Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree68Likes

Tamiya TA05 Touring Sedan

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2005, 06:31 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

blue housing end to end is 16.9mm NOT counting the part the bearing sit on. 26.25mm counting the part the bearing sit on
Old 11-06-2005, 06:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dway100
blue housing end to end is 16.9mm NOT counting the part the bearing sit on. 26.25mm counting the part the bearing sit on
Thanks for the fast response!
Old 11-07-2005, 06:35 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

need help or advice>>>>>

I'm having some issues coming out of a turn , its pushing hard, will a stabilizer set work if so what color?
Old 11-07-2005, 06:42 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I just tried my TA05 on inch-up rims, hard inserts on carpet, used rollbars to, and it was AWESOME. Without the roll-bars, the car was a bit wishy washy.
Old 11-07-2005, 07:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Just finished racing my 05 at the first leg of our West Canadian Indoor Champ Series. Ultra impressed with the car. I did find a few problems. The car handled superb, and was actually puting down times exactly the same as a fk05. Now, if we had any kind of tech at the race, i think the 05 would have pulled ahead, as my 05 was carrying ALOT more weight that the FK. It was setup for stock, 28mm jacos on ozite carpet, PF G6 body. I also included 2 fans for the motor, and the motor ran strong from the start to finish. Heres the setup -

Front
Jaco Double Pink/Orange
Ball Diff, Loose but no slip
Spring - Old black springs from a onroad nitro car (just run something HARD!)
Blue sway bar
Ride height - 4.5mm
Droop - 1mm
Camber - 1.5
Camber Link - 5mm spacer
Toe - 0
Centre - Oneway
Belt - Loose but no slip (cant remember hole!)

Rear
Jaco Double Pink
Ball Diff, Loose but no slip
Spring - Tamiya Red (Softer handled better)
No sway bar
Ride Height - 4.5mm
Droop - 1.5 - 2mm
Camber - 1.5
Toe - set to 2
Camber Link - Inside no spacers - Outside 1mm spacer
Rear uprights - Alloy - Middle Hole

Missed TQ by .02 of a second, and that wasnt a clean run. The car was perfect. Carried tremendous corner speed, was VERY stable under brakes, and through the sweepers. Also very good on change of direction. I got hacked on the first corner and realised straight away something was wrong. front toe was way out, and it only got worse. The left hand servo mount had broken. I was running a metal gear servo, metal servo horn, and no saver. Ill be on the look out for a alloy servo mount for the 05. Apart from this tiny peice, the car was FAST. Not bad for a plastic 05 against a top of the line FK05!

I didnt change anything from this setup except the front camber link height. I started at around 6mm, and dropped to 5mm for a little more steering. Also just re-adjusted ride height and droop after every second run, to allow for changes in tyre diametre.
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya TA05 Touring Sedan-dsc01980.jpg   Tamiya TA05 Touring Sedan-dsc01981.jpg   Tamiya TA05 Touring Sedan-dsc01993.jpg  
Old 11-07-2005, 08:58 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quick question...

If I'm replacing the standard hex hubs on the car with allum. clamping versions. What thickness should I look for to get the same size as the kit plastic versions.

When I measure the kit versions on the calipers, they're about 5mm. But the Tamiya allum. hubs I've seen go straight from 4mm to 6mm. So whats up with that?

I don't want the car to be too wide, but I also don't want too much of the axle sticking out. So which should I go with?
Old 11-07-2005, 09:03 AM
zax
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Darkseid
Quick question...

If I'm replacing the standard hex hubs on the car with allum. clamping versions. What thickness should I look for to get the same size as the kit plastic versions.

When I measure the kit versions on the calipers, they're about 5mm. But the Tamiya allum. hubs I've seen go straight from 4mm to 6mm. So whats up with that?

I don't want the car to be too wide, but I also don't want too much of the axle sticking out. So which should I go with?
use the 1 XD, 1 XC, 1 XB, 1XA blocks...those block are smaller and use the 6mm clamping with 1.5 mm wheel spacer so that u will not see the axle stick out..
Old 11-07-2005, 11:13 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Item 53823 - 5mm Clamp Type Aluminum Wheel Hub

These will fit your needs.. I bought the 4mm myself, but needed the 6mm (just got those cheap cast-aluminum ones) to get 28mm foams to fit the standard suspension.. 1.5mm of spacers on each tire seemed to bring it to the end of each axle, and I shaved a little off the inside of the wheel to make some more clearance.

