Team CRC Xti 1/12th Scale!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree221Likes

Team CRC Xti 1/12th Scale!!

Hide Wikipost
Old 03-02-2021, 05:42 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team CRC Xti 1/12th Scale!!
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: tobamiester

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2012, 02:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

I find the more pod droop the more forgiving the rear end is. Not a tonne more rear traction but easier to drive. But also can feel lazy getting onpower. I only run less than 1mm to none. I have tried more but it's not a feeling I like
Old 10-21-2012, 02:58 PM
Tech Regular

Mark Erce...

by looking at the spec's of that servo the torque might be a little to low.. def has the speedo though... still would suggest the KO pds 951, fut 9650, and the sanwa

Originally Posted by Mark Erce
seems like the other crc xi thread is dead so sorry for posting this stuff here but can someone please tell me if this will work in my crc xi before i buy it. thanks

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...-Digital-Servo

theatriks,

They look very similiar to the TRC rims from trinity

Originally Posted by theatriks
Who makes those wheels?
Old 10-21-2012, 04:03 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

anyone else having problems killing/exploding the LR axle bearing? i didnt get to finish a race the other day because i killed 2 of them.. 1 one in the first heat and another 3 minutes into the main..

anyone else?
Old 10-21-2012, 04:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jarrodh
anyone else having problems killing/exploding the LR axle bearing? i didnt get to finish a race the other day because i killed 2 of them.. 1 one in the first heat and another 3 minutes into the main..

anyone else?
Im not sure dont have the car yet....btw what size is that bearing?
Old 10-21-2012, 06:55 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

anyone else?
I haven't had any issues, it made the entire week at the IIC and two days of local races here already. The only thing I can think that would cause you to be killing the axle bearings is bad bearings to begin with or your pod might not be set level left to right and this would cause one or both bearings to bind.
Old 10-21-2012, 08:34 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by theatriks
Im not sure dont have the car yet....btw what size is that bearing?
its the same size bearing as the old cars.. dont know the exact measurements off hand..

could be out of level.. but its pretty damn close with my mic... and both times it was the same side/bearing

i think that now the bearing are mounted in aluminum, rather than the plastic inserts of the older cars, that there is no give anymore.. and that little collar/spacer between the hub and the bearing just drives the center race out everytime theres contact.. ive never in all my years runnin crc cars even blown a rear axle bearing, nevermind 2 exploding in the same night, back to back.

im goin to see if i can get/make a washer that is the same O.D as the bearing, maybe itll hit flat rather then punch the center out..?
Old 10-21-2012, 09:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

its the same size bearing as the old cars.. dont know the exact measurements off hand..

could be out of level.. but its pretty damn close with my mic... and both times it was the same side/bearing

i think that now the bearing are mounted in aluminum, rather than the plastic inserts of the older cars, that there is no give anymore.. and that little collar/spacer between the hub and the bearing just drives the center race out everytime theres contact.. ive never in all my years runnin crc cars even blown a rear axle bearing, nevermind 2 exploding in the same night, back to back.

im goin to see if i can get/make a washer that is the same O.D as the bearing, maybe itll hit flat rather then punch the center out..?
Sounds like a recipe to create a bind in corners as the axle will no longer have an effective bearing on the outside.
Old 10-21-2012, 10:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I have to ask that brutal honest question: does your track have some hard barriers and are you getting in contact with them?

I ran my Xti hard into a fastened barrier at IIC into the left rear. It didn't improve its smoothness, but I didn't kill it either. If you are concerned about your track being too firm, slide a 3/16" o-ring on the axle and then shim with 1/4 spacers... make a little cushion out of it.

Brian
Old 10-22-2012, 12:55 AM
Tech Champion

anyone else?
Originally Posted by linkless
I haven't had any issues, it made the entire week at the IIC and two days of local races here already. The only thing I can think that would cause you to be killing the axle bearings is bad bearings to begin with or your pod might not be set level left to right and this would cause one or both bearings to bind.
I blew out 2 rear bearings at the IIC...one in my Xi and one in my Copperhead 10. Wasn't either of the car's fault...I just kept hitting stuff
Old 10-22-2012, 09:32 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Andrew Knapp
13.5 CRC XTI transverse
.55 front spring
.404 king pin length
5 degree caster
.5 degree camber
Crc red center spring
30wt oil in center shock
4mm pod.droop
3.5mm ride height. Front , center and rear.
Magenta front tire
Magenta rear tire
White side springs 1.5 turns down... Fairly compressed
50000 dampner tube lube
Crc.black art audi r8c body
Hobbywing 1s speedo
Trinity d3.5
Revtech batteries
Spektrum radio

Crc xti inline .55 front spring
.404 king pin length
5 degree caster
.5 degree camber
Crc black center spring
30wt oil in center shock
2mm pod.droop
3.5mm ride height. Front , center and rear.
Magenta front tire
pink rear tire
blue side springs just touching
20000 dampner tube lube
Protoform amr
Lrp sxx v2
Trinity d3.5
Revtech batteries
Spektrum radio
how is the king pin length measured?
Old 10-22-2012, 09:41 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dlandaker
how is the king pin length measured?
I want to know this too The king pin is always angled. Which side do you measure? Front, side or rear? I do know you measure from the c-clip to the knuckle.
Old 10-22-2012, 10:07 AM
Tech Elite

we measure kingpin length from the steering block to the bottom of the e clip groove. basically you are taking the measurement of the eclip, spring and pivot ball, if that makes sense. the king pin should not be angled unless it is screwed into the steering block wrong, or bent. there is a moulding seem on the steering block, try not to measure from there, but always try to go from the same spot. i.e., even with where the set screw goes in, or something like that.
Old 10-22-2012, 10:26 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by al dente
we measure kingpin length from the steering block to the bottom of the e clip groove. basically you are taking the measurement of the eclip, spring and pivot ball, if that makes sense. the king pin should not be angled unless it is screwed into the steering block wrong, or bent. there is a moulding seem on the steering block, try not to measure from there, but always try to go from the same spot. i.e., even with where the set screw goes in, or something like that.
thanks for the prompt reply.

how does a shorter king pin length effect the handling?
Old 10-22-2012, 02:40 PM
Tech Addict

Default wind tunnel racing product shur lube

does anyone know the exact weight of the lube 1-6? the web site says that 1 is the thinnest and 6 is the thickest but i want to know what i am using for set up of my xi and xti cars not just guess so if someone has some info the different colored lubes please let me know thanks
Old 10-22-2012, 02:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

Originally Posted by bigtee
does anyone know the exact weight of the lube 1-6? the web site says that 1 is the thinnest and 6 is the thickest but i want to know what i am using for set up of my xi and xti cars not just guess so if someone has some info the different colored lubes please let me know thanks
Not sure of the exact weight rating on it but when I used that stuff in the past I always ran Green #3 or Red #4

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.