Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hot Bodies Cyclone

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2010, 04:23 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by ozvena
What is the thickest pack that can fit Cyclone S? It seems like less than 24mm. Any mods to fit 24-25mm packs other than getting a different car?
I got a SMC 5200 into mine after cutting down the side of the tub about an 1/8 inch and the bottom of the brace the same amount as others have done. Even after that it's still a tight fit.
Old 01-02-2010, 05:50 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by san.
The 2 year old TC(?), is still competitive IMO. Barry Baker just took 1st in Mod and 13.5 at the KO Propo Grand Prix, with Xray's Paul Lemieux taking 2nd with his T3.

I dont say cyclone TC isnt competitive. But i want to buy a car really up to date. Cyclone hasnt been design to use lipo. No transmission balance, Lipo chassis isnt from the official brand of the chassis, and you have to modifie some aluminium parts to fit lipo in hard case and maybe more i dont know

Beside this, cyclone is 2+years old when most of famous brand realise 1 chassis or up to date their chassis every year. I dont want to be pll who bought a new T2 009 3 weeks before the T3 came out because xray said nothing about it.

Give me a TC with all last parts, change transmission disposition and part for more balance and lipo use, a chassis with no hole for ni-mh cell and i will buy it.

sry for my poor english

Last edited by CoCoLapin; 01-02-2010 at 06:36 AM.
Old 01-02-2010, 07:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

CoCoLapin, why the rush? I guess not everyone has the "hobby budget" to buy a new car once a year. Are the other cars at your track getting that much faster, that you have to jump ship?

We have a race today with a few Xray's, one of which is a T3. I will post the results by tomorrow.

Take a look at my TC, no modification required to fit an IP 40C 5000mah Lipo Battery.

Note to self: Change front tires.
Attached Thumbnails Hot Bodies Cyclone-img00039-20100102-0957.jpg  
Old 01-02-2010, 10:36 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by san.
CoCoLapin, why the rush? I guess not everyone has the "hobby budget" to buy a new car once a year. Are the other cars at your track getting that much faster, that you have to jump ship?

We have a race today with a few Xray's, one of which is a T3. I will post the results by tomorrow.

Take a look at my TC, no modification required to fit an IP 40C 5000mah Lipo Battery.

Note to self: Change front tires.
any one got a good 17.5 set up on carpet rubber
Old 01-02-2010, 11:02 AM
Tech Initiate

I dont have TC yet cause i wait for month to buy one(i run CRC gen X10 atm)cause i am no satified with offer on the maket for the moment.

tamiya: i dont like blue
Xray: quite expensive and there are T2 / T3 everywhere.
Serpent: no support for parts.
Schumacher: i dont like design

I was interrested the most in the HB cyclone or the TOP photon.
For the photon it looks to be a pain to have parts and like i live in France i dont want to have to make multiple orders trought the world to obtain parts.

And cyclone is not up to date for lipo. I dont say to do a new car every years but like the cyclone isnt lipo optimised and lipo will be the norm to go. HB will realese soon or late an up date of the TC and i dont want to buy i car that will be replace soon.

Conclusion,I wait. And like someone told about a new HB touring car, i just come to take news.
Old 01-02-2010, 11:17 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CoCoLapin
I dont say cyclone TC isnt competitive. But i want to buy a car really up to date. Cyclone hasnt been design to use lipo. No transmission balance, Lipo chassis isnt from the official brand of the chassis, and you have to modifie some aluminium parts to fit lipo in hard case and maybe more i dont know

Beside this, cyclone is 2+years old when most of famous brand realise 1 chassis or up to date their chassis every year. I dont want to be pll who bought a new T2 009 3 weeks before the T3 came out because xray said nothing about it.

Give me a TC with all last parts, change transmission disposition and part for more balance and lipo use, a chassis with no hole for ni-mh cell and i will buy it.

sry for my poor english

Try the Exotek chassis, its the closest chassis to what you want at the moment
http://www41.instantestore.net/merch...po-chassis.cfm
Old 01-02-2010, 12:59 PM
Super Moderator

And cyclone is not up to date for lipo.
Cyclone S will take a 5000 and a 5200 Lipo from Thunderpower and SMC.
Cyclone TC has a new upperdeck/bulkhead to fit Bigger lipos as well.
Old 01-02-2010, 02:50 PM
Tech Regular

