Wiki Posts
Search

Hot Bodies Cyclone

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2007, 09:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Twiztid Rock
Anyone here hear of anyone ever missing parts from a Cyclone kit? I bought a kit from Stormer Hobbies, opened it today and there was stuff missing. It was a sealed box, but it was missing:

The Chassis, Shock Towers, Upper Deck (all other Carbon Fiber parts also missing.)

Missing Bag C and G as well. What gives with this?
The kit my son won at the IIC last year was missing those exact parts minus the main chassis. Since we got it directly from HPI, they replaced the parts. They said normally, it would be handled through the LHS. I just built my Stormer purchased one and it had everything.
Old 03-14-2007, 09:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

does any one know where i can find a lrp sr???? i had one recomended by a racer for racing stock class because its super punchy for racing in 27 turn stock class.

thanks
Old 03-14-2007, 09:32 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BlackedOutREVO
does any one know where i can find a lrp sr???? i had one recomended by a racer for racing stock class because its super punchy for racing in 27 turn stock class.

thanks
keyence is a great esc!!
Old 03-14-2007, 10:03 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Anyone here hear of anyone ever missing parts from a Cyclone kit? I bought a kit from Stormer Hobbies, opened it today and there was stuff missing. It was a sealed box, but it was missing:

The Chassis, Shock Towers, Upper Deck (all other Carbon Fiber parts also missing.)

Missing Bag C and G as well. What gives with this?

Stormer is sending me a new kit, but it won't be here for over a week from now. HPI/Hot Bodies was NO help. They told me my only option was to do what the hobby shop wants me to do. This really sucks. I was looking foward to putting it together tonight, but no chance of that now. The kit comes next week, so I need to put it together just days before the race I bought it for, and now have no chance to practice with it. I haven't raced much at all in the last year and a half so I need the pratice, but now I have to go into my race rusty, and cold.
its happened inthe past. hpi customer support is really great about it..... give them a call and explain your situation.
Old 03-14-2007, 10:41 AM
Tech Adept

I'm planning to get a cyclone kit and can i transfer all the parts from the cyclone to a cyclone s tub chassis? do i need to drill any aditionla hole or will it fit without hassle? prefers tub over cf deck
Old 03-14-2007, 11:22 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by jino86
I'm planning to get a cyclone kit and can i transfer all the parts from the cyclone to a cyclone s tub chassis? do i need to drill any aditionla hole or will it fit without hassle? prefers tub over cf deck
parts will fit
Old 03-14-2007, 01:10 PM
Tech Regular

hey guys, somebody could please tell me the part number to convert my old cyclone into a andy moore edition?
im in trouble with part numbers
tks alot
Old 03-14-2007, 01:11 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by piorc
hey guys, somebody could please tell me the part number to convert my old cyclone into a andy moore edition?
im in trouble with part numbers
tks alot
http://www.speedtechrc.com/store/ebp...?catmainid=535
Old 03-14-2007, 06:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I was going over Larry Fairtrace setup sheet from snowbirds and I am having a difficult time reading the note on the pdf sheet listed in the front and rear section.

All I can get is bmi topdeck and tower....I tried to scroll over and it just jumbles everything.

Any help?

Thanks

jamie
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
cyclone.pdf (369.4 KB, 193 views)
Old 03-14-2007, 06:59 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by senna555
I was going over Larry Fairtrace setup sheet from snowbirds and I am having a difficult time reading the note on the pdf sheet listed in the front and rear section.

All I can get is bmi topdeck and tower....I tried to scroll over and it just jumbles everything.

Any help?

Thanks

jamie
BMI Tower Between holes 2 and 3

BMI Chassis, Towers and Topdeck
Old 03-14-2007, 07:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kris Preisinger
its happened inthe past. hpi customer support is really great about it..... give them a call and explain your situation.
If HPI has been great about this in the past, then why did they give me the cold shoulder? I was told they can do nothing for me. Not a thing, they had no answers for me, no possible help they could give me. They didn't offer to replace my parts, when I asked them to, they told me no. I don't know why, but I was treated like a newbie, not someone who has owned a good number of HPI kits over the last 7 years.
Old 03-14-2007, 07:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

hey guys, how do u get ur antenna to the mount? i noteced its VERY clone to the belt where the manuel tells u to put it... where are u guys putting the mount? and any like shrink tube on it or anything?
Old 03-14-2007, 07:49 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

If HPI has been great about this in the past, then why did they give me the cold shoulder? I was told they can do nothing for me. Not a thing, they had no answers for me, no possible help they could give me. They didn't offer to replace my parts, when I asked them to, they told me no. I don't know why, but I was treated like a newbie, not someone who has owned a good number of HPI kits over the last 7 years.

i think someone mentioned it - stormer is the middle man they are expected to take care of it with HPI rather than the end customer? I think stormer should be able to help you out by exchanging the kit, at the very least.
Old 03-14-2007, 07:51 PM
jaz
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BlackedOutREVO
hey guys, how do u get ur antenna to the mount? i noteced its VERY clone to the belt where the manuel tells u to put it... where are u guys putting the mount? and any like shrink tube on it or anything?
I haven't had any problems at all with the antenna wire rubbing on the belt with the antenna post in the stock location from the manual. If you do have problems, just use the same stock position but put a spacer under the antenna post.
Old 03-14-2007, 07:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kris Preisinger
i think someone mentioned it - stormer is the middle man they are expected to take care of it with HPI rather than the end customer? I think stormer should be able to help you out by exchanging the kit, at the very least.
Stormer is swaping out the kit, but at the cost of my time. It takes 8 days to get to me. On top of that, instead of getting it out to me yesterday, meaning it would be here next Wed. they sent it today, so I won't get it until Thursday. Any slight problem with UPS, or another little problem, and I will not have my kit in time for my race. Now I really have to slap this thing together fast to get it ready, and that is not what I want to do. It's not my mistake, but I am paying for it. At the same time, it is not Stormers fault either, but it has to go through them.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.