Wiki Posts
Search

Yokomo MR4TC-BD

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2005, 03:50 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally posted by Matt Howard
just trim the internal spacer leaving the triangle piece and your shocks will be plenty long.
what does that piece do exactly?

...cut it off completely? so its just a triangle?
Old 04-05-2005, 03:53 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally posted by Hebiki
what does that piece do exactly?

...cut it off completely? so its just a triangle?
I believe it's so the shock shaft doesn't wiggle too much on the O rings. I cut it so the triangle piece is the only thing left.
Old 04-05-2005, 04:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally posted by KilRuf
Yes it does. The front pulley is pinned to the center shaft. And the spur mount/rear pulley is a oneway unit. However, the center shaft has 2 pin holes. Only one is used for the front pulley. That tells me they are designing a locked/pinned rear pulley/spur mount.
Old 04-05-2005, 04:20 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally posted by Matt Howard
I believe it's so the shock shaft doesn't wiggle too much on the O rings. I cut it so the triangle piece is the only thing left.
sweeet. time to do some cutting tonight.

(btw.. are you making the trip for the reedy race?)
Old 04-05-2005, 04:22 PM
Tech Regular

I sure hope Yokomo gets the diff pulleys in the states soon, I need a diff for carpet racing. I'm willing to try the center one way since I don't use brakes ever. It might actually work quite well.
Old 04-05-2005, 04:24 PM
Tech Master

Ok, its been a while since i drove belt.

This center pulley shizzle..... Does it make any difference if you installed a front diff with the standard kit center pulley???

A quick lesson in what it does would also be appreciated...
Old 04-05-2005, 04:26 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

hey matt,

that is a lot of cutting.....
man, mine won't be here till tomorrow....
TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!

~ming
Old 04-05-2005, 04:32 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by pheyhoe
Ok, its been a while since i drove belt.

This center pulley shizzle..... Does it make any difference if you installed a front diff with the standard kit center pulley???

A quick lesson in what it does would also be appreciated...
I haven't run a center one way since I ran rubber on carpet, the front one way makes a huge difference. The center one way is not as noticeable. However you will loose the ability to brake with the front tires. I think the car might actually go through the corners better running a center one and front diff then it would running a front diff and locked center drive. You may actually notice the car is faster in the straights also with a center one way. But remember the gains may not be as great as the loss of braking.
Old 04-05-2005, 04:36 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Originally posted by aoizip
hey matt,

that is a lot of cutting.....
man, mine won't be here till tomorrow....
TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!

~ming
it's not THAT much , plus it's worth it . - JB
Old 04-05-2005, 04:49 PM
Tech Master

I haven't run a center one way since I ran rubber on carpet, the front one way makes a huge difference. The center one way is not as noticeable. However you will loose the ability to brake with the front tires. I think the car might actually go through the corners better running a center one and front diff then it would running a front diff and locked center drive. You may actually notice the car is faster in the straights also with a center one way. But remember the gains may not be as great as the loss of braking.
So with a center one-way (kit one) even if you put a front differential in you have no brakes?

I know about the front and rear diffs/oneways/spools but the center one has me baffled, lol
Old 04-05-2005, 06:05 PM
Tech Regular

Don't be baffled, the center one way allows the front belt to spin free of the rear belt when off power; it then locks when on power. You will not have front brakes when you have a center one way. This option is not for a new racer; but can work great for an experienced driver.
Old 04-05-2005, 08:20 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

back in the old mr4tc days, i ran a center one way and front diff set-up for a time. it felt like using just the center one way was like a "middle off the road" set-up vs going with the one way in front or full diff config. it was a bit easier to drive through the corners - a bit more forgiving for the not so experienced driver who wanted the better cornering a front one way would give but had difficulty driving one. but if one can handle the dual one way config, the car will really fly through the corners (for asphalt racing at least). less scrub off power (more efficient) and it rips out of the corners. ... but yes, no brakes.
Old 04-05-2005, 08:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Got mine all freed up it rolls and rolls off power.....Like 30' roll....Gotta love the center/front Oneway setup.
Stephen <><
Old 04-05-2005, 08:42 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Has anyone weighed their car with all the electronics, rubber tires, and body? If so how much? The box says 1500g, so i would guess thats an estimate with some sort of electronics, tires and body

Also, just tried to put on a foam tire( tried the most popular brands Ex. Jaco, TRC, Parma) to see if it clears the shock eyelet. Looks like it rubs if you are using the outside hole, guess you might have to use spacers or use the inside holes on the arm to run on carpet.

Jairo Ortiz
Old 04-05-2005, 08:43 PM
Tech Elite

not a one way question, but what is your guys favorite brand of tool for doing the 2mm screws. mine always seems to fit the screws loose after a few weeks of use.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.