R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-08-2009, 06:36 AM   #16201
Tech Adept
 
Jonnydb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Brazil
Posts: 178
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Jonnydb Send a message via Skype™ to Jonnydb
Default

Im looking for Cyclone TC
Jonnydb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 09:42 AM   #16202
Tech Champion
 
STLNLST's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 8,996
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackedOutREVO View Post
LOL, how long does testing last?

If you dont make the A this weekend just give up and give me all your rc stuff
You've seen everything that I have been testing so you know the testing lasted a while I will never give you my rc stuff. You will make it slower....
STLNLST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 10:47 AM   #16203
Tech Elite
 
JayL's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Ca
Posts: 2,880
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team STPN View Post
We will see this weekend....
Now back to the reedy race and tires.....
you are actually racing?



<mechanic hat>
hey, in the Hara build up website he puts a spacer in the diff. Do you not need/want that in the world spec diff?
</mechanic hat>
JayL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 12:37 PM   #16204
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,073
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

what website are you talking about with Hara?
__________________
"Go that way really fast, if something gets in your way, turn"
TLR 22 3.5 SR, TLR 22-4 1.875, Sanwa M12S
DG Designs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 12:43 PM   #16205
Tech Champion
 
Korey Harbke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Redmond, WA
Posts: 6,126
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

http://translate.google.com/translat....htm%26hl%3Den

Probably that one. It's a site where Hara builds a cyclone form start to finish and gives tips along the way.

The spacer isn't required in the pro spec diff as far as I'm concerned. The diff itself is amazing and doesn't need to be changed in any way!
__________________
Xray - RC America - Hudy - Apex RC - LRP - Protoform - AVID - 1Up Racing - Xenon - Xpert - Sanwa - RC Mission America - SpeedZombi - Slapmaster Tools - Turtlemaster Racing - Seattle RC Racers
Korey Harbke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 01:37 PM   #16206
Tech Elite
 
BlackedOutREVO's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: CA
Posts: 3,791
Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLNLST View Post
You've seen everything that I have been testing so you know the testing lasted a while I will never give you my rc stuff. You will make it slower....
LOL, so far what? A set up, a motor, maybe some tire sauce?

I will be at the track tomorrow in case you need help turn marshaling LOL! And yeah thats true, I dont want your stuff, its wayyy to slow! Theres just no hope. but ebay is cool with me
__________________
R1 Wurks/Awesomatix USA/Roche USA/Protoform/Solaris/Mo Speed/Speedworld Raceway
BlackedOutREVO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 03:29 PM   #16207
Tech Champion
 
STLNLST's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 8,996
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackedOutREVO View Post
LOL, so far what? A set up, a motor, maybe some tire sauce?

I will be at the track tomorrow in case you need help turn marshaling LOL! And yeah thats true, I dont want your stuff, its wayyy to slow! Theres just no hope. but ebay is cool with me
Just remember that I didn't get the name KING OF THE STRAIGHT for nothing. This weekend will be fun though. Especially if I get on the mic.
STLNLST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 04:00 PM   #16208
Tech Elite
 
BlackedOutREVO's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: CA
Posts: 3,791
Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLNLST View Post
Just remember that I didn't get the name KING OF THE STRAIGHT for nothing. This weekend will be fun though. Especially if I get on the mic.
LOL. I guess if you arent fast in the infield, be fast on the straight!

Haha jk. I will for sure be at REEDY hanging out in the pits with you guys. You guys are way to effing funny!
__________________
R1 Wurks/Awesomatix USA/Roche USA/Protoform/Solaris/Mo Speed/Speedworld Raceway
BlackedOutREVO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 04:04 PM   #16209
Tech Elite
 
JayL's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Ca
Posts: 2,880
Default

Korey: correct, Thank you
JayL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 07:08 PM   #16210
Tech Regular
 
Team STPN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Roseville, Cal
Posts: 321
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayL View Post
you are actually racing?



