Search
Like Tree24Likes

Associated RC 12 R5.2

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2013, 08:24 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mitrovic
I'm still fighting with this incredible oversteer of my car. It happens at high speed but also at low speed.
My car has:
Front tyres: Jaco black, no liquid for grip, diameter: 41,5
Back tires: Jaco yellow, full liquid for grip, diameter:44
Front springs hard
Side and center spring blue
The center spring was checked by a "pro".
What could I do else?
So you have no rear grip
What surface are you racing on
How are the other 12th scales at your track coping with this issue
Old 02-17-2013, 08:36 AM
Tech Initiate

correct no rear grip, but why?
it is a high grip carpet.
no other car has this problem.
allthough generally the asso s seem to have more grip in the front then the other e.g. yokomos
where to look for my error?
Old 02-17-2013, 08:44 AM
Tech Champion

allthough generally the asso s seem to have more grip in the front then the other e.g. yokomos
No grip on a high grip surface, suggest this is a build issue
Have you posted a pic of your car yet ?
Might be something obvious

Also
Have a look at this new On-Point video from Robert Krens
It is very informative

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 02-17-2013, 09:46 AM
Tech Apprentice

Have the same problem too. Extreme front grip, using 30 sh rear(full dope), 35/37(less han 25% dope). Also a little higher ride height in front. Springs: blue center/oil 25wt, speedm. 18 or 20 side, green spooge. Today I tried spacing lower arm 1mm, which calmed the steering down. Using toe-in also. Try spacing lower arm next time you run.
Old 02-18-2013, 10:00 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by RedBullFiXX
No grip on a high grip surface, suggest this is a build issue
Have you posted a pic of your car yet ?
Might be something obvious

Also
Have a look at this new On-Point video from Robert Krens
It is very informative

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Yes I guess it is a built issue!
Great video, thank you! After checking my car I found no tweaks, but the center pivot was not free! So I corrected it now and hope that this will solve some of my problems!

Oddski what do you mean by spacing the lower arm? ( sorry my english is not very good )
Old 02-18-2013, 10:17 AM
Tech Master

Yes I guess it is a built issue!
Great video, thank you! After checking my car I found no tweaks, but the center pivot was not free! So I corrected it now and hope that this will solve some of my problems!

Oddski what do you mean by spacing the lower arm? ( sorry my english is not very good )
You can put spacers between the lower arm and the front bulkhead to widen the front track. the spacers are in the kit (blue 3mm, various thickness.) See your instruction sheet.
Old 02-18-2013, 10:43 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by LonnyJ1950
You can put spacers between the lower arm and the front bulkhead to widen the front track. the spacers are in the kit (blue 3mm, various thickness.) See your instruction sheet.
Front track is fairly wide already on the 5.2
Old 02-18-2013, 11:29 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by RedBullFiXX
Front track is fairly wide already on the 5.2
Too much is never enough!!
Old 02-18-2013, 11:30 AM
Tech Master

It is fairly wide, but I'd add 1mm if the car has too much steering, also space the top arm in by 2mm - although you will need to run either no brace, or the old R5/5.1 brace.
Old 02-18-2013, 12:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

hey guys can anyone tell me a better center shock i can buy to replace the stock one...
Old 02-18-2013, 01:54 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ralphierace13
hey guys can anyone tell me a better center shock i can buy to replace the stock one...
Everyone I race with prefers the hot bodies shock.
Old 02-18-2013, 05:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 97 (100%+)
Default GRIP

Hi,

I'm brand spankin' new to 12th scale after 16 years in other aspects of surface r/c. Chose the 12r5.2. Initally, I'm having issues with it "stopping" at corner apex and then turning. Very similar to too much front traction. However, I dont have the rear traction issue. I only use 1/2 to 3/4 rear dope. Being that I'm new to the class, I just threw the kitchen sink at it. I ended up with .24 front springs and 0 degrees front upper arm position. 1 degree neg camber. 0-.25 degree front toe out. I also made the front track width as narrow as possible. No shims on axle inside of tire. 3 shims on outside of tire to take up slack. I went with 13# rear side springs and blue center with 17.5wt oil. (bumpy track). I gained 2 tenths instantly. Im still learning roll out and what not but the car is about 25 grams heavy. Any thoughts? I'm using a 1s hobbywing. ko 411 rx, savox servo, fantom 100c 6500 lipo, revtec motor (reedy on the way). Car balances perfect within a gram side x side with no additional weight. but overall its a pig.
Old 02-19-2013, 01:05 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by BAD007SUZUKI
Hi,

I'm brand spankin' new to 12th scale after 16 years in other aspects of surface r/c. Chose the 12r5.2. Initally, I'm having issues with it "stopping" at corner apex and then turning. Very similar to too much front traction. However, I dont have the rear traction issue. I only use 1/2 to 3/4 rear dope. Being that I'm new to the class, I just threw the kitchen sink at it. I ended up with .24 front springs and 0 degrees front upper arm position. 1 degree neg camber. 0-.25 degree front toe out. I also made the front track width as narrow as possible. No shims on axle inside of tire. 3 shims on outside of tire to take up slack. I went with 13# rear side springs and blue center with 17.5wt oil. (bumpy track). I gained 2 tenths instantly. Im still learning roll out and what not but the car is about 25 grams heavy. Any thoughts? I'm using a 1s hobbywing. ko 411 rx, savox servo, fantom 100c 6500 lipo, revtec motor (reedy on the way). Car balances perfect within a gram side x side with no additional weight. but overall its a pig.
Put 30wt(or something close) in the center shock. Don't run the first hour of practice, the track is worthless until laps are put down laying the fibers the right way(messed up from the short course trucks). After that I'm working on your car.
Old 02-20-2013, 05:45 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by LonnyJ1950
I m doing that right now.
But what about the length ( with ) of the upper arm? It can be adjusted, but at what setting?

Thanks
Old 02-20-2013, 07:42 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 97 (100%+)
Default ...

After watching the video on here, I decided to break the car down. I went to
Lowes and grabbed a piece of marble tile as its about as flat as you can get. It was amazing what a nice flat surface can do. I should have the car back together for tonight. Im going to put 27.5 in the center shock and go up from there.. I have all the front springs available and all the center springs coming from amain. They should be here friday.

Originally Posted by martymiller
Put 30wt(or something close) in the center shock. Don't run the first hour of practice, the track is worthless until laps are put down laying the fibers the right way(messed up from the short course trucks). After that I'm working on your car.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.