Team CRC Xti 1/12th Scale!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree221Likes

Team CRC Xti 1/12th Scale!!

Hide Wikipost
Old 03-02-2021, 05:42 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team CRC Xti 1/12th Scale!!
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: tobamiester

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2013, 07:04 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

On our tight track I prefer the short wheelbase GenX with the genXL pod and drilled for the longer links but that's a 48x60 all 180 corners
Old 02-06-2013, 08:44 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by jdeadman
On our tight track I prefer the short wheelbase GenX with the genXL pod and drilled for the longer links but that's a 48x60 all 180 corners
That's about what I will be running my Xti on. I'm having a hard time finding a good starting point as far as rollout. I found 100mm and with my tires and an 80t sput that would be a 38ish pinion. Is this mod gearing? I'm new to brushless 1/12th but I can't imagine a 17.5 on 1S being able to pull that tall a gear. Or can it? What's a good rollout range for 17.5 on a tight track? TIA.

Sean
Old 02-06-2013, 09:49 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

My track isn't tight but has a lot of 180s and chicanes, 100 x 40. My roll out with a reedy 17.5 is 103 - 106.

Originally Posted by Radi0Flyer
That's about what I will be running my Xti on. I'm having a hard time finding a good starting point as far as rollout. I found 100mm and with my tires and an 80t sput that would be a 38ish pinion. Is this mod gearing? I'm new to brushless 1/12th but I can't imagine a 17.5 on 1S being able to pull that tall a gear. Or can it? What's a good rollout range for 17.5 on a tight track? TIA.

Sean
Old 02-06-2013, 10:11 AM
Tech Master

on ours i'm at 91mm I start my tires no bigger than 45mm (susally around 44.5) and fronts 1 mm smaller with rounded outer rim of the foam to stop the foam from tearing off the rim.

Also since it's so tight and all of the high wear corners are when I'm turning right and the slow ones are generally left. I swap tires side to side in between each race. That way they will not be too lopsided by mains time
Old 02-06-2013, 10:23 AM
Tech Master

With gearing a 1/12th you will not be able to tell by the heat of the motor as I have never been able to get it up over 120F with any gearing (using blinky) If you are using boost then that's a different story.

What I do for any new track is gear on the tall side by a few mm (of what I think is should be ) and run some laps.

pay attention to how fast you are going on the straight. how hard you can accelerate out of a tight corner and if you feel that you are entering the corners too slow or too fast.

then gear down by no more than 3 teeth. Run again.

the first indication would be "When on the straight am I reaching top speed"

If it's about mid way then you are close. more to the end too tall and more to the beginning too low.

From that look at the acelleration out of the corner. if it's faster and harder than the first run then your are going in the right direction, If it seems slower then go the other direction in gearing.

But most of all look for the following

1) Fastest lap time
2) feeling like to you hit the corner at the apex with enough tourque to pull you out of the corner hard
3) fastest lap time
4) to be able to hold a tight line around corners
Old 02-06-2013, 10:31 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by malkiy
My track isn't tight but has a lot of 180s and chicanes, 100 x 40. My roll out with a reedy 17.5 is 103 - 106.
on ours i'm at 91mm I start my tires no bigger than 45mm (susally around 44.5) and fronts 1 mm smaller with rounded outer rim of the foam to stop the foam from tearing off the rim.

Also since it's so tight and all of the high wear corners are when I'm turning right and the slow ones are generally left. I swap tires side to side in between each race. That way they will not be too lopsided by mains time
Ok thanks guys.

I'm using CRC Pro-Cut yellows on the rear and they measure at 48mm new. Man I remember running huge donuts back in the brushed days. These new tires are trued right about where I would have chucked a set back then.

Sean
Old 02-06-2013, 10:35 AM
Tech Regular

How long should a set a black fronts (CRC Pro-Cuts) last with aggressive steering geometry? I've got the 10 degree blocks on the car, 1.5 deg. of camber but very light on the front with a mini servo. Running two shims forward for less sensitivity. Also, do you see the tires wearing even or coning at 1.5 deg. camber and no brace?

Sean
Old 02-06-2013, 10:43 AM
Tech Master

With that much camber they will cone very quickly Say 3 runs. And then stay that way for a while. the time all depends on weather you hit anything or chunk a tire
Old 02-06-2013, 11:42 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

48mm rears is enormous as it is! You may want to go a bit smaller or you could end up with some bizarre handling quirks...
Old 02-06-2013, 11:51 AM
Tech Regular

With that much camber they will cone very quickly Say 3 runs. And then stay that way for a while. the time all depends on weather you hit anything or chunk a tire
I was just going by the setups I could find (like on PetitRC) for that camber. I can certainly try less or even none at all. I will play around with this. These tires are almost $20 a pair after taxes so I don't really want to use them up in a few runs.

Sean
Old 02-06-2013, 12:00 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by JamesL_71
48mm rears is enormous as it is! You may want to go a bit smaller or you could end up with some bizarre handling quirks...
Hmmmm......
They come pre-mounted and trued with a rounded edge at that size and I don't have a tire truer. Nor is it really something I want to get. I used to run tires with a lot more meat than that so I think I will be able to feel the car out. If not maybe there are other tires that come trued a bit smaller. I haven't "raced" a 1/12th in a decade so I have to practice to get back into the groove.

Our old track was very bumpy as the carpet had to be rolled up and put away after the racing. My Trinity MCR was awesome on the bumps. Ran 5-6mm of ride height which is unheard of today I guess. This Xti I have shimmed to 3.2mm, it would get high-centered on our old track.

Sean
Old 02-06-2013, 01:10 PM
Tech Master

Ride height all depends on the track. ours is bumpy so I don;t go below 4mm
Old 02-06-2013, 09:04 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Just a quick note to let all the forum members know that the Xti ran very strong at the Snowbirds last weekend. Jason Schreffler and Andrew Knapp lit up the lap times in the A-main of 13.5 by setting fast laps of the main finishing on the podium. Both used the stock Xti, no options or add on parts.

In stock, the Xti was very strong as well. In mod, 3 Xti's with the Altered Ego conversion kit were in the A-main, more than any other manufacturer.

In WGT, 4 out of 10 cars were the Gen-X 10 LE with Brian Wynn T.Q.ing and winning the A-main.

We will get busy getting some setups on the website. Thanks for the support! See you at the ROAR Nationals.
Old 02-10-2013, 01:54 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default CRC GEN X CARPET KNIFE

The car handles very well and maunuvers around the track like on rails , im very pleased with the cars ability so , im happy and whenever I move to carpet racing then I will eventually move to the xti car soon..
Old 02-10-2013, 02:57 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Can someone give me an estimated sensor wire length?

Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.