R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-14-2005, 05:32 PM   #1141
Tech Elite
 
Mr. Shookie's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: The Wilderness
Posts: 4,711
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Shookie Send a message via MSN to Mr. Shookie
Default

Hope this works for everyone.
Stephen <><
__________________
All who love the LORD JESUS I praise with you.1 Cor 10:31
Team HOLY Rollers (Team Manager)
The Church is a Hospital for Sinners not a Museum for Saints.
RcTech Feedback <>< RC Tech Subcriber #92
Mr. Shookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2005, 06:26 PM   #1142
Tech Prophet
 
Randy Caster's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Costa Mesa, CA
Posts: 16,675
Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Shookie
Thanks, I will make that adjustment before I come down on Sunday morning....I told Jimmy 6AM is insane for signups...doesn't he know no one in the OC getsup before 10 on weekends...sheesh.
I will be there since heck I live in the AV and we get up early Mon-Fri why not prolong my agaony a little and getup before the crows and drive an hour and half down there and sign up and go pass out in my exploder. At least this first race is the furthest from me.
Cya
Stephen <><
Oh yea got a little help about the track frustrations yesterday....One being that the track had a nice film of dust from the guys practicing for offroad racign last night.
That might explain the lack of traction and over rotation....LOL
couldn't have been my driving....LOL
Just remember, if you need setup help, just drop by my pit and I'll take a look at what you can change..
Randy Caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2005, 06:45 PM   #1143
Tech Elite
 
Mr. Shookie's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: The Wilderness
Posts: 4,711
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Shookie Send a message via MSN to Mr. Shookie
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Randy Caster
Just remember, if you need setup help, just drop by my pit and I'll take a look at what you can change..
Where do you normaly sit.
I will be the 6'2" FAT MAN driving the either mirror crome stratus or green and blue 6. I sit where ever the PRO's don't sit. I think I will try to get near the wall and toward the rear of the building as it seems to get less trafic...Last time I raced I had people running in and out between the tables...kind of distrating....LOL
Just come up and kick me, I can not run fast...FAT MAN remeber...

Stephen <><
__________________
All who love the LORD JESUS I praise with you.1 Cor 10:31
Team HOLY Rollers (Team Manager)
The Church is a Hospital for Sinners not a Museum for Saints.
RcTech Feedback <>< RC Tech Subcriber #92
Mr. Shookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2005, 07:13 PM   #1144
Tech Master
 
ghoppa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Sin City - Las Vegas
Posts: 1,721
Trader Rating: 54 (98%+)
Default

Shookie,

90 minutes seems pretty close to me......I will be drivin almost 4 hours to get to So-Cal from Vegas early Sunday mornin.....

Be happy you live "so-close!!!!"

see ya'll then

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Shookie
Thanks, I will make that adjustment before I come down on Sunday morning....I told Jimmy 6AM is insane for signups...doesn't he know no one in the OC getsup before 10 on weekends...sheesh.
I will be there since heck I live in the AV and we get up early Mon-Fri why not prolong my agaony a little and getup before the crows and drive an hour and half down there and sign up and go pass out in my exploder. At least this first race is the furthest from me.
Cya
Stephen <><
Oh yea got a little help about the track frustrations yesterday....One being that the track had a nice film of dust from the guys practicing for offroad racign last night.
That might explain the lack of traction and over rotation....LOL
couldn't have been my driving....LOL
__________________
R1 Wurks - ActivRC - ApexRC - P1 Brands
ghoppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2005, 07:15 PM   #1145
Tech Lord
 
Hebiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Chino, CA
Posts: 12,919
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by ghoppa
Shookie,

90 minutes seems pretty close to me......I will be drivin almost 4 hours to get to So-Cal from Vegas early Sunday mornin.....

Be happy you live "so-close!!!!"

see ya'll then
dont get another speeding ticket. man... 4 hours.. thats dedication man.
__________________
Hebiki Design Works
Custom R/C Vinyl Graphics & Apparel: Your gear, your way!
Web Design - Web Development - Logo Design - Graphic Design
www.facebook.com/HebikiDesignWorks
Hebiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2005, 07:25 PM   #1146
Tech Prophet
 
Randy Caster's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Costa Mesa, CA
Posts: 16,675
Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Shookie
Where do you normaly sit.
I will be the 6'2" FAT MAN driving the either mirror crome stratus or green and blue 6. I sit where ever the PRO's don't sit. I think I will try to get near the wall and toward the rear of the building as it seems to get less trafic...Last time I raced I had people running in and out between the tables...kind of distrating....LOL
Just come up and kick me, I can not run fast...FAT MAN remeber...

