Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hot Bodies Cyclone

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2005, 02:37 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Mr. Shookie
belts have to stock up on pulleys, belts center shaft, shims and more shims.
I have more shims on my BD than my LCG...really what makes a belt drive better or worse is the easy of getting to the stuff...well at least for the BD.

Not unless you drive a PRO 4...J/K I rarely need to shange gears. I have plenty but if you shim everything right and don't hit all the time you don't mess the gears up. I have been using the same spur gear for 6 months (reminds me I should get a new one) on my SD. It really comes down to driver.
Axel I think you are going through what I did a couple of months ago.
You are seeing all your buds and all the guys smokin' you at the track all driving a belt and you assume a belt is the reason. More times it is driver rather than car. I know if I can turn just consistant laps I can be in the top 10 everytime. It is all in practice and what you prefer. I prefer both so I have both. I like shaft for stock and belt for 19T and mod.
But to wiat around for your car should be fun...I know when Yokomo said a new belt car was coming I was excited up to the very day it came out, Only got upset because I found out that they were in country and I still couldn't get my mud grubbers on it....LOL
You will either be very suprised or very disapointed. I was surprised but more from the supreme fit and finish of the BD.
Car is great too. LOL
Stephen <><
. It's funny about the "seeing people with belt cars". I usaully like my own car even more at the track! . It's usually when i go through days without touching my car do i feel the need to get a new one. Yesterday i could have done alot better if i had atleast one practice run. My only real practice was my second heat. My first heat i had motor trouble. I managed to do alright for my first time touching the track. Then in the main i got bumped when i was leading, which caused me to place last. I just think belt cars are more efficient and smoother. But for stock your right about shaft( I race stock by the way).

Anyways, Mr. Shookie you know what it's like to want to have a new car.

ps: I liked being the only person with a pro4 at the track, made me feel different then the rest of the racers *cough Xray t1fk05 cough*
Old 06-06-2005, 02:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by axel

ps: I liked being the only person with a pro4 at the track, made me feel different then the rest of the racers *cough Xray t1fk05 cough*
YUP YUP
But down here in Southern Cali it is *COUGH Corally and Losi COUGH*
Still I do have a couple of real cool guys even though they drive one of those who always help out this glorified rookie myself.
Take Care & GOD Bless,
Stephen <><
By the way the Cyclone looked awesome when I heald it in my mud grubbers...LOL Very simular to the BD but black and purple... You will have an advantage since you already have the suspension understood from the pro 4.
Old 06-06-2005, 02:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

axel: do you race asphalt or carpet? and how big is the track?
Old 06-06-2005, 02:52 PM
Tech Master

I race both and all the tracks vary.
Old 06-06-2005, 02:56 PM
Tech Master

By the way the Cyclone looked awesome when I heald it in my mud grubbers...LOL Very simular to the BD but black and purple... You will have an advantage since you already have the suspension understood from the pro 4.
I hope they keep the same pro4 suspenion on the cyclone though...you never know what they might change . Your so lucky you were able to see it person!
Old 06-06-2005, 02:58 PM
Tech Elite

for carpet and smaller tracks i would say stick with the Pro 4. the shaft gives ya the good torque and response you need onthose tracks. for the larger tracks belts work a little better. also if you have built you car to HARA or 05 spec the thin chassis and top plate will work great for aspahlt. all in all if your going to race small and large, asphalt and carpet, a mix of cars really cant hurt.

seeing how i dont think the pro4 is going to have a converson to the Cyclone because the cars are so different i would look into getting both if you have the money. that is what i am working on. my pro4 for small carpet, and i am either going to get a RDX or maybe the cyclone for the big out door track i race at. but i might not because i just got the pro4 and once i get some of the Hara stuff it might be a great asphalt car.

my 2 cents
Old 06-06-2005, 02:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by axel

. It's funny about the "seeing people with belt cars". I usaully like my own car even more at the track! . It's usually when i go through days without touching my car do i feel the need to get a new one. Yesterday i could have done alot better if i had atleast one practice run. My only real practice was my second heat. My first heat i had motor trouble. I managed to do alright for my first time touching the track. Then in the main i got bumped when i was leading, which caused me to place last. I just think belt cars are more efficient and smoother. But for stock your right about shaft( I race stock by the way).

Hey Axel.This Is John the race director at Hobbytown Fremont and San jose.I don't remember you leading your race yesterday.BTW,there is a reason there are so many Xrays out there.They are fast.Don't hate.

See you at the races.
Old 06-06-2005, 03:01 PM
Tech Champion

YUP YUP

I should re-anodize my BD to purple and bolt on my pro4 suspsension and I bet I can pass it off as a cyclone...
Old 06-06-2005, 03:02 PM
Tech Elite

o one more thing axel that iforgot, if you have never driven a belt car you might have a hard time with one so dont get rid of the pro4. i know a few guys that have belts for years and tryed to make the switch to shaft and htey had a hard time. i havent driven a belt yet so i might have the same problem just saying if you et a belt done toss your shaft because you may not like it
Old 06-06-2005, 03:07 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by fjm9898
o one more thing axel that iforgot, if you have never driven a belt car you might have a hard time with one so dont get rid of the pro4. i know a few guys that have belts for years and tryed to make the switch to shaft and htey had a hard time. i havent driven a belt yet so i might have the same problem just saying if you et a belt done toss your shaft because you may not like it

from my Pro4 to the BD... transition was easy.
Old 06-06-2005, 03:09 PM
Tech Elite

well i didnt say everyone has that problem just said i knew a few guys that did and to be careful cuz one had to go buy another car because he was having so many problems
Old 06-06-2005, 03:13 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rc-zombies
I should re-anodize my BD to purple and bolt on my pro4 suspsension and I bet I can pass it off as a cyclone...
You do that & I will personally place my foot ....(breath Mr. Shookie Breath...Happy thoughts happy thoughts....It was a joke)...LOL
But for real...You know that blue is faster....Heck even AE blue is faster than Purple...J/K
Stephen <><
Old 06-06-2005, 03:18 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by fjm9898
Well actually my first car was a xxx-s... but that was mainly for drifting, and that was a year ago. Plus i never took it apart and tried to know the car.
But i'm pretty sure the transition won't be that difficult...hopefully .
Old 06-06-2005, 03:31 PM
Tech Champion

You do that & I will personally place my foot ....(breath Mr. Shookie Breath...Happy thoughts happy thoughts....It was a joke)...LOL
But for real...You know that blue is faster....Heck even AE blue is faster than Purple...J/K
Stephen <><
I did have a Blue Pro3. and it was definately Fast.
Old 06-06-2005, 03:40 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rc-zombies
I did have a Blue Pro3. and it was definately Fast.
See I told you....better stick with the BD or either that or have the cyclone parts made blue...But then again your righ tback where you started.
LOL
Stephen <><

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.