Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2006, 01:37 PM
HB
Tech Apprentice

hey pucho thanx for the info m8
Old 03-12-2006, 01:39 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

does anybodu knows who sells the 4.3x13 mm ball studs for the steering arms for the cyclone. i broke one in half last night and can not find them. thanks for the help.
chris
Old 03-12-2006, 01:44 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

try www.speedtechrc.com
Old 03-12-2006, 03:02 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I was going thru a ton of stering ball studs then a friend sugested I loosen off my servo saver so the threads are flush with the bottom of the nut havent broken one since
Old 03-12-2006, 04:27 PM
Tech Adept

Default Shells

Going to be getting one of these soon and wonder what shell would be the best for outside on tarmac running 19T? Aimed more at the UK drivers.

Thanks
Old 03-12-2006, 05:00 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by MadBrushRacing
Going to be getting one of these soon and wonder what shell would be the best for outside on tarmac running 19T? Aimed more at the UK drivers.

Thanks
Tony,

I think it will mainly be the Mazda6 or Stratus3 AP, maybe the Rayspeed Accord, although this is extremely stable.

If your not running to this seasons BRCA rules then a Ride Accord (can be found in the UK under GM packaging or from lots of overseas online shops) is an awesome body, the stock wing is pretty sketchy though, if you use Ride Accord try the Yokomo GW3.1 wingset you get 2 in the 3.1 set; straight wing more rear grip, curved more steering/rotation.

Stew
Old 03-12-2006, 10:19 PM
Tech Regular

in general, for asphalt outdoor, which is the best between front spool+center one-way and front spool and solid one-way?
Old 03-13-2006, 01:50 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Faiz
in general, for asphalt outdoor, which is the best between front spool+center one-way and front spool and solid one-way?
It depends on the track layout and your own driving style. If you like to brake hard and gun the car point to point, then go with the spool and locked center layshaft. If the track layout permits, and you are comfortable driving more "smoothly" a one-way will usually be the fastest.
Old 03-13-2006, 04:09 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Stew Noble
Tony,

I think it will mainly be the Mazda6 or Stratus3 AP, maybe the Rayspeed Accord, although this is extremely stable.

If your not running to this seasons BRCA rules then a Ride Accord (can be found in the UK under GM packaging or from lots of overseas online shops) is an awesome body, the stock wing is pretty sketchy though, if you use Ride Accord try the Yokomo GW3.1 wingset you get 2 in the 3.1 set; straight wing more rear grip, curved more steering/rotation.

Stew
yeah ride accord seems to be the ticket for rubber tires on asphalt.
you may also try the flap wings, those are apparently what HB team drivers use, or so i was told.

now that i've started running ride bodies, i find it painful to run protoform anymore
Old 03-13-2006, 04:13 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

make sure you get the right versin of the Ride Accord.
2 versions are available.
Type A: perfect for carpet.
Type B: Added downforce perfect for outdoor asphalt.

The YOkomo Accord I was told has similar handling charactericstics at the Ride Stratus MK-III.
Old 03-13-2006, 05:09 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by floodo1
yeah ride accord seems to be the ticket for rubber tires on asphalt.
you may also try the flap wings, those are apparently what HB team drivers use, or so i was told.

now that i've started running ride bodies, i find it painful to run protoform anymore
The Flap wings are pretty exteme, some times the HB drivers use them, the Type-R type (Hara use at TITC last year, i think Andy use in the UK BRCA series last year some times too) this wing is quite a narrow width, to conform to the old JMCRA rules and with its shape too, it gives lower rear end grip and excellent steering.

I did not really get on with this wing on Accord, a total treat on the Yokomo Type-E though, silly steering but this is another body thats not legal in the UK, i guess as its not been submitted.

Originally Posted by rc-zombies
The YOkomo Accord I was told has similar handling charactericstics at the Ride Stratus MK-III.
Thats because from the bonnet back the're the same

Stew
Old 03-13-2006, 10:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Theres a new accord type 2 body shell from excel. It handles just as good as ride.

High downforce wing EO-18

High speed wing straight EO-31

Hihgspeed curved

Old 03-14-2006, 01:40 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Faiz
Originally Posted by XrayFK
It depends on the track layout and your own driving style. If you like to brake hard and gun the car point to point, then go with the spool and locked center layshaft. If the track layout permits, and you are comfortable driving more "smoothly" a one-way will usually be the fastest.
one thing I might want to add from running a spool. the down side of running a spool is it would creates a lot of stress in the Drive train, in turn it would shorten the live expectancy of the drive train.
Old 03-14-2006, 11:00 AM
Tech Apprentice

regards the centre layshaft how much side to side movement is everyone factoring in ? do you guys give it no movement and pack it out with washers or do u leave a little movement and let it find its own postion whilst running ???
Old 03-14-2006, 11:12 AM
Tech Regular

Just adjust the rear laysgaft pulley,slide it across abit. Dont jam it up you want a little bit of movement from side to side,but not loads.

L8rz

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.