<mechanic hat>
hey, in the Hara build up website he puts a spacer in the diff. Do you not need/want that in the world spec diff?
</mechanic hat>
Yup see ya tomorrow
Team STPN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 07:59 PM   #16211
Tech Master
 
GasGod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Tween a Rock & a Hard Place in Pa.
Posts: 1,278
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Is there a known problem with the cyclone s tub chassis?I have broken two in the past week.Afriend of mine who just started racing tc has broken his also.Mine was not hit in the rear and I didn't hit anything- I ran over a corner dot--the last one I didn't hit anything and there was no one else on the track at the time.I did note some rear chatter but that is common with a tub and dogbones...All three have broken in the exact same place-between the rear toe block and the last set of rear bulkhead screws,where the belt slot is.I know its only plastic/nylon but jeese- it is quite frustrating to a newbie-and in my opinion that is really what this car is for(new drivers)it should be at least able to take a hit or two without the whole rear of the car falling off-.I bought this car to replace my xxx-s graphite,which by the way has never broken anything besides a c-hub or two in the seven seasons I've had it.I'm gonna try it again sat.race- i run 13.5 rubber outdoors but will go down to 17.5 to try and keep it together-I love the way the cyclone handles but this chassis-breaking is nutz does anyone make a good graphite one for the sport??
__________________
F! Metal Militia,VTA NATION--Team SloMoFo
losi 8t,mbx5t,rc8
rc8,Kyosho rb5,SCR
ft4 MT wallet
cyclone;xxx-s;x-rayT2;crc gen xl;bmi 12rrl
GasGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 08:54 PM   #16212
Tech Elite
 
mangoman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 2,981
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackedOutREVO View Post
LOL. I guess if you arent fast in the infield, be fast on the straight!

Haha jk. I will for sure be at REEDY hanging out in the pits with you guys. You guys are way to effing funny!
Do you have a throne on the straight, which is your designated marshalling spot
__________________
Hot Bodies Cyclone!!!
www.smaracing.org
www.rchobbies.com.au - www.feralbatteries.com.au
craig mcphee ( WHERE'S MY BEER )
mangoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 10:30 PM   #16213
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,073
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Got the Pro diff and aluminum shocks tonight. The pro diff i awesome! Only drawback i see is you cant adjust it in the car right?
__________________
"Go that way really fast, if something gets in your way, turn"
TLR 22 3.5 SR, TLR 22-4 1.875, Sanwa M12S
DG Designs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 11:13 PM   #16214
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 156
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasGod View Post
Is there a known problem with the cyclone s tub chassis?I have broken two in the past week.Afriend of mine who just started racing tc has broken his also.Mine was not hit in the rear and I didn't hit anything- I ran over a corner dot--the last one I didn't hit anything and there was no one else on the track at the time.I did note some rear chatter but that is common with a tub and dogbones...All three have broken in the exact same place-between the rear toe block and the last set of rear bulkhead screws,where the belt slot is.I know its only plastic/nylon but jeese- it is quite frustrating to a newbie-and in my opinion that is really what this car is for(new drivers)it should be at least able to take a hit or two without the whole rear of the car falling off-.I bought this car to replace my xxx-s graphite,which by the way has never broken anything besides a c-hub or two in the seven seasons I've had it.I'm gonna try it again sat.race- i run 13.5 rubber outdoors but will go down to 17.5 to try and keep it together-I love the way the cyclone handles but this chassis-breaking is nutz does anyone make a good graphite one for the sport??
That's just one of the many reasons I quickly sold my Cyclone S. You could just buy the lower CF deck to prevent that problem if you think its worth it.
__________________
Lazer Speedway - Every place else is just a parking lot!
www.lazerspeedway.com
RC-DriftNewb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 04:13 AM   #16215
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 20
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DG Designs View Post
Got the Pro diff and aluminum shocks tonight. The pro diff i awesome! Only drawback i see is you cant adjust it in the car right?

Hi, you can adjust it in the car, just get a thin 1.5mm hex driver and slip it into the short outdrive whilst the diff is in the car, align the screw head and you should be able to adjust the diff!
Green Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hot Bodies Cyclone S wardyl Electric On-Road 4 10-01-2008 08:01 AM
Hot bodies Cyclone 12 k7king R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 1 09-04-2008 08:09 AM
WTB Hot Bodies Cyclone/ cyclone Parts tenpins77 R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 0 07-29-2008 08:48 AM
Hot Bodies Cyclone sdt1 Australia For Sale/Trade 6 07-13-2008 03:05 AM
WTB: Cyclone S/Cyclone Painted bodies vazzo Australia Wanted to Buy 0 02-05-2008 06:15 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 11:21 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net