Stephen <><
I sit at the 2'nd table from the back 2 or 3 spaces from the wall. I'll have the all white car..
Randy Caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2005, 07:54 PM   #1147
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: auburn washington
Posts: 2,053
Default

shook, go with the easy stuff first, i would just stand the shocks up one more hole, front and rear. worked for me.
Turtlemaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2005, 08:11 PM   #1148
Tech Master
 
ghoppa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Sin City - Las Vegas
Posts: 1,721
Trader Rating: 54 (98%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Hebiki
dont get another speeding ticket. man... 4 hours.. thats dedication man.
dude, your tellin me!!!!

that's why I'm givin myself 4 hours 'cause I'll have to me watchin' myself right before I get to Victorville.........I got 2 in the same area (right around the dale Evans Parkway on/off ramp) when we raced @ Scotty's track a couple of weeks ago.....

anyways, I hope to get there early enough (before 6am-"and the rush") to get a couple of spots for me an my buddy "by the wall as well"....

do you all plan on runnin a one way?????? or did ya'll find a decent set up with a "diff" 'cause I wanted to build a diff for this weekend, but everyone (I mean EVERYONE) is out of Yok-diff Rings........(I have everything else, darn-it!)

see all you cali guyz then!!!!!
__________________
R1 Wurks - ActivRC - ApexRC - P1 Brands
ghoppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2005, 08:13 PM   #1149
Tech Prophet
 
Randy Caster's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Costa Mesa, CA
Posts: 16,675
Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)
Default

I dont know of anyone running a diff and being fast at SoCal, 1 way is the only way...
Randy Caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2005, 08:17 PM   #1150
Tech Master
 
ghoppa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Sin City - Las Vegas
Posts: 1,721
Trader Rating: 54 (98%+)
Default

don't wanna sound stupid but,

"Where do you all measure your droop settings, and what are they????"

(i have been going from the bottom of the arms for the rears' and the lowest point on the c-hubs for the fronts')

__________________
R1 Wurks - ActivRC - ApexRC - P1 Brands
ghoppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2005, 08:24 PM   #1151
Tech Champion
 
Matt Howard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Abilene TX
Posts: 5,952
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by ghoppa
don't wanna sound stupid but,

"Where do you all measure your droop settings, and what are they????"

(i have been going from the bottom of the arms for the rears' and the lowest point on the c-hubs for the fronts')

That's how I measure mine as well. Currently I have 6 in the front and 5 in the rear. After this weekend I'll post anything if it changed.
__________________
Official member of The Guild of Calamitous Intent and proud supporter of Conjectural Technologies.
Serpent S411 LE kit #192
RCTech #361
Matt Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2005, 09:22 PM   #1152
Tech Prophet
 
Randy Caster's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Costa Mesa, CA
Posts: 16,675
Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)
Default

For SoCal I'm running 4 in front, 3 in rear.
Randy Caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2005, 09:49 PM   #1153
Tech Master
 
ghoppa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Sin City - Las Vegas
Posts: 1,721
Trader Rating: 54 (98%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Randy Caster
For SoCal I'm running 4 in front, 3 in rear.
Randy,

what weight oil????

are you getting good transition from lft to rt in the infield as well as entering the "bank"??????

also, have you tried red/yellow spring combo in comparison to the stock blue/white combo?????
__________________
R1 Wurks - ActivRC - ApexRC - P1 Brands
ghoppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2005, 10:00 PM   #1154
Tech Prophet
 
Randy Caster's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Costa Mesa, CA
Posts: 16,675
Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by ghoppa
Randy,

what weight oil????

are you getting good transition from lft to rt in the infield as well as entering the "bank"??????

also, have you tried red/yellow spring combo in comparison to the stock blue/white combo?????
I'm running AE 40wt oil f/r. The car transitions well from the banking with the rear shocks 1 hole in from the outside, and the front shocks all the way in on the tower, stock locations on arms. I havent felt the need to try any different spring combos, the car is really dialed right now.
Randy Caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2005, 10:05 PM   #1155
Tech Master
 
ghoppa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Sin City - Las Vegas
Posts: 1,721
Trader Rating: 54 (98%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Randy Caster
I'm running AE 40wt oil f/r. The car transitions well from the banking with the rear shocks 1 hole in from the outside, and the front shocks all the way in on the tower, stock locations on arms. I havent felt the need to try any different spring combos, the car is really dialed right now.
thanks...any info will help....I have "yet" to run the "BD" @ So-Cal since I got it.....

couple more dayz and a few hundred miles (330 actually) and I'll find out for myself......

thxs again,
__________________
R1 Wurks - ActivRC - ApexRC - P1 Brands
ghoppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Yokomo MR4TC CGM wyl03 Australia For Sale/Trade 0 06-26-2007 04:39 PM
yokomo mr4tc pro racer57 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 3 10-07-2006 02:34 AM
Looking for Yokomo MR4TC BD1 yyhayyim R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 1 08-24-2006 07:07 PM
yokomo mr4tc i730 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 0 07-20-2005 02:51 PM
WTB: Yokomo MR4TC SD SSG! DOMOisCOOL R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 2 03-06-2004 08:31 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 06:01 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net