Search
Like Tree5Likes

AME T SHOX

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2013, 11:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

+That's what I was thinking about...

But Andreas, could you please provide a sectional view of a shock, just to be sure we clearly understand where the different items have on to stand on an fully-assembled shock?

Super-mega-sexy shock support comes from R2 hobbies (it exists in others colors too)
Old 02-20-2013, 02:24 AM
Tech Addict

Default AME T shox

would these shock work well on a 1/10th scale nitro car like velox v10 ?
Old 02-20-2013, 03:22 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by bigtee
would these shock work well on a 1/10th scale nitro car like velox v10 ?
Hello

The shocs should work well on any 1/10.
Old 02-21-2013, 01:15 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by DS Motorsport
Just want to let everyone know that we from Capricornrc.nl will be offering the full line of AME parts.

http://www.capricornrc.nl/t-shox

We're also working on low profile shocktowers for the Tamiya 417, Yokomo BD7, Capricorn TE-01, ARC-10 and Kyosho TF6 so all of these cars can be converted to short shocks.
conversion ready and tested!

Old 02-21-2013, 09:22 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

conversion ready and tested!
I'm curious. When changing to the shorter shox, and lower shock tower did that effect your dampening choice or spring choice in any way?

Thanks,
Ethan
Old 02-21-2013, 11:18 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by erchn
I'm curious. When changing to the shorter shox, and lower shock tower did that effect your dampening choice or spring choice in any way?

Thanks,
Ethan
not yet, still some testing to do. With the large shox I used 350 oil, 3 x 1.2 pistons and Yokomo pink/blue springs. With the short shox I used 350 oil, 3x1.1 pistons and the yokomo springs. Car felt already better with the short setup, a little understeer. Next up is drilled pistons to 1.2x3 and the yellow short Tshox springs. Also some work to do with finding the best shockposition on the tower.
Old 02-21-2013, 02:07 PM
Tech Adept

Sorry when u have Oleg designer of awesomatix issue different o rings to reduce "un wanted stiction" and u have a shock copied from something associated came up with on their 12th. I mean no disrespect when I say this as it is a good design and obviously works.

My frustration is I felt ur shocks std versions they feel nothing like mine and others are experiencing too. I have a part missing still no response from yourself
Old 02-21-2013, 02:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Low profile shock towers for the Capricorn TE-01 and ARC-R10:

Hope to have a set of short T-shox in time before the Gran Canary ETS.

Tamiya 417 and Yokomo BD7 towers are in development and should be finished soon.
Old 02-21-2013, 02:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Matthijs
not yet, still some testing to do. With the large shox I used 350 oil, 3 x 1.2 pistons and Yokomo pink/blue springs. With the short shox I used 350 oil, 3x1.1 pistons and the yokomo springs. Car felt already better with the short setup, a little understeer. Next up is drilled pistons to 1.2x3 and the yellow short Tshox springs. Also some work to do with finding the best shockposition on the tower.
Thanks. One last thing, these are the same diameter as the longer shox no?
Old 02-21-2013, 10:49 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Jampot
Sorry when u have Oleg designer of awesomatix issue different o rings to reduce "un wanted stiction" and u have a shock copied from something associated came up with on their 12th. I mean no disrespect when I say this as it is a good design and obviously works.

My frustration is I felt ur shocks std versions they feel nothing like mine and others are experiencing too. I have a part missing still no response from yourself
we build the short shox with some sanding of the large white shim and with no conical shims in the top. No friction and the shox work like they are supposed to do (we think). I have the large shox and assembled with all the shims and no modification they feel fine. The short shox assembled with all the shims really have far too much friction to function properly. On the car you can see the car loosing traction and the wheels are bouncing on the track on braking. I also emailed Andreas about this and some missing parts...but no response as wel. He is busy at the TITC I guess...

Originally Posted by erchn
Thanks. One last thing, these are the same diameter as the longer shox no?
correct, everything is the same, only the shockbody and the shaft are shorter.
Old 02-21-2013, 11:26 PM
Tech Adept

[QUOTE=Matthijs;11847312]we build the short shox with some sanding of the large white shim and with no conical shims in the top. No friction and the shox work like they are supposed to do (we think). I have the large shox and assembled with all the shims and no modification they feel fine. The short shox assembled with all the shims really have far too much friction to function properly. On the car you can see the car loosing traction and the wheels are bouncing on the track on braking. I also emailed Andreas about this and some missing parts...but no response as wel. He is busy at the TITC I guess...

I emailed weeks ago!

Did u build the std length shox with parts missing? To get them smooth 2? Like I say I felt 2 sets of std length t shox perfect then I feel mine! Dog shizzer! Unless I Change o rings.

It simple I want a refund. The shox I have are garbage.
Old 02-21-2013, 11:45 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Jampot
I emailed weeks ago!

Did u build the std length shox with parts missing? To get them smooth 2? Like I say I felt 2 sets of std length t shox perfect then I feel mine! Dog shizzer! Unless I Change o rings.

It simple I want a refund. The shox I have are garbage.
I build the std lenght shox with all the parts, they feel fine. You have to grease the orings with green slime (ae) and use a reamer for the bushings / shims. Pay attention to the way the conical shims are mounted (right side up). I also don't use the large oring in the shockcap. Mounting is much easier without it and in my view, it doesn't have a function besides preventing the shockcap to come loose.

For the short shox you have to sand a little off the large white bushing in the bottom of the shock. Maybe this is just for a specific batch of the short shox, but I keep reading the same thing over and over again. The short ones have issues, too much friction, missing parts, etc... At our club we have 3 sets and all sets have the same problems. You have to modify them to function properly, but once you've done that they are really great!

If a little sanding of four bushings is an issue, or a little modifying of the product is too much of a problem than I think we have the wrong hobby. We all ream our suspension arms, modify diff's, glue tires, tune ball bearings... I agree, for the money you would expect a flawless product, but hey, it's a new product, first series, so this can happen (with everything). Fix it, ride it and look at your laptimes ;-)
Old 02-22-2013, 12:32 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by DS Motorsport

Hope to have a set of short T-shox in time before the Gran Canary ETS.

Tamiya 417 and Yokomo BD7 towers are in development and should be finished soon.
any chance you could bring bd7 short shock towers to gran canary ETS race? i ll be there also
Old 02-22-2013, 01:49 AM
Tech Addict

Fresh from TITC, Nicholas Lee using Tshox tq'ed 2nd round of open stock qualifying.
Old 02-22-2013, 05:36 AM
Tech Addict

And overnight TQ at Open Stock

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.