Tech Addict

Attached Thumbnails Yokomo MR4TC-BD-image-066-.jpg  
Old 04-13-2005, 10:20 PM
Tech Addict

& i after will make sterring carbon more hole
Old 04-14-2005, 12:29 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

My friend AJ worked on this new piece all this afternoon, it's dialed.
Attached Thumbnails Yokomo MR4TC-BD-dscn1991.jpg  
Old 04-14-2005, 12:32 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally posted by Randy Caster
Man that looks Tite!!
-Dave
Old 04-14-2005, 01:15 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

so randy, when are you gonna start selling those?
Old 04-14-2005, 04:05 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Bulk Heads

Matt, Randy
or any one who is familiar with te SDW and the BD, will the bullk heads from the BD fit the SDW. I Like the option of being able to drop the diffs in from the top!!!!
Cheers
Simon
Old 04-14-2005, 05:33 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Bluey_74,
The bulkheads from the BD wont fit the SD, but if you like the option of 'drop in' diffs then look out for the LCG conversion for the SD.
Old 04-14-2005, 06:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 63 (98%+)
Default one more time...

"Rocketron"

"one more time.......YGPM"
Old 04-14-2005, 06:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally posted by Randy Caster
Hey Randy,
Might you be so kind as to make me up a set of those for me....I have a little bit of extra cash here...LOL
If it isn't too much trouble, I will see you on sunday.

I had some issues yesterday @ SoCal, I thought my car was setup so I went right to practice for sunday. Here is whay I found out. Those Kingpin/ball studs are garbage. I put in soem Square Ti kingpins and ran Ti-ball studs on the SD setup. With there being only limited time after I made the cahnge I only got one pack through....You know those off road guys get all bent if you are running when they are suppost to.LOL
Anyhow here is where I am at right now. Seems to get a little pushy though....Any suggestions would be great.

2degree camber all around
.5degree toe out
2.5 rear hingpin mount
5mm ride height all around
arms all the way back
Shocks are 45 and white and blue F/R
Middle hole on the c-hub for the camber link.
Stock settigns everywhere else.

Thanks in advance for the help....Randy if you can not get a set of those sweet carbon link I understand, but they would be much appreciated. I will bring my dremel just in case.
Thanks,
Stephen <><
Old 04-14-2005, 07:01 AM
Tech Elite

I have to agree with you about the BD though being really designed for open flowign tracks. I was having issues @ SoCal.....
And I caught a glimps of the Layout for Sunday. Worse than SAturday. Very technicle with a very long strait.
All I can say is Banked Oval is ment for banked oval. Not touring car racing....Coming off the first corner off the banked I was bottoming out my body and basicly ruining my nice matched pack as it is like hitting a dot when you make the entry into the in-field of that track....MAN Get me out to 4 Fun and Hot Rods....Nice and flat and lanes larger than 5' wide. Not to complain too much but I am use to running flat tracks. But then again....How many Oval racers are in the area....I met one last year...Thats about it...LOL Not to bash on oval guys either...They are fun to watch (yea especially when they crash....Ouch....
OK Rant over.
Old 04-14-2005, 07:02 AM
Tech Regular

Mr S,

Sounds like your not transferring enough weight to the front of the car to get a decent amount of turn in (is that what you mean by pushy?)
If you are using stock settings does that mean you are using No 3 pistons in the shocks? If so try No 2 pistons or No 1, this should hook the front end up, or go down 5wt in the front.

HIH
Chris
Old 04-14-2005, 07:07 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Chrissy C
Mr S,

Sounds like your not transferring enough weight to the front of the car to get a decent amount of turn in (is that what you mean by pushy?)
If you are using stock settings does that mean you are using No 3 pistons in the shocks? If so try No 2 pistons or No 1, this should hook the front end up, or go down 5wt in the front.

HIH
Chris
I have the rayspeed #2 and I thought I might try a little lest weight oil in the rear like putting in 400 instead of 450. I have a whole nother set of shocks So I am going to make a set up bone stock and a pair of them 500 and the other pair 400 then I will have most of the combos available. I just didn't have time yesterday. I think I will stick to the #2 rayspeeds though. They have been the best I have tried so far.
Any other suggestions?
Thanks,
Stephen <><
Should I go back to the 3degree rear hingepin block?
Old 04-14-2005, 07:19 AM
Tech Regular

Not familar with the RS pitstons so cn't help there.

I think you are working the wrong way round here, try dialling more grip into the front rather than working on the rear...here is my logic...(dangerous stuff logic!)

Under breaking in to a corner the momentum/weight of the car will be working the front of the car, if you need more front end (steering) the softer the front of the car is (ie a drop in oil/larger pistons) the quicker the momentum can be translated into useable grip. By putting softer oil in the rear and adding toe in, it will only add more rear end making it harder for the front to hook up...

Does that makes sense??
Old 04-14-2005, 07:47 AM
Tech Elite

it makes since but I think where I am having an issue is at both ends cause it pushes a little but it also gets a little loose in the rear at tracks like SoCal. So I am kinda stuck in the middle of all of this I persume. I might be able to get more grip with more Paragon or what not, just not too sure because when I first go out after I prep the tires and get going the car is on rails, about one minute in it starts to get all hairy, pushes then the rear end starts sliding a bit...
I hate racing at SoCal...(oh ave I made that abundantly clear)(maybe it is because I have a hard time getting the car planted)
At tracks liek 4 Fun and HotRods the car seems dialed right out of the box.....No car shoudl need that much adjustment just for one track.....At least that is my opinion.
well at least SoCal is first and only track of its kind on the JBRL series race...
I think once I get it dialed in @ SoCal I will stop hating it so much....
LOL
Sorry just venting a little frustration from yesterday.
Sorry All
Stephen <><
Originally posted by Chrissy C

Not familar with the RS pitstons so cn't help there.

I think you are working the wrong way round here, try dialling more grip into the front rather than working on the rear...here is my logic...(dangerous stuff logic!)

Under breaking in to a corner the momentum/weight of the car will be working the front of the car, if you need more front end (steering) the softer the front of the car is (ie a drop in oil/larger pistons) the quicker the momentum can be translated into useable grip. By putting softer oil in the rear and adding toe in, it will only add more rear end making it harder for the front to hook up...

Does that makes sense??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.