Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Yokomo MR4TC-BD

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2007, 05:45 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Good day guys, i was on my way to ordering parts over the internet for my bd,, i was just wondering is yokomo really gonna stop production for bd parts??? just asking to confirm so i can stock and order more parts,, thanks!!!
Old 09-09-2007, 05:49 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by imel24
Good day guys, i was on my way to ordering parts over the internet for my bd,, i was just wondering is yokomo really gonna stop production for bd parts??? just asking to confirm so i can stock and order more parts,, thanks!!!
when u say 'really gonna' it sounds as though u heard a rumur. its this so or are u just checking?
Old 09-10-2007, 12:47 AM
JJC
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by tim fry
Hi all

Almost finished my Grainger BD build but a little stumped on the front roll bar.
It seems too big is this normal?
Tim,

Run the wider bar on the rear and the narrower one on the front.

Fine choice of chassis by the way

Jez
Old 09-10-2007, 01:04 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Obsidian
On grainger's set up, why does he use spacers inside the shock.

cheerz
It is cause the new shockbodies do not have the plastic spacers.

they use a 1,5mm spacer under the piston to have the same shocklengh as if they used the old body.
Old 09-10-2007, 02:37 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by blazer2
hey ARK

i noticed that pulley mod aswell also if you look closely on the back pulley you can c that every second tooth is missing.
does any body know why his done this and the advantages or was it just for the euros and that particular track and set-up.
cheers
I have a Tamiya 05R to play with while my BD gathers dust and the kit pullies have every second tooth removed to make the transmission a little more efficient(supposedly). I think it increases the amount of belt slip, especially with the tiny center layshaft gears on the Tamiya.

Wouldn't like to do it with my BD though...
Old 09-10-2007, 03:42 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by imel24
Personally, i think that will not happen because as we all know the BD is their current touring car chassis.
Old 09-10-2007, 03:52 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by John Pape
Yes pulleys are modified, Yokomo did them for the Japan Nationals last year where duration was an issue.
They do free the car up, particularly when combined with the Bomber belts and do not alter the ratio of the car.

You can do them yourselves quite easily:
1. Using a scaplel blade carefully pry off the side that is glued on the pulley.
2. Using a fine set of side cutters cut away every other tooth.
3. Using a carbide tipped dremel bit clean up that area where you removed the teeth.
4. Glue the pulley side back on.

Job done
i tried this guys!!
I made 2 pulleys , i can say that it really helps with the transmission !! But you have to be carefull when doing it , it must be as smooth as possible!! Also after that , you have to check the belt tension and set it again!!
I noticed a difference that i think is enough if you think that you just cut some teeth of the pulley out !! also not only it doesn't slip but it CAN'T slip!!

i can post some pics if you want!!
Old 09-10-2007, 04:45 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Zacharopoulos
i tried this guys!!
I made 2 pulleys , i can say that it really helps with the transmission !! But you have to be carefull when doing it , it must be as smooth as possible!! Also after that , you have to check the belt tension and set it again!!
I noticed a difference that i think is enough if you think that you just cut some teeth of the pulley out !! also not only it doesn't slip but it CAN'T slip!!

Yeh please do post some pics as im going to try do this mod.

do you have a method for setting the belt tension? any way to know whether its set correctly?

thanks
Old 09-10-2007, 08:50 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Zacharopoulos
i tried this guys!!

hi did u do front and back or just the front.
Old 09-10-2007, 09:43 AM
Tech Adept

Do both the front and rear pulleys.

Belt tension will not alter, when using the bomber belts you do have to check the tension more often as they do stretch.

The spacers in the shock are there for 2 reasons, 1 is that without the spacer they would just be too long. Also without the spacer you would have waaaay too much pressure due to the amount of travel the piston would have when fully compressing the shock.

I am working on some pics of the front hub assembly.
Old 09-10-2007, 10:06 AM
Tech Adept

When using the cyclone knuckles did you also use the cyclone bearings as the yokomo ones seem a little thin requiring a spacer of sorts, The yokomo inline knuckle is a close fit but a little tight esp if the cyclone king pin bushes were used.

Cheers
Old 09-10-2007, 11:09 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JJC
Tim,

Run the wider bar on the rear and the narrower one on the front.

Fine choice of chassis by the way

Jez
That sounds right mate but that would mean the rear roll bar is thicker than the front is that right??
Old 09-10-2007, 12:24 PM
JJC
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by tim fry
That sounds right mate but that would mean the rear roll bar is thicker than the front is that right??
Yes run the thicker bronze colour bar on the rear. Sounds wrong, but I ended up removing the front bar altogether and just ran with the rear one as the rear of the car just generates sooooo much grip
Old 09-10-2007, 02:24 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Sleighty
Yeh please do post some pics as im going to try do this mod.

do you have a method for setting the belt tension? any way to know whether its set correctly?

thanks
i will post some pics tomorrow!!

Here is what i've done!! I removed the pinion from the motor and also removed the front belt from the center pulleys , only the rearpart of the transmission and set the belt tension at a point that it wouldn't be harder to move the rear wheels than when it is set to the loosest point. i did the same for the front and then i put it together!! i also have tighten the center tensioner!!

Originally Posted by mwoods
hi did u do front and back or just the front.
both pulleys and also used one way for 6 batteries and spool for 4 batteries , and no problem with slipping or anything!!
Old 09-11-2007, 03:49 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by John Pape
Do both the front and rear pulleys.

Belt tension will not alter, when using the bomber belts you do have to check the tension more often as they do stretch.

The spacers in the shock are there for 2 reasons, 1 is that without the spacer they would just be too long. Also without the spacer you would have waaaay too much pressure due to the amount of travel the piston would have when fully compressing the shock.

I am working on some pics of the front hub assembly.

wouldnt setting your droop screws do the same thing as the spacers in the shocks? meaing it will limit the amount of travel of the piston since you are effectively limiting how far out the piston extends out of the shock? just wondering ....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.