PM
FWD touring car/sedan hellbilly R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 6 01-12-2007 06:22 PM
Tamiya TA05 full race sedan, Tons of Hop Ups lbckevin R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 13 08-29-2006 03:05 PM
want to buy a touring/sedan car traxxasracer Minnesota and North/South Dakota Racing 7 09-21-2004 06:36 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 10:53 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net