Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree8Likes

YOKOMO Touring Car BD-7

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2013, 09:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

If that's a d3.5 I'm running full timing at or right around that ratio.
Old 01-26-2013, 11:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Me too. I'm running 4.5 FDR for 13.5 blinky using the newer reedy with the timing all the way up.

I just got my LRP FLOW too. Compared to my SXX V2, its noticeably smoother, but not as smooth as the Orion R10 which felt kind of flat in blinky. That shouldn't make too big of a difference until you start running mod with lots of boost at which point the R10 might pull out an advantage especially on asphalt.
Old 01-27-2013, 12:19 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Heres the problem I am having with my BD7.

My spur gear is too small and I cant run any pinion lower than a 23T with my 81T spur gear. Note that this is 48pitch, so its bigger than a 64P spur gear..

Any ideas on how this could be resolved?
Old 01-27-2013, 02:56 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Get a bigger spur gear.
Old 01-27-2013, 03:54 AM
Tech Adept

Aha, you said it
Old 01-27-2013, 06:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

No if you are trying to get to a 4.5 FDR with an 81 spur he needs a 36 pinion not a bigger spur.

Bill if you have to go out and buy all these spurs and pinions I would suggest switching to 64 pitch as you get more accurate gear mesh (easier to get a smaller fdr adjustment). If your local hobby shop can not get them buy http://www.speedtechhobbies.com/inde...roduct_id=2309 and choose your sizes. Very strong very thin and it actually fits all four screws. Plus Speedtech does a great job.
Old 01-27-2013, 05:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

Originally Posted by Bill K
Too late with that one. Just purchased LRP flow worksteam competition speed controller off RC mart for 200 AUD + shipping. What a bargain.

Also just a question Jack, what gearing are you running with your 13.5 class?

Thanks
Bill
http://www.rc-mushroom.com/product_i...ontrol-p-25739
You obviously are shopping at the wrong shop. You will also find your crapimoto motor is not chamfered so does not allow you to get the pinion sizes you are looking for as it fouls the top deck. Shopping at hobby habit is a waste of time mate, they sell you shit that makes them lots of profit. As a kid you'll learn all this one day!

Also sorry to sound harsh but 2 weeks ago you were a newb with a new car and now your answering everyone's questions on here like a pro !!! Yet you can't figure out your gearing!!! It's time for some homework methinks.
Old 01-27-2013, 06:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Not sure how big your track is, however for a fixed time non boost 13.5 HW motor and large track I have been advised to gear between 3.1 and 3.5 to be on the pace.

Seems way different to your 4.5, however you are able to dial in timing which would make a difference.

Track is asphalt and very high grip. I found that to achieve the gearing on the BD7 you need to use a 48 pitch 63 or 64 tooth spur and a range of pinions. I also dremeled a slight bit form the front motor mount so the pinion did not bind.

If you are talking 64 pitch then to achieve a 3.1 ratio you need a 85/55 combination.

Bill K,

Hard to give you a gear ratio without knowing which motor unless you are changing to a 13.5. The other issue is if you fit a larger spur you need to fit a larger pinion which will not work on the BD7 due to space. You need to find the middle ground and go from there. The 63 or 64 RW racing spur is the way forward for you.If you were running boosted stock a 80 or 81 spur and a FDR 5.7 would be good. Turbo.boost etc you need to work out. All of these are 48 pitch.

Later,

Calvin.

Last edited by caltek1; 01-27-2013 at 06:46 PM. Reason: wrong words
Old 01-27-2013, 11:00 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Benzaah
http://www.rc-mushroom.com/product_i...ontrol-p-25739
You obviously are shopping at the wrong shop. You will also find your crapimoto motor is not chamfered so does not allow you to get the pinion sizes you are looking for as it fouls the top deck. Shopping at hobby habit is a waste of time mate, they sell you shit that makes them lots of profit. As a kid you'll learn all this one day!

Also sorry to sound harsh but 2 weeks ago you were a newb with a new car and now your answering everyone's questions on here like a pro !!! Yet you can't figure out your gearing!!! It's time for some homework methinks.
I understand what you mean; and apologies. Although I have been driving for a while now Im only just getting to know how to setup my own car and figure out whats right from wrong. I usually had my dad do all this for me and just focus on being the driver.

Gearing is one thing I'm just learning to understand, and I'm coming here to get an idea of what ratio's I should be looking for with this car and motor. I do know bits and peices to setups ect right now, but there are some things that I'm just not familiar with right now
Old 01-27-2013, 11:06 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by caltek1
Not sure how big your track is, however for a fixed time non boost 13.5 HW motor and large track I have been advised to gear between 3.1 and 3.5 to be on the pace.

Seems way different to your 4.5, however you are able to dial in timing which would make a difference.

Track is asphalt and very high grip. I found that to achieve the gearing on the BD7 you need to use a 48 pitch 63 or 64 tooth spur and a range of pinions. I also dremeled a slight bit form the front motor mount so the pinion did not bind.

If you are talking 64 pitch then to achieve a 3.1 ratio you need a 85/55 combination.

Bill K,

Hard to give you a gear ratio without knowing which motor unless you are changing to a 13.5. The other issue is if you fit a larger spur you need to fit a larger pinion which will not work on the BD7 due to space. You need to find the middle ground and go from there. The 63 or 64 RW racing spur is the way forward for you.If you were running boosted stock a 80 or 81 spur and a FDR 5.7 would be good. Turbo.boost etc you need to work out. All of these are 48 pitch.

Later,

Calvin.
Thanks for you help. Ill be down at the tracl shortly and I'll be able to experiment with gearing ect. Right now Im running 81T spur with 23T pinion, which anything below 23T willnot mesh correctly. Hopefully I wont need to go higher, but If so I'll be purchasing another spur gear to sort out this issue.

Regards
Bill
Old 01-28-2013, 04:23 AM
Tech Adept

Anybodiy have a setup for low traction carpet? For 10.5 blinky and Mod..
Old 01-30-2013, 02:04 PM
Tech Rookie

Hi guys just finished my bd7 ran it stock it was perfect but when I went back to the track a week later my rear end keeps coming around on me any help would be appreciated
Gabe
Old 01-30-2013, 03:29 PM
Tech Regular

Hi Gabe,

if you haven't used the car in-between meetings and running the same setup/tyres/shell, the only thing I can think of is some air may have leaked into 1 or more of the shocks.

The quickest way to check is probably just to compress the shock on the car and listen closely for any "squelching" noises.
Old 01-30-2013, 04:21 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by cyclonetog
Hi Gabe,

if you haven't used the car in-between meetings and running the same setup/tyres/shell, the only thing I can think of is some air may have leaked into 1 or more of the shocks.

The quickest way to check is probably just to compress the shock on the car and listen closely for any "squelching" noises.
thanks I will have a listen and I have changed the shell I did not think that would make a difference sorry about the newbie stuff but I have always run pan cars so this is new to me but the car handles well again thanks for the help
Gabe
Old 01-30-2013, 06:35 PM
rai
Tech Regular

Default Centering way off

Does anyone has the same problem when their BD's accidentally hit the barrier on the front and as a result the centering was just way off? I'm talking about BD7 chassis using the floating servo.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.