R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   Peak Dynasty 19t Motor (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/65000-peak-dynasty-19t-motor.html)

jzone 03-06-2005 11:19 PM

i have to agree, the torque factor got shot out of the water. krazy speed was all good. temp stayed about the same as i geared up, every run

Just to compare some #'s............when I was breaking in the brushes ............at 2 volt's amp draw was avraging 17amps.

FW-05RR 03-06-2005 11:47 PM

how good is this motor over the other 19t:confused:

jzone 03-07-2005 12:06 AM

i would still take a C2 over any right now, but the dynasty will be a spec motor for the western canadian TCS

MYXTYPLYX 03-07-2005 12:13 AM

Originally posted by jzone
i would still take a C2 over any right now, but the dynasty will be a spec motor for the western canadian TCS
I second that motion and add specifically the Putnam C2 has been a real terror on the track.

mtveten 03-07-2005 01:38 PM

Ramil,

I have done extensive testings with every type of brush / brush mod possible and the setups I sent Jesse are by far the best. Just put the Tveten Tweaks on it and you'll be set.

Oh BTW the F setup will be your best bet for GT1 the others are all to shift the powerband for the F1's limited gearing.

Mark

MYXTYPLYX 03-07-2005 07:19 PM

Originally posted by mtveten
Ramil,

I have done extensive testings with every type of brush / brush mod possible and the setups I sent Jesse are by far the best. Just put the Tveten Tweaks on it and you'll be set.

Oh BTW the F setup will be your best bet for GT1 the others are all to shift the powerband for the F1's limited gearing.

Mark

I haven't gotten any from Jesse. Maybe you can send them over to me so I can do some of my own testing. I've got 2 weeks.
You comming up to run?

jzone 03-07-2005 11:01 PM

Originally posted by MYXTYPLYX
I haven't gotten any from Jesse. Maybe you can send them over to me so I can do some of my own testing. I've got 2 weeks.
You comming up to run?

All you had to do was ask. I haven't been able to test all set ups. But it should get me in the ball ark

mtveten 03-08-2005 10:55 AM

Originally posted by MYXTYPLYX
I second that motion and add specifically the Putnam C2 has been a real terror on the track.
Sounds like Jesse is on top of the motor situation.

Regarding the cloverdale race I am not sure if I will be able to make it or not, I should know more by monday.

Please PM the event schedule.

Thanks,
Mark

rc-zombies 03-08-2005 11:29 AM

I have the pubman C2...anybody try it with the V2 conversion kit?

MYXTYPLYX 03-08-2005 05:32 PM

Originally posted by rc-zombies
I have the pubman C2...anybody try it with the V2 conversion kit?

You do mean Putnam right?

The V2 conversion will only allow you to use the brushes mostly desined for mod and therefore has less silver content.

I recommend sticking with the Green brushes for full power or use Green(+), Blue(-) for slightly longer brush life.

jzone 03-09-2005 07:29 PM

From what I've seen with any V2 conversion on a 19t. Is that the efficiency looks better. Sprint brushes, and even the cut sprints. You gotta use the ultra hard springs though. But I don't know if they are available out there. They are harder than the Peak hard springs

Mark, thanks for all your suggestions on the motor tuning. We should start doing bench races on motors in the pits.

hope to see you and pops out for our first TCS next weekend
:D

MYXTYPLYX 03-09-2005 07:52 PM

Jess, can you send me that info please?
I wanna have a look at what he's done.

Mark and Pops have to come out. They naver miss any of our races...

jzone 03-09-2005 08:15 PM

u got pm

vassago 03-10-2005 02:13 AM

Anytried tried taking down the comm to say 0.28" (7mm)
Due to the small brushes (compared to laydown) it may help a lot. The 19T V2 is really short on RPMs as it is.

jzone 03-10-2005 04:12 PM

The cut brushes work well on them.

As for cutting the com down to a smaller diameter, a gain in rpm would be something you will see most of the time.