Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Yokomo MR4TC-BD

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2005, 08:39 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

BD Gurus: dunno if this has been discussed before but i'll ask it anyway ... does anyone know what flipping over the ballstuds in the bell crank and steering arms does in terms of handling for the BD? here's a pic of masami's ride in the just concluded reedy race of asia in HK which shows him having his steering set up that way.
Old 07-03-2005, 08:49 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Talking

My BD was once again great to to drive today except for the occasional o-e ballcup popping off, body tucks, axle pin breaking, getting hacked, oh did I forget to mention hitting the pipes No really I'm having ALOT of fun with this car and today was just -ONE OF THOSE DAYS
IT'S ALL GOOD... -JB
Old 07-04-2005, 12:41 PM
Tech Regular

I posted it on the MR-4TC SD yet but I think a few guys who own a BD don't look in there... So I'll post it here, too.

Hi,

I'm planning to make some aluminium diff outdrives and aluminium spools.
At the moment I'm making the CAD drawings and I think I will make the first few parts by the end of this week or the beginning of next week.
Is anyone of you interested in this parts?

Cheers
Chris
Old 07-04-2005, 01:10 PM
Tech Adept

Guys, a 3mm capet chassis is available for the BD you can find pics here:

www.rc-touring.net (scroll down to middle of page)

email orders: [email protected]

I am not a BD owner but I thought Id let you know!
Old 07-04-2005, 04:05 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ROBORAT
BD Gurus: dunno if this has been discussed before but i'll ask it anyway ... does anyone know what flipping over the ballstuds in the bell crank and steering arms does in terms of handling for the BD? here's a pic of masami's ride in the just concluded reedy race of asia in HK which shows him having his steering set up that way.
i think as matt howard and randy stated earlier. putting them at the bottom will affect bump steer. it will give you more initial turn in, but take away mid/exit steering. (fellas correct me if im wrong on that one ) also, move it all the way forward on the steering plate will give you more turn and less exit steering (affects ackerman)
Old 07-04-2005, 04:34 PM
Tech Champion

Fellas, two questions:
#1- How does the Direct drive main gear adapter affect the the cars drivetrain and handling and...
#2- Are the Front Hardened Unis a direct fit or do I have to shave the ball end? -JB
Old 07-04-2005, 04:51 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JayBee
Fellas, two questions:
#1- How does the Direct drive main gear adapter affect the the cars drivetrain and handling and...
#2- Are the Front Hardened Unis a direct fit or do I have to shave the ball end? -JB
2. nope not a direct fit and yes you need to shave down the end all the way even with the pin so they fit. from there, you wont have any further problems. very durable!

Part #: ZS-010FH
Online: http://www.speedtechrc.com/store/ebp...id=240&id=1235
Old 07-04-2005, 07:12 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JayBee
Fellas, two questions:
Using the direct center pulley will give you more turn in steering.
Old 07-04-2005, 11:03 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Randy Caster
Using the direct center pulley will give you more turn in steering.
Randy there's always a positive and negative effect, so what's the downside? -JB
Old 07-04-2005, 11:07 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Hebiki
Thanks Hebiki.
I have a couple sets of those but I guess I'll wait until my IRS 'Big Dawg' bones bend or break -JB
Old 07-05-2005, 12:21 AM
Tech Master

Has anybody tried that 3 mm chassis kit yet ?

I can't say I've had any problems with my kit chassis but would be interested to hear what new developements there are to make the BD even better than the best car it already is.

I get such a thrill every time I drive mine. Even with totally worn tyres it seems to handle the power without much difficulty. And the greatest thing is that it feels right every time - no tweeking and sulking like some other cars.

I recently rebuilt my CGM with the 3.4mm chassis I had cut a while ago. I set it up exactly the same as the BD, and I'm glad to say that it handles just as well too. I can do identical lap times with both.

Of course, everything is relative; I'll be 59 next month, so I can't expect the same lap times as the youngsters, but the fact that I'm lapping in the same second just proved how good the cars really are.
Old 07-05-2005, 06:45 AM
Tech Regular

From our testing, the 3mm chassis does just what it is supposed to do.
ie, make the car more consistant in high bite situations, increase corner speeds that are lost when the chassis flexs too much.
Two really good things!

Matt should be able to shed some more light on this shortly.
Old 07-05-2005, 02:16 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jimnew
From our testing, the 3mm chassis does just what it is supposed to do.
ie, make the car more consistant in high bite situations, increase corner speeds that are lost when the chassis flexs too much.
Two really good things!

Matt should be able to shed some more light on this shortly.
It's still gonna be a month before I'm back in the states though, and you gotta give me a couple weeks to get settled in before my better half lets me out racing
Old 07-05-2005, 04:11 PM
Tech Regular

Matt did you get orders yet?
Old 07-05-2005, 05:36 PM
Tech Champion

This has prolly been covered before but just a heads up to all those who want to use the IRS TC3/TC4 'Big Dawg' bones or the TC4 stock bones:
Be SURE to get the TC3/TC4 outdrives; the slots are bigger to accomodate the pin cushions. And...
If you're using MIP rear bones-n-axles in Pro4 delrin outdrives:
Be SURE to shave the ball-end down almost to the pin on the short half of the outdrives.
After that, you should have some nice looking, hopped-up differentials -JB

Last edited by JayBee; 09-12-2008 at 09:30 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.