Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hot Bodies Cyclone

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2009, 10:07 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 87 (99%+)

ok gusy iv got a TC coming i was womdering id there is anythin i shud watch 4 as i build it

the last cyclone i built was the Original black car and i know there were a few minor sports that needed attention just wondering it there is anythin dramatic 2 watch 4
Old 01-15-2009, 10:47 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Korey Harbke

Hope that helps!!!

-Korey
Yes....... Thank you Korey it did help !!!
Old 01-15-2009, 12:35 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by STLNLST
Set up posted at www.gearchart.com Take a look and let me know what you think. It's posted under Sean Williams.
Hi STLNLST ,

Do you have a picture of the track you ran on , because the setup is under a open track and im running on a meduim-tight track , and also , was the rear end of your car sliding a bit trough chicanes or at the exit of the corner , thanks if you could answer me , i appreciate , thank you.
Old 01-15-2009, 12:39 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cyclone speed
Hi STLNLST ,

Do you have a picture of the track you ran on , because the setup is under a open track and im running on a meduim-tight track , and also , was the rear end of your car sliding a bit trough chicanes or at the exit of the corner , thanks if you could answer me , i appreciate , thank you.
Car was planted. No sliding. You can find pics of the track at www.amainhobbies.com click on the track portion of the website. The pics on there are not of the current layout though.
Old 01-15-2009, 01:30 PM
Tech Addict

Car was planted. No sliding. You can find pics of the track at www.amainhobbies.com click on the track portion of the website. The pics on there are not of the current layout though.
So i might try the setup at the track on sunday but ive been told that less shims under the pivot blocks will produce more grip , is it true , because if it is the track must have been really really really high grip , and also what is the effect of more shims under the pivot blocks ?
Thanks
Old 01-15-2009, 02:21 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by cyclone speed
So i might try the setup at the track on sunday but ive been told that less shims under the pivot blocks will produce more grip , is it true , because if it is the track must have been really really really high grip , and also what is the effect of more shims under the pivot blocks ?
Thanks
The track was high grip. Try the set up out first before you make changes.
Old 01-15-2009, 05:27 PM
Tech Regular

No...Got me a blue car now.

In what? The car or the plate or both
What are you prejudice against black cars???
Old 01-15-2009, 05:29 PM
Tech Regular

There's going to be a black cyclone with hop up's and spares for sale by the weekend. If anyone is interested in a PPD tweak plate I'll have that for sale as well.
Will it fit a TC5??
Old 01-15-2009, 07:21 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

I will PM you once I take all my electrics out and get the parts together.
Sounds good!
Old 01-15-2009, 07:50 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Team STPN
Will it fit a TC5??
No but you can get a TC5 one from the company. The plate just sold though. Art swooped on it I saved on shipping
Old 01-16-2009, 12:59 AM
Tech Addict

The track was high grip. Try the set up out first before you make changes.
Ok , i will try the setup , thank .
Old 01-16-2009, 02:20 AM
Tech Adept

hi!

just recently bought the bottom of the range cyclone (u no the full plastic pre built kit) just as a thrasher for when im not at the track and for some reason cant get any gear mesh wat so ever

the motor is a 540 the spur is that which came with the car and i first tried a 33 tooth pinion.... no mesh now just bought a bigger pinion....NO MESH and no matter how i position twist and turn the motor im still mm's away

ive also dremeled the housing to move the motor a lil closer and still NO MESH!!!!!!

can anyone please help
Old 01-16-2009, 03:52 AM
Tech Adept

Hello!!

Please, were I find tha body to buy

i search in a lot off stores but i dont find.

is that a subaru body??
Old 01-16-2009, 07:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC=Realy_Costly
hi!

just recently bought the bottom of the range cyclone (u no the full plastic pre built kit) just as a thrasher for when im not at the track and for some reason cant get any gear mesh wat so ever

the motor is a 540 the spur is that which came with the car and i first tried a 33 tooth pinion.... no mesh now just bought a bigger pinion....NO MESH and no matter how i position twist and turn the motor im still mm's away

ive also dremeled the housing to move the motor a lil closer and still NO MESH!!!!!!

can anyone please help

Hi there

the internal ratio of the cyclone S is 2.44 if I aint mistaken.... that should help you reach anywhere between more or less 5.0 (yes I've done it) to 10-ish+ fdr if you use the proper spur/pinion combo. For my 10.5-powered hara Ed (same architecture as your S) I run 6.8 fdr, which if I remember well is obtained thru a 28 pinion and a 78 spur (yes I'm an old fart who runs 48DP because I absolutely HATE adjusting mesh with 64DP)... and there is a lot of space to mesh tighter or disconnect the pinion from the spur.

Check your spur's size. maybe you got like an 85 or something as a mistake... But I'm more enclined to think you use the wrong holes in the motor can. You should use diametrally opposed holes (there are two sets of them). This is likely the source of your problem (on top of using a relatively small pinion).

Paul
Old 01-16-2009, 12:12 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Coldn
Hello!!

Please, were I find tha body to buy

i search in a lot off stores but i dont find.

is that a subaru body??
this race was lose so don't release !
no selling point !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.