But now, I'm trying the Evo IV kingpins as per a suggestion..

Quick question...

Old 11-07-2005, 12:36 PM
Tech Regular

Quick question...

If you're using the std suspension, don't go beyond the 5mm size as it might hit the wheel well of your body.

If you want the alu clamp, you can also go with the 4mm and get some of those 0.5 and 1 mm spacers.

I have mine with the std arms using the 4mm clamp and .5mm spacer. Works perfectly.
Old 11-07-2005, 12:46 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Thanks guys. Yeah I'm using the standard arms. My main reason for going to the clamping is because I hate how easily the plastic hexes come off and the axle pins fall out. Lost one at the track last time out.
Old 11-07-2005, 01:02 PM
Tech Regular

Default ANOTHER WIN!!

Hey,

We had our very first indoor race on ozite. The carpet had tons of traction. My friend and I were running our 05 in stock. He was able to get TQ postion while I took the second spot with only 1 second seperating us. We were 1 lap ahead of the rest of the pack, and were threatening to put 1 more lap down on the rest of the field. The 05 perfromed well again vs the hi-end cars. I ended up winning the race and my friend took 3rd spot. I was 2 laps ahead of the TQ and 1 lap ahead of 2nd place during the mains. We would've taken a 1-2 finish if it was'nt for him traction rolling.

We did 2 minor changes to the setup we previously had, changes to the roll center and swaybar but we kept the shock springs at yellow. The only difference we had was that he was running a slightly higher roll center than what I had, just for us to test out the difference. The rest of it was stock.

Next we would need to try out 19t on rubber.
Old 11-07-2005, 02:57 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by cheehtae
need help or advice>>>>>

I'm having some issues coming out of a turn , its pushing hard, will a stabilizer set work if so what color?
Can you provide more information on this? like what track are you running on, rubber or foam tires and motor you using, and if you can, your current setup on the car.
Old 11-07-2005, 04:28 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 108 (100%+)

Yellow springs? Is this with rubber or foams?
Originally Posted by rcspeedo
Hey,

We had our very first indoor race on ozite. The carpet had tons of traction. My friend and I were running our 05 in stock. He was able to get TQ postion while I took the second spot with only 1 second seperating us. We were 1 lap ahead of the rest of the pack, and were threatening to put 1 more lap down on the rest of the field. The 05 perfromed well again vs the hi-end cars. I ended up winning the race and my friend took 3rd spot. I was 2 laps ahead of the TQ and 1 lap ahead of 2nd place during the mains. We would've taken a 1-2 finish if it was'nt for him traction rolling.

We did 2 minor changes to the setup we previously had, changes to the roll center and swaybar but we kept the shock springs at yellow. The only difference we had was that he was running a slightly higher roll center than what I had, just for us to test out the difference. The rest of it was stock.

Old 11-07-2005, 04:43 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by rcspeedo
Hey,

you forgot to add that you two also have the fastest motor out there!
Old 11-07-2005, 06:30 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by CIVIC91
Yellow springs? Is this with rubber or foams?
I was the other TA-05 with RCSPEEDO out there this weekend.
We were on rubber tire and 2 different types as well as diff compounds I might add.

Our race setup might sound a little odd to some of you but we test and compare our lap times with each other as well as closely look at each other's cars to see how the setup is performing.
The yellow springs all around helps with not relying on the tires only for traction while keeping the car's trancision quick thru the corners. Both fast and slow corners.
The hard blue swaybars and the high roll center keeps the car flat thru the corners allowing the suspension to do it's job.
We also lessened the droop to approx. 1mm front, 1.5mm rear.
This allows the car to corner tighter while maintaining a higher corner speed.

This car has great balance and is all about corners. Try to start rolling the throttle on thru the corners earlier while holding your tight lines. The car can hold it and reward you with faster lap times.

Next week we test with 19T rubber. We'll keep you posted...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.