the shocks are TECH Racing's
the shock towers are look like TAMIYA's

but ,,,,,, it's a nice car !
Old 02-18-2005, 01:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by rayhuang
Geez-Ian-what a buzzkill!!

YOur right!! We cannot beat a good old fashioned TC3 at the Gate. Though the Xray did dominate the Gate for a few months.
I tell ya Ray, I hate the TC3 but it proves my point perfectly. A well sorted "OLD" platform can be far better than a new platform if properly evolved. That is of cousre, barring a major technological, or mechanical innovation, (interpretation of last statement= JRX-S!!!)
Old 02-18-2005, 02:01 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

It looks like a great car. Just hope it dosen't cost an arm and a leg.
Old 02-18-2005, 02:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by CypressMidWest
Of course the PRO 4 must need to be replaced, there were more of them in the A at the worlds than any other car, but it didn't win.
With that logic, AE must be working on the TC5 already, they had just one car in the A.

Don't be hatin' guys (as Barry would say). If you don't like it, don't buy it and beat it with the car you have now!
Old 02-18-2005, 04:01 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

I want one..
Old 02-18-2005, 04:11 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally posted by Frank McKinney
With that logic, AE must be working on the TC5 already, they had just one car in the A.

Watch out for the TC4.5 due out mid summer......

This car looks sharp....if I raced on rubber tires I would think about getting one.
Old 02-18-2005, 04:19 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Thats what I'm looking at,Out here in Ca. we dont run much carpet,so it's outdoor asphalt..most of the time parking lots,so some flex is not a bad thing.
Old 02-18-2005, 04:40 PM
Tech Master

Because we are so clever (humans) and we have made giant leaps in the last couple of years (10) there isnt really much more physically that we can do to make a car faster as far as the chassis layouts are concerned. All we can really do with our current technology is make it stronger and easy to work on, more adjusable maybe. but at the end of the day all cars that are top end. Tamiya TRf 415s, Xrays, Pro 4s are never all going to be "Dialed" in to its fullest potention on any one track. for instance i bet at the snowbirds all of the cars in the A-final could of had a small adjustment that would have made them faster....

we should be concentrating on finding the optimum setup for the cars we have than designing new cars that LOOK FAST.
Old 02-18-2005, 05:00 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

pheyhoe - I agree about your chassis layout statements. Cars will look very similar from now on. However, we are still far from fully understanding the suspension systems of our cars. Only some of what has been learned by full scale suspension engineers apply to our model cars. Even a stock powered sedan accomplishes handling feats suspension engineers only dream their full size cars could do...and we have just scratched the surface.
Old 02-18-2005, 05:41 PM
Tech Elite

Back to the subject......

....this car is probably going to be the Pro 5. It is the Pro 4 with a belt drivetrain. And just like HPI they didn't change every part of the car for the new layout. Just the main concepts.

This might be the carpet design for HPI. The Pro 4 hasn't done well this carpet season. But it is an awesome car on asphalt. The upper deck will be changed, and these are only prototype pics.
Old 02-18-2005, 06:11 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

ELi and PUlfer might disagree with your assesment on carpet. But seriousely-expectations are tough. Everyone (myself included) wanted the Pro4 to be faster than the TC3 right out of the box with a hot TC3 set-up on it. For many it wasnt. Looking back I know things that might have closed the gap-but who knows now.

Sadly-if it looks like a RDX or a 415-people will expect it to handle like one and win like one too.
Old 02-18-2005, 06:20 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Its not going to be called the Pro 5...its not an HPI
Old 02-18-2005, 06:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (92%+)

i know right now that hara is still using his Pro4. and most of the other hpi/hot bodys drivers are using the new prototype.

mabe hara dosent like the new car.
Old 02-18-2005, 06:46 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally posted by murfy
i know right now that hara is still using his Pro4. and most of the other hpi/hot bodys drivers are using the new prototype.

mabe hara dosent like the new car.
I'm sure Hara likes the Pro4...but like other factory drivers he's always testing new things...

Hara and Surikarn are using the prototype at the 2005 Thailand International Touring Championship.

After two rounds or practice/quals...they are 1st and 2nd using these prototype Hotbodies cars.

Old 02-18-2005, 07:22 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by AdrianM
Its not going to be called the Pro 5...its not an HPI
And who owns HB?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.