R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   Peak Dynasty 19t Motor (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/65000-peak-dynasty-19t-motor.html)

jzone 03-02-2005 11:09 AM

Peak Dynasty 19t Motor

I'm lookin for some tuning options for the Peak Dynasty 19turn motor....................

Let's hear it,,,,,,,brushes , spring combo's, etc............

Thanks

Asurada Sugo 03-02-2005 11:25 AM

I have 3 of those and I've noticed that bearings on it die real fast. I've had to replace the original bearings on all 3 of mine after about 20 packs of batteries or so. Same situations with a lot of other racers at my local track with their dynasty.

Peak has replacement bearings for the motor.

I upgraded all mine with ceramic bearings since I had to take them out to replace them anyways so might as well put in the good stuff. Afterall, the motor bearings are the highest reving bearings on the whole car and if you put want to put ceramic bearings on the car, putting it in the motor should make the most difference. I use the motor ceramic bearings from APS racing and they're great! The arm slides into the bearings real snug and fit so I guess that should help too.

As for brushes, I use Trinity 4499 thought I heard a lot of praises with Putnam brushes but they're a bit too pricey for my liking.

mtveten 03-02-2005 01:30 PM

Jesse,

shoot me a mail and I'll send you the orion 19T setups. The Orion does make good power, far more than the reedy but not quite as much as a good c2.

Mark

jzone 03-02-2005 01:38 PM

hey mark,
Yeah, I'm lookin to see what everyone else is running on their peak dynasty motors. I'm gonna be running it as a spec motor for the Western Canadian TCS Series. Your input is very welcome..

Jess

Korey Harbke 03-02-2005 03:39 PM

Fantom 315's (same compound as a 767, just more dense) And purple springs. I hand align each hood, and I eyballed some cavities in the brushes. The neg cavity being slightly smaller then the positive. I think the pos cavity is abotu 5/64's and the neg is about 1/16. Then just gear this motor to the moon.

I have also been running a Peak Dynasty V2 version. Been haveing very good luck with it as well. The stock setup out of the box is great. I just keep slapped bigger pinions on it and it keeps getting better.

-Korey

pheyhoe 03-02-2005 04:26 PM

I bought a 19T Dynasty 6 months ago and its the only motor i have used on and off for 6 months....

I suppose i had neglected this motor so i thought it was time for a skimm hehe, opend it up and its in GREAT shape, i cannot belive how well this motor has lasted. its mega quick aswell!

No problems with bearings :)

jzone 03-02-2005 06:47 PM

Thanks guys, Keep it coming, ,,,,I'm like a sponge......

I can keep soaking it up.............:weird: :D

Jess

ChadCapece 03-02-2005 07:03 PM

Reedy 767, orion red-orange +, green -, align hoods, take off leading and trailing edge of brush, hole in neg, constant bearing oil drops(Zubak), purple bulit comm drops. The motor will put down good power, but not like a Team High Velocty C2.:D

vtl1180ny 03-02-2005 07:21 PM

When can we get the 19t V2 motors in the states?????

jzone 03-02-2005 08:00 PM

I know the power band is way different than the C2 motor. So how should gearing be?.....guess treat it like a torque motor and gear it to the moon?

Korey Harbke 03-02-2005 08:28 PM

Yes gear to the moon. At rain city a 6.3 final drive is good with rubber tires. Generally I run a 6.8 With a reedy quad mag so you have some comparison. I eneded up with the same ratio as well.

You can get the v2 versions now. They made a limited run of them. They are expensive though. They have the same part number but they have an LE at the end. I'm guessing for limited edition. So far I'm pretty impressed.

-Korey

rc-zombies 03-02-2005 10:06 PM

Originally posted by vtl1180ny
When can we get the 19t V2 motors in the states?????
Billy from Speedworld said Peak only made 100 of them and all are sold out.. I was lucky enough to get 2.. :D
can't wait to try it out this weekend.

Korey Harbke 03-02-2005 10:09 PM

wow I never knew they were that limited lol.

-Korey

kumpol 03-02-2005 10:14 PM

I have run the Dynasty with V2 endbell......hard springs and sprint brushes with 24 degree of timing. I'm satisfied with it so far.

Korey Harbke 03-02-2005 10:20 PM

Yeah, thats how mine is setup. Seems to work good.

-Korey