Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree68Likes

Tamiya TA05 Touring Sedan

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2006, 10:10 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 108 (100%+)

I would think the new stiff chassis (the Tamiya one) and the Tech upper deck would be the hot ticket for carpet...at least with foams. If I were running rubber I would go with the either the stock or new chassis (TAMIYA CARBON TUB VERSION) and no upper deck.
Old 01-22-2006, 10:12 AM
Tech Addict

I had a pair installed on the front. It seems to work fine, just had to remove the red foam spacers. Haven't tried it on the rears though.

Part# used: 53871

Originally Posted by cheehtae
will a 48mm swing shaft fit on a regular non light weight suspension?
Old 01-22-2006, 10:27 AM
Tech Fanatic

I was at Steve's yesterday and saw the XR-05 he is working on in his case. As far as the way it looks you would never guess it was not Tamiya's flagship. Although i would be getting the car for TCS so i can put all the really cool stuff on it!
Old 01-22-2006, 12:58 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by jas
Hello,

Anyone has a list of the part numbers of the usual spare parts (arms, hubs, etc) that one should stock up for the TA05? I've read that the TA05 shares some suspension parts with other Tamiya touring cars, but really don't know exactly which ones are also for the TA05. Btw, I'm not looking for the upgrade parts like the Lightweight susp. kit, just the normal usual replacement parts. Thanks in advance!
Can use the same lightweight suspension as the TB-02 and TA-04 i think. There is a set on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/TAMIYA-1-10-R-C-...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 01-22-2006, 03:26 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ZacMan777
I'm new to the hobby. My TA05 runs well for me, but I have a continual problem with turn buckles falling off. If I just bump the burm or another car, I'm often down.

I've tried low friction, titatium, replacing all again and again. But nothing has worked. Does anyone have any tips for making my turn buckles more resiliant to my lower driving skills?
ZacMan777 I've had the same problem - in one case I even knocked a steering turnbuckle set off completely and had to look for it on the track. Is there an aftermarket tie rod end that has a tighter fit or perhaps another brand?
Old 01-22-2006, 06:30 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Teehomo
ZacMan777 I've had the same problem - in one case I even knocked a steering turnbuckle set off completely and had to look for it on the track. Is there an aftermarket tie rod end that has a tighter fit or perhaps another brand?
you can try to change the ball cup to the open ones like the ones for the shocks. And change the ball end to the other type where you can screw it from the top, use countersunk screw, this will prevent it from coming off.
sorry i can't explain it properly, hope you can understand...

well... pictures worth thousand words.....
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya TA05 Touring Sedan-.jpg  
Old 01-22-2006, 08:23 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Thanks Dodo, I get the idea and will give it a go. I also appreciate the effort you put into your reply.

Cheers,
Thommo
Old 01-22-2006, 10:30 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Teehomo
Hi guys,

When you guys say "turnbuckle falling off" I'm assuming they are popping off the ball studs? If so, you might want to look into replacing the kit black nylon ball cups with the low friction ones. The materials are different, and the low friction ones are stiffer than the stock nylon black ones as well. Also, while replacing the ball ends, you might want to look into the FL coated ball studs. The stock ones are steel I believe, and for about $6 you can save a lot of weight, gain even smoother suspension movement with the FL coated ball studs. Personally, I only popped off the turnbuckle on the steering a couple of times, and one of them is when I slammed full speed into the driverstand at Tamiya (it was one of them layout with a chicane right before you get on the straight . And yes, it was one of those that was felt by everyone on the driverstand )

Steve Wang
Old 01-22-2006, 10:55 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by SpeedTech
Hi guys,

When you guys say "turnbuckle falling off" I'm assuming they are popping off the ball studs? If so, you might want to look into replacing the kit black nylon ball cups with the low friction ones. The materials are different, and the low friction ones are stiffer than the stock nylon black ones as well. Also, while replacing the ball ends, you might want to look into the FL coated ball studs. The stock ones are steel I believe, and for about $6 you can save a lot of weight, gain even smoother suspension movement with the FL coated ball studs. Personally, I only popped off the turnbuckle on the steering a couple of times, and one of them is when I slammed full speed into the driverstand at Tamiya (it was one of them layout with a chicane right before you get on the straight . And yes, it was one of those that was felt by everyone on the driverstand )

Steve Wang
yea, i think i've popped it also maybe once or twice but not so often and barely a problem for me.
the trick i posted was from last time when i used a kyosho tf-2 and it popped out most of the time so i just had to do that.
Old 01-22-2006, 11:42 PM
Tech Master

Hi guys,

Steve Wang
steve: are you the guy who finished 3rd at the F-1 at the recently concluded TCS Finals
Old 01-23-2006, 05:12 AM
Tech Elite

anyone can tell me how to remove the small clip that secures the center pulley assembly?
Old 01-23-2006, 08:15 AM
Tech Apprentice

hammer well i used two small screw drivers at each end of the clip and the clip pops off, but careful becasue if you flick the clip off and you cant find after it will be a real b*****d to find it on the floor

ash
Old 01-23-2006, 08:23 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ashrc18TA05
hammer well i used two small screw drivers at each end of the clip and the clip pops off, but careful becasue if you flick the clip off and you cant find after it will be a real b*****d to find it on the floor

ash
well... i succeeded for the first try, but failed on the second try, now i have to use small c-clip on one side, it clears the slot on the engine mount nicely.
Old 01-23-2006, 09:26 AM
Tech Apprentice

because when i did mine the clip came off but flung off onto the carpet i never found the blimin thing
Old 01-23-2006, 09:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Hi guys,

Steve Wang
I wish there was a video of that!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.