Default new weight limit

Ok this is sent out to the team as i have been playing around with my cyclone with the new 1425g weight limit and can't seem to quite find my normal pace at the moment. I am still back to reasonable pace but not where i would like to be. With my weight i have only 30 grams on lipo side with an ip so it fits in the nimh place and i have my receiver on the batt side to balance. But i have played with roll centres, shorter links, arm sweep, camber gain, different arms, balanced springs, shock positions, different additives. I havn't tried oil yet but im thinking that the car just works better with more weight!! What does the hpi/hotbodies team think?? If your answer is to detailed that suits me fine as i understand setup quite well its just unusual to be so dumbfounded.
Old 01-02-2010, 07:01 PM
Tech Regular

I dont have TC yet cause i wait for month to buy one(i run CRC gen X10 atm)cause i am no satified with offer on the maket for the moment.

tamiya: i dont like blue
Xray: quite expensive and there are T2 / T3 everywhere.
Serpent: no support for parts.
Schumacher: i dont like design

I was interrested the most in the HB cyclone or the TOP photon.
For the photon it looks to be a pain to have parts and like i live in France i dont want to have to make multiple orders trought the world to obtain parts.

And cyclone is not up to date for lipo. I dont say to do a new car every years but like the cyclone isnt lipo optimised and lipo will be the norm to go. HB will realese soon or late an up date of the TC and i dont want to buy i car that will be replace soon.

Conclusion,I wait. And like someone told about a new HB touring car, i just come to take news.
I Have a Solution, CHANGE SPORT!!!
Old 01-02-2010, 07:33 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Luppi Stefano
I Have a Solution, CHANGE SPORT!!!
i also have a solution , stop making post like the one above
Old 01-02-2010, 09:48 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by decibels
Ok this is sent out to the team as i have been playing around with my cyclone with the new 1425g weight limit and can't seem to quite find my normal pace at the moment. I am still back to reasonable pace but not where i would like to be. With my weight i have only 30 grams on lipo side with an ip so it fits in the nimh place and i have my receiver on the batt side to balance. But i have played with roll centres, shorter links, arm sweep, camber gain, different arms, balanced springs, shock positions, different additives. I havn't tried oil yet but im thinking that the car just works better with more weight!! What does the hpi/hotbodies team think?? If your answer is to detailed that suits me fine as i understand setup quite well its just unusual to be so dumbfounded.
I basically went a little lighter on oil so it rolls quicker, and slightly softer setup. You'll generally be looking for more grip when going to a lighter weight. The suspension doesn't need to support a heavy car anymore, so going softer will help maintain the same overall feel.

So basically dial in you car so it has more grip overall, and that should help a bit. I don't have anything really specific, but try lighter oil, maybe a tick softer springs, and increase the gap on the cyclone TC swaybar links (or just lengthen the links on the normal type).

-Korey
Old 01-03-2010, 01:55 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Korey Harbke
I basically went a little lighter on oil ...
-Korey
If AE60 was used on the heavier car, what new starting value would you suggest on the oil, with a 1425gm car (AE55, 50, ...) ??
Cheers
Old 01-03-2010, 01:57 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Korey Harbke
I basically went a little lighter on oil so it rolls quicker, and slightly softer setup. You'll generally be looking for more grip when going to a lighter weight. The suspension doesn't need to support a heavy car anymore, so going softer will help maintain the same overall feel.

So basically dial in you car so it has more grip overall, and that should help a bit. I don't have anything really specific, but try lighter oil, maybe a tick softer springs, and increase the gap on the cyclone TC swaybar links (or just lengthen the links on the normal type).

-Korey
That is what i am finding strange!! normally i would do all these sort of things to give grip as i have personally found it to be better but the biggest difference is my weight it is very central on the car now better than a nimh could ever be!! it is becoming similar to a losi jrxs type r and i am finding that running short links is a lot faster but my rear is too locked and won't rotate quite right!! but yeh maybe i'll try going noticeably softer all round and see what happens!! although a quick test of a slightly longer rear link was in a good direction and i don't normaly do that!! oh i am running the black cyclone so i can go very short on links!! but the overall car is still similar!! I'll give some feedback if i hit a massive nail on the head!!
Old 01-03-2010, 05:29 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

What's a good way to add on weights?
Old 01-03-2010, 04:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

guys,
i would like to ask, what should i do to forward the bodyshell ? where is the std position for a shell ??? how much i need to forward to gain extra steering ??from where to where i should measure ??

thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.