Wiki Posts
Search

Yokomo MR4TC-BD

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2005, 10:54 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Matt Howard
I thought Tom was in Idaho? Is he moving to Nebraska now too?
He's always been in Nebraska.
Old 07-07-2005, 09:18 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rc-zombies
same parts your using...but I didn't not shave down the CVD's. I guess it doesn't matter now... no longer have the BD.
Who would dare take your BD from you?
Old 07-07-2005, 05:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Just picked up my BD last night, is there anything I need to look out for when building it? Any tips to get a little more out of the car at all?

What is the procedure for soaking the belts? I assume a small tub and WD40 sprayed into the bottom to form a puddle and cover the belt will do the trick?

How are the kit bearings? I am going to soak them in Shellite to clean out the grease and re-oil them with royal-oil - or is there a better procedure?

On that subject, I bought a set of Yokomo Ceramics for my CGM but apart from thier smoothness I found them to be very fragile and thier races would break or they would simply fall apart. Are there any other brands of ceramic bearings with a similar smoothness that dont break as easily? (Yes, I hit a few corners now and then )
Old 07-07-2005, 05:17 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by v0rtex
Just picked up my BD last night, is there anything I need to look out for when building it? Any tips to get a little more out of the car at all?

What is the procedure for soaking the belts? I assume a small tub and WD40 sprayed into the bottom to form a puddle and cover the belt will do the trick?

How are the kit bearings? I am going to soak them in Shellite to clean out the grease and re-oil them with royal-oil - or is there a better procedure?

On that subject, I bought a set of Yokomo Ceramics for my CGM but apart from thier smoothness I found them to be very fragile and thier races would break or they would simply fall apart. Are there any other brands of ceramic bearings with a similar smoothness that dont break as easily? (Yes, I hit a few corners now and then )
dont CUT OFF anything on the bearing holders. i posted this several pages back.

everything else sounds good!
Old 07-07-2005, 06:27 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ROBORAT
..... i also noticed that masami uses the lower mounting holes in the c-hubs. what does that do? .......
does anyone here have an answer to this question? i would really appreciate any inputs. its always a big help when you get to understand what all these little things do to make this car go faster. thanks!

Last edited by ROBORAT; 07-07-2005 at 07:10 PM.
Old 07-07-2005, 06:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default BD SPOOL/Fixed Center

Hello! Is someone using the BD with Locked Center Pulley and Spool in MOd?
Could you kindy please post of PM your set up?

I'm currently running a spool with a center one way, aside from being able to brake stronger, what changes will happen when turning if I changed to a fixed center pulley?

Thank You Very Much! Lem
Old 07-07-2005, 07:12 PM
Tech Champion

lem: the fixed center pulley will give you slightly more turn in/off power steering compared to using the center one way.
Old 07-07-2005, 07:18 PM
Tech Champion

does anyone here have an answer to this question? i would really appreciate any inputs. its always a big help when you get to understand what all these little things do to make this car go faster. thanks!
If you use the lower holes you have to space the steering knuckle down. This changes (raises slightly) the rollcenter of the front end usually giving the feeling of less steering.
Old 07-07-2005, 07:34 PM
Tech Champion

thanks matt! but can i just make sure i am getting it right. using the lower hole is what actually raises the roll center right? that being the case, is mounting the steering knuckle down done to offset that? so doesn't that bring you back to where you would be if you ran use the upper hole on the hub then space the knuckle up? pardon my ignorance ... i also notice that masami isn't using the spacers under the front arm mounts ... that should lower his roll center again right?
Old 07-07-2005, 09:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

since we're on the topic of steering, i have the opposite problem of roborat... my BD has tremedous initial/turn-in, but lacking the on-power steering that i'm looking for... any suggestions?

thanks - jason
Old 07-07-2005, 10:18 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by highwayman
since we're on the topic of steering, i have the opposite problem of roborat... my BD has tremedous initial/turn-in, but lacking the on-power steering that i'm looking for... any suggestions?

thanks - jason
Decrease castor.
Old 07-07-2005, 10:44 PM
Tech Champion

thanks matt! but can i just make sure i am getting it right. using the lower hole is what actually raises the roll center right? that being the case, is mounting the steering knuckle down done to offset that? so doesn't that bring you back to where you would be if you ran use the upper hole on the hub then space the knuckle up? pardon my ignorance ... i also notice that masami isn't using the spacers under the front arm mounts ... that should lower his roll center again right?
It's a small change but do one side of the suspension one way and the other side the other way and you can see a bit of a difference between them. Yes, if he's not running any spacers it would lower it a bit. I'm not 100% convinced one way gives more steering than the other but they do feel different to me.
Old 07-07-2005, 11:40 PM
Tech Champion

matt: thanks for all the info. it is all highly appreciated. i will try these tweaks out and see how it turns out. but its good that now i have an idea of what these little adjustments do.... but if anything, those little things do make a world of difference somtimes. especially when talking about "feel" right now my car is ok, but i just don't feel exactly comfortable with it. anyway, this is all good and the info is a big help indeed! hope you don't mind all the questions ...

hwman: its coz of that stratus 3 you are using!

Last edited by ROBORAT; 07-07-2005 at 11:55 PM.
Old 07-07-2005, 11:51 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by lem2
Hello! Is someone using the BD with Locked Center Pulley and Spool in MOd?
Could you kindy please post of PM your set up?

I'm currently running a spool with a center one way, aside from being able to brake stronger, what changes will happen when turning if I changed to a fixed center pulley?

Thank You Very Much! Lem
Lem. I ran the car for the last race of our season in a 23 turn class and used one ways. Since then i have run modifieds 8s and 7s and have locked the centre pulley and use a spool. The car is brilliant. I just can't believe the lap times I'm doing.

Set up is very straight forward. I'll see if I can mail you a set up sheet.

Re C hub lower holes. I have always run my Yokes in the lower holes.
Old 07-08-2005, 04:12 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by johnbull
Lem. I ran the car for the last race of our season in a 23 turn class and used one ways. Since then i have run modifieds 8s and 7s and have locked the centre pulley and use a spool. The car is brilliant. I just can't believe the lap times I'm doing.

Set up is very straight forward. I'll see if I can mail you a set up sheet.

Re C hub lower holes. I have always run my Yokes in the lower holes.
Thank You!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.