Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Hope this works for everyone.
Stephen <><
Old 04-14-2005, 05:26 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally posted by Mr. Shookie
Thanks, I will make that adjustment before I come down on Sunday morning....I told Jimmy 6AM is insane for signups...doesn't he know no one in the OC getsup before 10 on weekends...sheesh.
I will be there since heck I live in the AV and we get up early Mon-Fri why not prolong my agaony a little and getup before the crows and drive an hour and half down there and sign up and go pass out in my exploder. At least this first race is the furthest from me.
Cya
Stephen <><
Oh yea got a little help about the track frustrations yesterday....One being that the track had a nice film of dust from the guys practicing for offroad racign last night.
That might explain the lack of traction and over rotation....LOL
couldn't have been my driving....LOL
Just remember, if you need setup help, just drop by my pit and I'll take a look at what you can change..
Old 04-14-2005, 05:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally posted by Randy Caster
Just remember, if you need setup help, just drop by my pit and I'll take a look at what you can change..
Where do you normaly sit.
I will be the 6'2" FAT MAN driving the either mirror crome stratus or green and blue 6. I sit where ever the PRO's don't sit. I think I will try to get near the wall and toward the rear of the building as it seems to get less trafic...Last time I raced I had people running in and out between the tables...kind of distrating....LOL
Just come up and kick me, I can not run fast...FAT MAN remeber...

Stephen <><
Old 04-14-2005, 06:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 63 (98%+)

Shookie,

90 minutes seems pretty close to me......I will be drivin almost 4 hours to get to So-Cal from Vegas early Sunday mornin.....

Be happy you live "so-close!!!!"

see ya'll then

Thanks, I will make that adjustment before I come down on Sunday morning....I told Jimmy 6AM is insane for signups...doesn't he know no one in the OC getsup before 10 on weekends...sheesh.
I will be there since heck I live in the AV and we get up early Mon-Fri why not prolong my agaony a little and getup before the crows and drive an hour and half down there and sign up and go pass out in my exploder. At least this first race is the furthest from me.
Cya
Stephen <><
Oh yea got a little help about the track frustrations yesterday....One being that the track had a nice film of dust from the guys practicing for offroad racign last night.
That might explain the lack of traction and over rotation....LOL
couldn't have been my driving....LOL
Old 04-14-2005, 06:15 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally posted by ghoppa
Shookie,

90 minutes seems pretty close to me......I will be drivin almost 4 hours to get to So-Cal from Vegas early Sunday mornin.....

Be happy you live "so-close!!!!"

see ya'll then
dont get another speeding ticket. man... 4 hours.. thats dedication man.
Old 04-14-2005, 06:25 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Where do you normaly sit.
I will be the 6'2" FAT MAN driving the either mirror crome stratus or green and blue 6. I sit where ever the PRO's don't sit. I think I will try to get near the wall and toward the rear of the building as it seems to get less trafic...Last time I raced I had people running in and out between the tables...kind of distrating....LOL
Just come up and kick me, I can not run fast...FAT MAN remeber...

Stephen <><
I sit at the 2'nd table from the back 2 or 3 spaces from the wall. I'll have the all white car..
Old 04-14-2005, 06:54 PM
Tech Elite

shook, go with the easy stuff first, i would just stand the shocks up one more hole, front and rear. worked for me.
Old 04-14-2005, 07:11 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Hebiki
dont get another speeding ticket. man... 4 hours.. thats dedication man.
dude, your tellin me!!!!

that's why I'm givin myself 4 hours 'cause I'll have to me watchin' myself right before I get to Victorville.........I got 2 in the same area (right around the dale Evans Parkway on/off ramp) when we raced @ Scotty's track a couple of weeks ago.....

anyways, I hope to get there early enough (before 6am-"and the rush") to get a couple of spots for me an my buddy "by the wall as well"....

do you all plan on runnin a one way?????? or did ya'll find a decent set up with a "diff" 'cause I wanted to build a diff for this weekend, but everyone (I mean EVERYONE) is out of Yok-diff Rings........(I have everything else, darn-it!)

see all you cali guyz then!!!!!
Old 04-14-2005, 07:13 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

I dont know of anyone running a diff and being fast at SoCal, 1 way is the only way...
Old 04-14-2005, 07:17 PM
Tech Master

don't wanna sound stupid but,

"Where do you all measure your droop settings, and what are they????"

(i have been going from the bottom of the arms for the rears' and the lowest point on the c-hubs for the fronts')

Old 04-14-2005, 07:24 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

don't wanna sound stupid but,

"Where do you all measure your droop settings, and what are they????"

(i have been going from the bottom of the arms for the rears' and the lowest point on the c-hubs for the fronts')

That's how I measure mine as well. Currently I have 6 in the front and 5 in the rear. After this weekend I'll post anything if it changed.
Old 04-14-2005, 08:22 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

For SoCal I'm running 4 in front, 3 in rear.
Old 04-14-2005, 08:49 PM
Tech Master

For SoCal I'm running 4 in front, 3 in rear.
Randy,

what weight oil????

are you getting good transition from lft to rt in the infield as well as entering the "bank"??????

also, have you tried red/yellow spring combo in comparison to the stock blue/white combo?????
Old 04-14-2005, 09:00 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Randy,

what weight oil????

are you getting good transition from lft to rt in the infield as well as entering the "bank"??????

also, have you tried red/yellow spring combo in comparison to the stock blue/white combo?????
I'm running AE 40wt oil f/r. The car transitions well from the banking with the rear shocks 1 hole in from the outside, and the front shocks all the way in on the tower, stock locations on arms. I havent felt the need to try any different spring combos, the car is really dialed right now.
Old 04-14-2005, 09:05 PM
Tech Master

I'm running AE 40wt oil f/r. The car transitions well from the banking with the rear shocks 1 hole in from the outside, and the front shocks all the way in on the tower, stock locations on arms. I havent felt the need to try any different spring combos, the car is really dialed right now.
thanks...any info will help....I have "yet" to run the "BD" @ So-Cal since I got it.....

couple more dayz and a few hundred miles (330 actually) and I'll find out for myself......

thxs again,

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.