Search
Like Tree8Likes

YOKOMO Touring Car BD-7

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2013, 09:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Camarillo Set Up

Here is the base setup I used at Camarillo. A little bumpy on some sections of the track with good condition asphalt. Traction varied from Med-high in morning to medium in afternoon, max track temp was 130F. Car handled well during the whole day only requiring a little more aggressive steering input as track temperature increased. Most important thing I found on asphalt is to mount your body far enough forward. *SEE VOLKER and PRUMPER body photos on asphalt tracks as guide.*

2 out of 3 TQ qualifying runs
2 out of 3 Main wins
Attached Thumbnails YOKOMO Touring Car BD-7-bd7_peterchhu_camarillo290613.jpg  
Old 07-06-2013, 10:06 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Thanks Pete
Old 07-07-2013, 06:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Racing4Evo
Here is the base setup I used at Camarillo. A little bumpy on some sections of the track with good condition asphalt. Traction varied from Med-high in morning to medium in afternoon, max track temp was 130F. Car handled well during the whole day only requiring a little more aggressive steering input as track temperature increased. Most important thing I found on asphalt is to mount your body far enough forward. *SEE VOLKER and PRUMPER body photos on asphalt tracks as guide.*

2 out of 3 Main wins
Nice that's a lot of camber gain.
Old 07-07-2013, 11:04 AM
Tech Elite

Your setup looks interesting. Where does yellow stand on the spring chart?
Old 07-07-2013, 01:01 PM
Suspended

I just want to know will the car handle out the box on asphalt or will it require a lot of tuning.
Old 07-07-2013, 02:45 PM
Tech Elite

Only thing needed are springs for asphalt(HPI Silver), which most everyone probably buys no matter what car they run. Other than that, everything is fine tuning to suit your driving. Stock setup will get you 90% there. The car is easier to drive on asphalt stock than it is on carpet.
Old 07-07-2013, 05:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Your setup looks interesting. Where does yellow stand on the spring chart?
Between Blue and Pink

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...Long-Type-Pink

Link shows chart. I will have to hump someone's leg one weekend to get some video going.

Today was interesting. I was running pretty much full boost on a 4.0T geared at 8.0 FDR. I was leading the main when all of a sudden my car got very loose. First I thought I blew out a tire as I was on my third run with the tires. I then found out I clear snapped off the aluminum for the DCJ. Anyone else? I mean very very aggressive driving so I'm not entirely surprised. I'm sure we were 50-65 mph on the straight away then full brakes. This is the first failure I've had since I've figured out I was putting on BD5 c hubs. Anyone else? I will turn down the power a little and make the brakes smoother for starters. Anyone else run the car that hard?
Old 07-07-2013, 07:26 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by NolanP
Between Blue and Pink

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...Long-Type-Pink

Link shows chart. I will have to hump someone's leg one weekend to get some video going.

Today was interesting. I was running pretty much full boost on a 4.0T geared at 8.0 FDR. I was leading the main when all of a sudden my car got very loose. First I thought I blew out a tire as I was on my third run with the tires. I then found out I clear snapped off the aluminum for the DCJ. Anyone else? I mean very very aggressive driving so I'm not entirely surprised. I'm sure we were 50-65 mph on the straight away then full brakes. This is the first failure I've had since I've figured out I was putting on BD5 c hubs. Anyone else? I will turn down the power a little and make the brakes smoother for starters. Anyone else run the car that hard?

Thanks

The DCJs are definitely one of the weaker points of the car. I check mine frequently, almost every run. I'm not surprised you broke them with that much power. Now you know why i dont run mod. Only thing I can suggest is to pack it with heavy grease and sleeve the joint with heatshrink.
Old 07-07-2013, 10:04 PM
Tech Champion

Thanks

The DCJs are definitely one of the weaker points of the car. I check mine frequently, almost every run. I'm not surprised you broke them with that much power. Now you know why i dont run mod. Only thing I can suggest is to pack it with heavy grease and sleeve the joint with heatshrink.
Huh ?, same set of Yok DCJ's since new, no issues, lube them every now and then
But haven't run mod either
Old 07-08-2013, 05:04 AM
Tech Regular

2 out of 3 Main wins
Ran this setup yesterday... Very stable in the rear (considering how bumpy west london is!) Track temp was 50ºc pretty much all day using Sorex 32. All screws in top deck and steering to topdeck brace. 550 oil all round.

Car had no steering though. Had to turn in so early to get the car into the corner. Any help with this.
Old 07-08-2013, 12:23 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

YOKOMO onsale 2013 Japan Nat's Option Pack
Attached Thumbnails YOKOMO Touring Car BD-7-yo-b7-jnop.jpg  
Old 07-08-2013, 02:15 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Mi4cxl
Ran this setup yesterday... Very stable in the rear (considering how bumpy west london is!) Track temp was 50ºc pretty much all day using Sorex 32. All screws in top deck and steering to topdeck brace. 550 oil all round.

Car had no steering though. Had to turn in so early to get the car into the corner. Any help with this.

How was your tyre prep? It could be a difference in tryre Prep. Another thing to watch out for when running someone elses set up is to also run the same body and mounting positions.

Last edited by Francis M.; 07-08-2013 at 04:42 PM.
Old 07-08-2013, 09:16 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Mi4cxl

Use 450cst oil and 1000wt diff oil.

This is how far forward I mount the body. In this case it is a Protoform LTC-R LW. That's a US quarter coin which is ~24mm resting in between the outermost lip on the body and the face of the bumper.

Old 07-08-2013, 09:23 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RedBullFiXX
Huh ?, same set of Yok DCJ's since new, no issues, lube them every now and then
But haven't run mod either
Mine are a lot older. We'll see how your set holds up. I know if there's anyone that knows how to build and maintain them, it would be you.
Old 07-08-2013, 10:02 PM
Tech Champion

Mine are a lot older. We'll see how your set holds up. I know if there's anyone that knows how to build and maintain them, it would be you.
Ahh yes, that is true, If you have been running the OG parts since new, may be time to re-build your aging DCJ's

Have you tried the Jaco spec tires yet ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.