Team CRC Xti 1/12th Scale!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree221Likes

Team CRC Xti 1/12th Scale!!

Hide Wikipost
Old 03-02-2021, 05:42 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team CRC Xti 1/12th Scale!!
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: tobamiester

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2012, 02:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bvoltz
Ok that I can understand..... and that is fair.... I do not like it but ok....

Was that so hard? Your a factory driver, so why be a smart a$$ rather then try to help a person that purchased the product your resent? I have had this kit for 3 weeks, it still is not together because what I know as normal is not normal for 1/12th scale. I have place 7 different orders to get the parts I need and can you guess what I have spent in shipping alone.... the LH does have the products.... so I have to order and wait....
What all have you ordered ? All you should need is a servo saver and tires and body. It comes with everything else. You knew it needed electronics and motor. You dont have to have a bumper , they really dont do much.
Old 11-06-2012, 02:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Guessing... around 75 over my life.... 1/10th onroad and offroad, no 1/8th scale, no oval, no pan car...

So are you trying to tell me this is same thing I would experience if I purchased say .... a blue kit (did not want to use the name)? Or is this just something that the CRC fans have known and accept and are all thinking about the first time they purchased a kit and felt this way, and now laughing because they learned?

Hey you engaged this one.....
I have never built or owned a CRC... so it would be a stretch to call me a CRC fan. The car that I drive(TOP) does come with a servo saver. But that is typically not the norm for 12th scale kits.

What surprises me is how bent out of shape you are about this particular item not being included in your kit. I am also a little surprised that you have not accumulated the parts, pieces, screws, etc necessary to assemble a 12th scale after having built 75 different kits.
Old 11-06-2012, 02:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default not easy

I don't want to burst anyone's bubble.....but if basic things like finding a servo saver, or the correct size and type of screw to fasten it, or where to put the front spring, etc are confounding some of the guys who have been posting so much lately,......then those fellow's prospects of having an enjoyable 1/12th scale experience are not looking very good. Even after the car is ready to run, there are so many nuiances that are critical to making a 1/12th scale car pleasurable to drive. The front end must be totally free. Likewise the rear pod and side links. then it's important to find just the right side springs, center spring, shock oil, dampener fluid, pod droop, ride height, toe out, camber, caster, tire selection, tire sauce type and application method, body, radio settings, etc, etc. to suit a particlar driver's taste and style. In order for the car to work well enough to enjoy, all of those things will need to be looked after carefully. If it's annoying a person simply to get the car together (including the servo saver), I wish you good luck getting everything else taken care of well enough so that you can truly enjoy the car.
Old 11-06-2012, 03:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vafactor
I don't want to burst anyone's bubble.....but if basic things like finding a servo saver, or the correct size and type of screw to fasten it, or where to put the front spring, etc are confounding some of the guys who have been posting so much lately,......then those fellow's prospects of having an enjoyable 1/12th scale experience are not looking very good. Even after the car is ready to run, there are so many nuiances that are critical to making a 1/12th scale car pleasurable to drive. The front end must be totally free. Likewise the rear pod and side links. then it's important to find just the right side springs, center spring, shock oil, dampener fluid, pod droop, ride height, toe out, camber, caster, tire selection, tire sauce type and application method, body, radio settings, etc, etc. to suit a particlar driver's taste and style. In order for the car to work well enough to enjoy, all of those things will need to be looked after carefully. If it's annoying a person simply to get the car together (including the servo saver), I wish you good luck getting everything else taken care of well enough so that you can truly enjoy the car.
It is me, I'm the only one that that is having issues with this kit... it is not other people.

You can say it... I'm just to stupid to own a 1/12th scale... No really it is ok....

I can see I have greatly upset the CRC fan base with my 1) questions, and then finally the straw that broke my back with this kit the servo saver and voiced my opinion compared to other types of R/C racing cars (1/10th scale).

