Wiki Posts
Search

Hot Bodies Cyclone

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2006, 09:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JoeyE
Last night I bought the front spool($34!). It works great with the stock bones. At least for now
After snapping the axle on my TIR CVD's with the spool in and bending the original aluminum bones, I went ahead and took the advice on the Tamiya universal 42mm steel bones. They seem to work perfect and haven't bent so far. The other advantage is that they're pretty cheap ($13 for the set) compared to $18 a piece for the TIR axles!
Old 01-14-2006, 09:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nordheim
After snapping the axle on my TIR CVD's with the spool in and bending the original aluminum bones, I went ahead and took the advice on the Tamiya universal 42mm steel bones. They seem to work perfect and haven't bent so far. The other advantage is that they're pretty cheap ($13 for the set) compared to $18 a piece for the TIR axles!
Do you have the part number for the TAMIYA bones? Thanks~! Direct fir with the Cyclone outdrive?
Old 01-14-2006, 10:13 PM
Tech Master

Yep, it's a direct fit with the Cyclone outdrives. Part number is TA-53501. Tower has them and RcModel has them too.
http://shopping.rcmodel.hk/product_i...oducts_id=1411

Do you have the part number for the TAMIYA bones? Thanks~! Direct fir with the Cyclone outdrive?
Old 01-15-2006, 02:09 AM
Tech Regular

recently tir seem to have been going through a bad batch of products, last year i know people that were running lower turn motors than 12 with them and that they were hardly wearing atall (in a different car). but recently i know people that have been running them in 27t and the pins wear out after a few weeks. i think that you should contact tir directly and ask them about this problem.
Old 01-15-2006, 03:30 AM
Tech Initiate

[/QUOTE]
Use the Tamiya outdrive ...fit better with dem
Old 01-15-2006, 03:53 AM
Tech Adept

Do you have a link to them ? can you buy it at rcmodel ? a part nr. would be great also ?
Old 01-15-2006, 04:17 AM
Tech Addict

Despite the problems with people have been having with the TIR CVDs I still think they are the best you can get by far. Yes I did break an axle on mine with the Pro 4, but I did get a free replacement, TIR stick by their products! You can break any part if you are going fast enough or if you hit something at the wrong angle, but all I know is that in the period of about 9 months in which I had my CVDs on the Pro 4 there was NO wear at all on the pin holes and they still ran as straight as new.
Old 01-15-2006, 09:45 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by protc3
Does this mean there will be a BMI chassis for the Cyclone?

[/QUOTE]

How soon will it be available? The carpet nats are coming up quick.
Old 01-15-2006, 09:46 AM
Tech Fanatic

Why bother with the Tamiya parts HB has their own harden steel pieces, I have been running the since day one with great success.

On an other durability related issue: I have been braking the heads off the ball studs lately, 4 in the past 2 races. Unhappy with their strength, or lack of, I wanted to buy the Ti ball ends the Square made, but are no longer available. SO I had to find an alternative, I searched the parts wall for anything that would work I ended up using Xray ball ends and Ball Joints (not exactly cheap) the part #’s are as follows:

30 3222 ball joint 5mm unidirectional – open
30 2650 5mm ball end with thread

For the steering bellcrank I’m using a 30 7454 5mm pivot ball double shoulder and a lond screw because the treads are too short on the ball ends to properly maintain the spacing for the ackerman setting. A big plus is that I can now use the outside setting on the rear hub because the joint/ball combo has a lower profile than the stock set up, even if you use Shumacher cups. Also the height of the Xray ball is identical to the HPI one so it wont change your roll center setting.
Old 01-15-2006, 09:55 AM
Tech Master

Because they're available in my LHS, which is not the case with the Cyclone steel pieces. The fit may be better if you have the Tamiya outdrives as well but it's hardly noticeable that they're a little shorter than the stock Cyclone bones.

Originally Posted by pucho
Why bother with the Tamiya parts HB has their own harden steel pieces, I have been running the since day one with great success.

On an other durability related issue: I have been braking the heads off the ball studs lately, 4 in the past 2 races. Unhappy with their strength, or lack of, I wanted to buy the Ti ball ends the Square made, but are no longer available. SO I had to find an alternative, I searched the parts wall for anything that would work I ended up using Xray ball ends and Ball Joints (not exactly cheap) the part #’s are as follows:

30 3222 ball joint 5mm unidirectional – open
30 2650 5mm ball end with thread

For the steering bellcrank I’m using a 30 7454 5mm pivot ball double shoulder and a lond screw because the treads are too short on the ball ends to properly maintain the spacing for the ackerman setting. A big plus is that I can now use the outside setting on the rear hub because the joint/ball combo has a lower profile than the stock set up, even if you use Shumacher cups. Also the height of the Xray ball is identical to the HPI one so it wont change your roll center setting.
Old 01-15-2006, 02:16 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

well,ran my cyclone for the first time today.what a joy it was.i ran layshaft and front one way.the car was on rails.tons of steering yet still stable.the car carried tons of speed through the coners and was extremely predictable.
I TQ'ed and won the A main in 19 turn and also won 1/12th. i am very happy with this car.however,i did slightly bend my front cvd.does anyone have the part # for these good cvd's that your talkin about?thanks in advance
Old 01-15-2006, 02:25 PM
Tech Adept

HotBodies steel front swing shafts #HB61043

unlike the alu shafts, which come as a single unit, the steels come in pairs
Old 01-15-2006, 03:15 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

thanks buddy
Old 01-15-2006, 03:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

well,ran my cyclone for the first time today.what a joy it was.i ran layshaft and front one way.the car was on rails.tons of steering yet still stable.the car carried tons of speed through the coners and was extremely predictable.
I TQ'ed and won the A main in 19 turn and also won 1/12th. i am very happy with this car.however,i did slightly bend my front cvd.does anyone have the part # for these good cvd's that your talkin about?thanks in advance
glad ur hvng fun with ur cyclone any guys got any stock set up with carpet i will post mines soon
Old 01-15-2006, 04:07 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

thanks buddy
Do I hear a nice chassis setup from BMI on this car!!!!!!!!!

Jason how does the car feel compared to some of the other touring cars you have ran in the past few months?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.