Team CRC Xti 1/12th Scale!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree221Likes

Team CRC Xti 1/12th Scale!!

Hide Wikipost
Old 03-02-2021, 05:42 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team CRC Xti 1/12th Scale!!
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: tobamiester

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2013, 07:34 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by M3Roc
Here's what im running. The front end is really touchy and wants to steer like a shark through water. Ive been running it for a while now and I love it! It actually encouraged me to get into F1 also..

When it was new..
[/URL]

Last weekend.. I licked that wall hard coming into the sweeper..
[/URL]

As she sits today..
[/URL]
[/URL]

Well looking at your car.. Here are some suggestions..go to blue side springs or more preferable orange side springs. Go to zero re-active caster front end and long arm w/ 55 front springs..blue center or gold center spring. This will help!
Old 05-17-2013, 07:37 PM
Tech Adept

Also your steering links should be parallel to chassis..they are very angeled..
Old 05-17-2013, 08:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 108 (100%+)

Thank's ill try that. It will be near impossible to do anything about the steering links but I can try the other things you suggested. I do however currently run blue springs, the white are no good. After todays practice, I will up the 10k oil in the stiff to 15 or 20k. Ill have to try the diff center spring as well.
Old 05-17-2013, 09:53 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by cookie1
Well looking at your car.. Here are some suggestions..go to blue side springs or more preferable orange side springs. Go to zero re-active caster front end and long arm w/ 55 front springs..blue center or gold center spring. This will help!
Couple problems there...can't run the long arm with the servo mounted in that position. You can shim up the caster mount to get a similar effect however with the 5* and 0* caster mounts most bodies won't mount down far enough if they mounts are shimmed up. I went with the middle caster mount shim and the 5* mounts so the body will sit right. The blue side spring is the softest CRC sells...the orange is probably a different brand and the colors may or may not match spring rates across different brands. In the center shock springs they do not match color to spring rate across brands...I'm not sure about the side springs. For the Encore spring set the blue is the softest.

Originally Posted by M3Roc
Thank's ill try that. It will be near impossible to do anything about the steering links but I can try the other things you suggested. I do however currently run blue springs, the white are no good. After todays practice, I will up the 10k oil in the stiff to 15 or 20k. Ill have to try the diff center spring as well.
You can add spacers under the ball on the steering knuckle until the rod end just about rubs the rim and that will bring the links more level. One thing to keep in mind though is the picture angle doesn't really show well the horizontal angle of the links because they mount forward at an angle when looking down at the car to get a better ackerman angle. Looking at mine it looks like I have about a 2mm spacer under the ball on the knuckle.
Old 05-18-2013, 11:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Crc makes an orange side spring, it might not be listed on the website but they do make one. You might have to call them and ask for it.
Old 05-27-2013, 07:36 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default XTI vs. 12r5.2

Have any of you racers run the XTI and the 12R5.2? I am thinking heavily of getting a 12R5.2 or XTI. Any help would be great.
Thanks and God Bless
Old 06-04-2013, 10:55 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Does anyone know if CRC has addressed the weak lower pod plate on the Xti? There was a post on the CRC forums that the part had a running change made to add material around the link mounting positions, but I can' find any confirmation that it actually happened. I've contacted CRC for confirmation but I haven't heard anything back yet.

I really like the car, but I broke three pod plates during light impacts. It's getting expensive replacing the plate ever other race day.
Old 06-04-2013, 01:26 PM
Tech Adept

This question has been asked at least once? I don't think CRC has any plans to change its design. At some point you'll make a better driver or like me after the third break go back to a car that can take a hit, not much of a solution I liked the car.
Old 06-04-2013, 01:41 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by tdu verney
This question has been asked at least once? I don't think CRC has any plans to change its design. At some point you'll make a better driver or like me after the third break go back to a car that can take a hit, not much of a solution I liked the car.
I know the pod issue has been raised more than once, this isn't the first time I've asked. It would be nice if CRC would aknowledge that they are aware of the problem and are working on it, or just say they don't care and blame it on driver error. It seems like this problem is getting ignored.

I would love to hear a team driver or company representative actually chime in on the issue instead of hearing crickets everytime it's brought up. Getting an answer shouldn't be like pulling teeth.
Old 06-04-2013, 05:50 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Csaari77
I know the pod issue has been raised more than once, this isn't the first time I've asked. It would be nice if CRC would aknowledge that they are aware of the problem and are working on it, or just say they don't care and blame it on driver error. It seems like this problem is getting ignored.

I would love to hear a team driver or company representative actually chime in on the issue instead of hearing crickets everytime it's brought up. Getting an answer shouldn't be like pulling teeth.
CRC does have an updated lower pod plate. Call or email them. After breaking 2 lower pod plates in one night (my 5th and 6th in 3 months), I emailed Frank and John and they responded letting me know they did have the pod plates made with a stronger carbon fiber. Since putting it on I have not broken it again and I have had several fairly hard side shots that would have normally broken the old version. The new carbon fiber is visually different. If you compare it to the carbon fiber the old plate is made of, the new plate has a larger fiber weave.
Old 06-04-2013, 06:07 PM
Tech Master

Thank you for the info. Part of my frustration is because I've emailed them twice and never got a reply. I wish they would have announced that they made a change to the part so their customers were aware it had been improved. Like I said, I love the car. It's stable, easy to drive, and incredibly fast but it just hasn't been durable.

I'll give CRC a call and get a couple plates ordered tomorrow.
Old 06-04-2013, 07:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

If you can't keep it together, don't get a new car, just get an Altered Ego chassis plate, you'll break everything else on the car before you break the pod from the outside hole.

You might go faster as well.
Old 06-05-2013, 05:01 AM
Tech Apprentice

I wish Crc would make a f1 based on the xti !!
Old 06-05-2013, 05:08 AM
Tech Adept

They distribute the VBC F1? Check it out on the CRC web site. The front end is way cool.
Old 06-05-2013, 01:37 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Has anyone got any tips for calming the front end down on initial turn in?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.