Many did answer my questions, and understood the "experience" with 1/12th scale is different then 1/10th scale and tried to point me in the correct direction, they have explained "this is the way it is" and provided helpful insight. For this I'm grateful to you folks.

I have taken the time to remove all my post for this Xti forum as I see I have greatly upset some of you and that was not my goal. My goal was to find out want is going on and why this was not working as per the directions, Simply put, "What am I missing". If putting the front spring on in the wrong place is an indication of how one will fair with 1/12th scale I have failed the test and should not be allowed to own 1/12th scale car.

People have told me over and over, "you need to get a 1/12th car, you would really enjoy it. They are really simple and fun." So based on your post, this would be not the case. Opps... Ok I now know this and will make proper adjustments.

I'm very sorry to have wasted everyone's time.
Old 11-06-2012, 04:01 PM
Tech Master

Dear Mr Bvoltz, you have not taxed my patience. Honestly, you would have been happier with the Tamiya kit. It is more complete and simpler. 1/12th does not attract casual people. It is hard core racing. The kits are aimed at a small group of hardcore enthusiasts, so they only include the bits needed to build the basic chassis, allowing the owner to customize the car to his needs. You need to find a Guru at the track you race at to help you with the set up of the car. The simplicity of the designs is deceptive, very small changes can make a huge difference in the way the car runs. You will find 12th scalers are generally a friendly, helpful group. I'm sorry if we gave you the wrong impression here. I hope you will press on with your car and find the happiness we find when we race. If you have more questions and don't wish to post here, just PM me and I will do my best to answer from my 20+ years of racing.
Old 11-06-2012, 04:04 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

You didn't waste anyone's time and I'm certain that most of us would like to see you back on here in a few weeks stating how much fun you are having with your XTi. Please don't give up yet. If you need more help or have any questions feel free to send me a private message and I will do my best to answer you in a timely manner. My work schedule is a bit busy currently but I will make the time to ensure you get everything taken care of. If that doesn't work, maybe someone in your area can take the time to help you out.
Old 11-06-2012, 04:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Mr Bvoltz, I would like to apologize to you. I was too short.
We sometimes get guys on fourms just trying to make problems. I'm sorry. Good luck and I hope you dont give up on 1/2. It realy is a good thing.
Tim
Old 11-06-2012, 05:10 PM
Tech Elite

Thanks guys... I deleted because it is time to move on to the next level of education for this 1/12th newbie....
Old 11-06-2012, 05:22 PM
Tech Elite

If anyone is interested in pictures of the Inline setup, take a look these...

http://events.redrc.net/event-galler...ds/?nggpage=16

It help me a lot to get started.....
Old 11-06-2012, 05:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

If anyone is interested in pictures of the Inline setup, take a look these...

http://events.redrc.net/event-galler...ds/?nggpage=16

It help me a lot to get started.....
Those are pictures of Elliott Harpers car. Orion 1s-2s speedo cleans it up alot compared to how alot of people using an ESC with an external booster.
Old 11-06-2012, 06:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Is it normal for diff hub 92 too have only 2 of the 3 wheel mount holes threaded?!?!?
Old 11-06-2012, 06:38 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Thanks guys... I deleted because it is time to move on to the next level of education for this 1/12th newbie....
Come up to Grand Rapids some weekend, we will get you dialed quick!

Mike Slaughter
Old 11-06-2012, 06:41 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by masterhit
Come up to Grand Rapids some weekend, we will get you dialed quick!

Mike Slaughter
What is the track name? Link?? I will get work on that....
Old 11-06-2012, 06:42 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Tim3
Mr Bvoltz, I would like to apologize to you. I was too short.
We sometimes get guys on fourms just trying to make problems. I'm sorry. Good luck and I hope you dont give up on 1/2. It realy is a good thing.
Tim
It is all good... What location are you at for the track??
Old 11-06-2012, 07:05 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

What is the track name? Link?? I will get work on that....
Rapid Competition. Between Terry Rott, Chuck Lonergran and Andrew Knapp you will be set with CRC help.

Mike Slaughter

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.