Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree68Likes

Tamiya TA05 Touring Sedan

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2005, 06:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Exclamation To buy or not to buy? That is the Question!!

Originally Posted by fire929
Maybe so but I am looking for an intelligent reposnse to see if I should buy the new chassis.

Well, if Tamiya (Japan) stops R and D ing the car and release it to the general public maybe here in the USA we can get around to doing some testing of our own and find out if it is truly the best GT2 chassis.
Seriously, they've been so secretive, then hyping the chassis so much, this better be all that they say it is!! Then again, what a great way to generate interest in a product before it is released. Boy, this sounds familiar!!!
Old 06-28-2005, 06:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Juan Aveytia
If anyone thinks the tao4 is obsolete thier in for a rude awakeing. Yes, the tao5 looks like it should be a better car with all the adjustments on it. But, that's what everyone said about the tbo2. And besides all the chassis for gt2 are just as capable of winning. Remember were racing with mabuchi motors, there's no power. Any car will feel great with that motor. Good Luck to everyone at the Nat's.
Juan... that is by far the longest post I read from you! And I totally agree!!! Now, how about that 1 day TAOB pass we were talking about.. hmmm...
Old 06-28-2005, 07:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Wink

[QUOTE=Juan Aveytia]
Maybe so but I am looking for an intelligent reposnse to see if I should buy the new chassis.

If anyone thinks the tao4 is obsolete thier in for a rude awakeing. Yes, the tao5 looks like it should be a better car with all the adjustments on it. But, that's what everyone said about the tbo2. And besides all the chassis for gt2 are just as capable of winning. Remember were racing with mabuchi motors, there's no power. Any car will feel great with that motor. Good Luck to everyone at the Nat's.
Old 06-28-2005, 07:08 PM
Tech Master

Well about 2 months and time will tell.
about a month and people will have many opinions.
Old 06-28-2005, 07:40 PM
Tech Master

Talking

Originally Posted by eeyan
Juan... that is by far the longest post I read from you! And I totally agree!!! Now, how about that 1 day TAOB pass we were talking about.. hmmm...

That would be cool, but I don't think some of the TAOB team members would be to excited about that. ( Especially you know who?)
Old 06-29-2005, 01:07 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

That would be cool, but I don't think some of the TAOB team members would be to excited about that. ( Especially you know who?)
yah.. jasper won't like that too much.
btw.. juan.. madjack is in front of you for TAOB membership....

now im curious..where is mr. katzer?
Old 06-29-2005, 01:09 AM
Tech Lord

why is everyone treating the TT-01 like its the red headed stepchild?

GT2 Chassis:
- TA-04
- TB-02
- TL-01
- TT-01

of course.. the baby of the family.. the TA05.
Old 06-29-2005, 05:25 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default Thank you

Originally Posted by Entropy
The only reason why TA05 will beat TA04 is because those good TA04 drivers will most likely jump over to the TA05 because its new.

Either way, getting a TA05 will surely be a sound investment as the TA series has shown its longevity compared to Tamiya's TB EVO and TRF series of cars. You can be sure you wont be forced to upgrade to a TA06 so soon.
Thanx
Old 06-29-2005, 08:15 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hopping Tamiya will have chassis only kit since I don't need the toy reciever and toy ESC. Or maybe... TA05R chassis kit right away since those plastic damper is no way to work in competition racing.
Old 06-29-2005, 11:43 AM
Tech Addict

Sorry, but ah, whats up with the GT2? is that only for tamiya chassis car racing?
Old 06-29-2005, 01:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hebiki
why is everyone treating the TT-01 like its the red headed stepchild?
you mean it is not....? im
Old 06-30-2005, 12:28 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Talking Upgrade Leaflets

A couple of interesting leaflets on the TA-05 upgrades and such. Not that I read Japanese, but it gives you a pretty good idea of what things will look like.

I wonder when the 105T Spur comes out, as the 70T seems rather limiting with a selection of a whole 5 pinions. I guess I'm saving my pinions for a little while longer...

http://www.tamiya.com/japan/products.../leaflet_1.pdf
http://www.tamiya.com/japan/products.../leaflet_2.pdf

I guess it also definitely answers my previous suspension block question.

Titanium Coated Damper Shafts?? Do they usually break under racing conditions?

Does anyone know what they're saying on the of the second leaflet after the gearing charts? I'm guessing it's about the GT classes of the Tamiya Championships...
Old 06-30-2005, 12:42 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Jam-ehz
A couple of interesting leaflets on the TA-05 upgrades and such. Not that I read Japanese, but it gives you a pretty good idea of what things will look like.

I wonder when the 105T Spur comes out, as the 70T seems rather limiting with a selection of a whole 5 pinions. I guess I'm saving my pinions for a little while longer...

http://www.tamiya.com/japan/products.../leaflet_1.pdf
http://www.tamiya.com/japan/products.../leaflet_2.pdf

I guess it also definitely answers my previous suspension block question.

Titanium Coated Damper Shafts?? Do they usually break under racing conditions?

Does anyone know what they're saying on the of the second leaflet after the gearing charts? I'm guessing it's about the GT classes of the Tamiya Championships...

internal ratio of 2.25
Old 06-30-2005, 01:11 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I wonder how much you could gear up compared to a TB-02 or TA04... I know the 04 can gear up better than the 02, but is it because of weight, or drivetrain?
Old 06-30-2005, 01:30 PM
Tech Addict

The ball bearings that come with the TA05? Are they good? I was thinking, maybe I should get some ceramic ones for it but, I wasnt sure if the bearings that come with the TA05 are cheap or not.. thanks.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.