Search
Like Tree5Likes

Team Titan ARC R10 190mm EP Touring Car

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2014, 08:08 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Professor
good to hear marc , sounds like it was quite a competetive a final so congrats to you.

its not always easy going to a new/different track & being on the money straight away
Thanks Professor... It was the toughest one yet, for me anyway. I can honestly say more the half of the A Final were drivers that did well at the 2013 IIC, travel on the regular and run on unfamiliar tracks.

The biggest learning experience for me: We all show up with a fresh layout and I happened to be the first one to lay down some rubber. So instead of waiting for traction to come up as the groove is run in I keep making adjustments trying to accommodate, so I was sort of all over the place the entire weekend. Every time out traction increased.

Overall it was well worth the trip, soaking up more knowledge at that race than I have in the past month, also met some great people
Old 05-08-2014, 01:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nikos2002
Hope everyone is having a great spring in ARC land!!! Anybody ready for the Reedy Race?
Wouldn't exactly say I'm ready but sure am excited for the RROC. Was able to run the spec tire at tamiya and and came up with a good baseline(I hope).
Old 05-08-2014, 02:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

the meeting of new like minded people when traveling to new tracks is also a big part of why we enjoy doing this hobby

3rd run with the new car (not sure when you stop calling it a new car) tonite at our weekly clubbie,see if i can keep the 100% win record going
Old 05-08-2014, 09:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)

the meeting of new like minded people when traveling to new tracks is also a big part of why we enjoy doing this hobby

3rd run with the new car (not sure when you stop calling it a new car) tonite at our weekly clubbie,see if i can keep the 100% win record going
Ive been running both of mine for a year and they still feel like new cars.
Old 05-09-2014, 07:11 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Josh-n-ya
Ive been running both of mine for a year and they still feel like new cars.
Have to agree with you on this, but I've only been running the chassis for 6 weeks. However I have put it through it's passes!

The composites are top notch, especially the "HARD" suspension arms. I've broke a "kit" arm the first weekend and replaced all arms with the hard composites and haven't broke a suspension arm yet (going on 6 weeks now), it's almost like there indestructible

This past Wednesday at the track I finally found a (Base-Line) set-up on carpet that is beast. I'll be at the track tonight, all day Saturday and Sunday working on tweaking the car!! I'll post my set-up come Monday for everyone to look at, opinions are welcomed lol.

There will be a few guys coming out of town this weekend including Cyrul, think he's going to possibly run some 17.5 spec with us on Sunday, things may get interesting to say the least.

Professor..... How did last nights meeting go?
Old 05-09-2014, 07:33 AM
Tech Master

3 from 3 perfect record so I'm very happy,although the car didn't feel quite as good as last week,I think maybe it was due to it being a fair bit colder tonite compaired to last week,so I will have to do some more tweaking as it is only going to get even colder from now on
With winter approaching
Old 05-09-2014, 08:05 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Antimullet
I'm about a month out. Been really busy getting my off-road stuff dialed in for the start of the points season and selling all my old onroad gear.

Based on your great reviews I'll be definitely buying a gear diff as well!

Now if we can convince ARC to build an F1 and a 1/12 chassis... .
Just wanted to follow up Antimullet.... Have you had a chance to test a front diff. I know you mentioned you been gearing up for off-road, just curious if you had the chance to try that out. I still haven't ran with the spool since

If ARC comes out with a 1/12 pan car, think I may have to investigate a little lol
Old 05-09-2014, 01:55 PM
Tech Master

Marc
Did you notice any difference in the handling characteristics between the kit arms & the hard ones after you changed to the hard ??
Also is there any difference between the front & rear split block suspension holders ( are they different toe) ?? as they look the same to me
Old 05-09-2014, 07:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)

To me there isn't that much noticeable difference between the blocks handling characteristics. I am now back to the stock blocks they seem to have a truer measurement of toe and not as likely to get tweaked by any massive wrecks. I have been recently playing around with drilling the shock caps and they have made a great difference in keeping the car more consistent and planted. I race on various pavement tracks with a lot of traction inconsistency's. So the shocks being drilled give a smoother rotation and thus more traction.
Old 05-09-2014, 10:28 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Marc
Did you notice any difference in the handling characteristics between the kit arms & the hard ones after you changed to the hard ??
Also is there any difference between the front & rear split block suspension holders ( are they different toe) ?? as they look the same to me
the blocks are different sizes. Front blocks give either 1 or 2 and the rears give either 0 or 0.5
Old 05-10-2014, 10:26 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default ARC R10 2013 For Sale

ARC 2013 up for sale if anyone is looking for one. Car has only been run on carpet, comes with a ton of parts:

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...l#post13252116
Old 05-11-2014, 09:59 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

ARC driver Henrik Heitsch TQ's the last round of Pro Stock at the ETS Race in Austria. He finished 7th overall in the A main. Check out RedRC for the Chassis Focus on his car -- http://ets.redrc.net/2014/05/chassis...RC+Car+News%29
Old 05-12-2014, 11:52 AM
Tech Regular

Marc
There is a noticeable difference in handling from the "kit" arms to the "hard" (on carpet anyway), not sure about asphalt, but would think you'll get similar results. The car is more responsive on carpet, gives more initial steering, chassis is precise and has an "immediate" feel. Also the hard arms are practically bullet proof. My first weekend with the kit arms I broke one, 6 weeks using the hard arms I haven't broke an arm yet, unless I got lucky receiving a set of superman composites

The split blocks gives a little more chassis flex and a wider range of tuning (arm sweep, toe and track width). There are tiny notches on the side of the split blocks for reference so you know exactly what changes you made.

EXAMPLE:

Split blocks in the front "Notches Pointed Out" using the kit (FF) solid suspension bracket you'll have a 1* front arm sweep.... "Notches Pointed In" will be stock track width and zero arm sweep

Split blocks in the rear "Notches Pointed Out" using the kit (RR) solid suspension bracket you'll have 2.5* rear toe, but will take away 2mm of rear track width... "Notches Pointed In" will be stock track width and 3* rear toe.

I noticed a difference when using the split blocks. IMO I think on a lower bite surface these are a great tuning aid, achieving slightly more mechanical grip over the solid suspension blocks. But on higher grip surface I think the solid suspension blocks will probably be better.

Hope that helps

Last edited by NEED-MORE-SPEED; 05-12-2014 at 09:06 PM.
Old 05-12-2014, 12:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Is there any talk of a "new" model coming out soon???

The 2013 has dropped off AMain's list & with no usual back order, suggests to me new model coming...
Old 05-12-2014, 12:41 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Josh-n-ya
To me there isn't that much noticeable difference between the blocks handling characteristics. I am now back to the stock blocks they seem to have a truer measurement of toe and not as likely to get tweaked by any massive wrecks. I have been recently playing around with drilling the shock caps and they have made a great difference in keeping the car more consistent and planted. I race on various pavement tracks with a lot of traction inconsistency's. So the shocks being drilled give a smoother rotation and thus more traction.
This is one thing I've been meaning to experiment with. I'm going to drill a 1mm hole in the shock cap, maybe smaller perhaps?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.