Search
Like Tree5Likes

Team Titan ARC R10 190mm EP Touring Car

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2014, 08:08 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Antimullet
Outstanding! I'll be sure to share setups as well and best of luck this year!
Sounds good... And good luck to you as well, I'm sure we all need some good luck or at least steer clear of the bad luck lol.

I'll be attending the GATE Grand Finale April 26 - 27th and looking for good results with the R10. I know there will be several National A Main drivers attending, so the field will be kind of think in 17.5 and of course the fast local guys will be there supporting as well. Things will be interesting for sure.

Was wondering if you got your kit and started your build.
Old 04-17-2014, 10:53 AM
Tech Regular

Default FRONT GEAR DIFF

I've been driving the 2013 R10 with very few option parts, simply testing "out the box" going on 3 weeks now. 3 of 3 club races, putting this chassis through it's passes. I have finished 3rd at two of them and won the other, so this chassis is definitely a contender "out the box" no arguing that.

I have looked at almost every team drivers set-up and other fellow ARC driver set-ups that have been posted and I noticed something interesting. Very few drivers have posted a set-up using a front gear diff or mentioned using a front gear diff?

I decided to give it a whirl using Gravity RC 2.5 million and I was blown away from the results at the very beginning. There wasn't a single thought, once on the track that went through my head "maybe I need to get custom to the feel/drivability using the diff" the car simply come alive for me.

* The car held a tight line extremely well with zero issues of pushing when on throttle and even held the same line when off throttle.

* Was able to drive the car harder opposed to using the spool and it was more consistent, picking up more faster lap times in the process.

* Car was silky smooth every turn, rotated extremely well, felt more balanced during transitions and picked up entry corner speed.

With all the positives I gained, one would think there would be negatives as well? There wasn't any negatives converting to the diff in the front (didn't loose any steering or anything to that matter), in fact I gained in all areas, even mid-corner steering.

Showed no signs of fading what so ever and the car was flat out faster and more importantly "easier to drive". I was able to push the car harder, use more throttle in certain sections than when using the spool and the car kept asking for more.

The results also clarified the following: Set "my" new track HOT lap and backed it up the next two laps and continued to turn the lap times that was my previous (single) HOT lap when using the spool.

I have used and tried front gear diffs in different chassis, so the diff isn't anything new to me. Some chassis the spool was faster and others the diff worked as well, came down to track and conditions. In this case, the diff gave me a completely different car and I was blown away from the results. This same track I tested, is one of my local tracks (high-bite carpet) and the spool was always faster for me in other chassis. So for now I'm hanging my hat, "the 2013 R10 hauls the mail using a front diff paired up with 2.5 million viscosity.

If you haven't tried the front diff I highly, highly recommend

Last edited by NEED-MORE-SPEED; 04-17-2014 at 12:31 PM.
Old 04-18-2014, 05:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NEED-MORE-SPEED
Sounds good... And good luck to you as well, I'm sure we all need some good luck or at least steer clear of the bad luck lol.

I'll be attending the GATE Grand Finale April 26 - 27th and looking for good results with the R10. I know there will be several National A Main drivers attending, so the field will be kind of think in 17.5 and of course the fast local guys will be there supporting as well. Things will be interesting for sure.

Was wondering if you got your kit and started your build.

I'm about a month out. Been really busy getting my off-road stuff dialed in for the start of the points season and selling all my old onroad gear.

Based on your great reviews I'll be definitely buying a gear diff as well!

Now if we can convince ARC to build an F1 and a 1/12 chassis... .
Old 04-20-2014, 05:56 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I have been messing around with front doffs for a while, I tried the putty which seems to be the rage with most setups from pro drivers. To me it was too inconsistent from start to finish.

500k was too lose and would diff out occasionally, while the 2.5m ses about right. I would like to try 1m next.

This is with 13.5t blinky. With mod I think the consistency of a spool on and off power will win out.
Old 04-21-2014, 07:31 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Besercoe
I have been messing around with front doffs for a while, I tried the putty which seems to be the rage with most setups from pro drivers. To me it was too inconsistent from start to finish.

500k was too lose and would diff out occasionally, while the 2.5m ses about right. I would like to try 1m next.

This is with 13.5t blinky. With mod I think the consistency of a spool on and off power will win out.
2.5 Million seems to be the mark for a consistent diff (I've tried 500K, and 1 Million, never putty). I know certain track designs, whether it's a tight technical course or smooth free flowing determines if the spool or a front diff would work better than the other. Also drivers preference and set-up is always a deciding factor, if one is faster or slower between the two.

Over the weekend I did more testing regarding the spool vs. diff and at the end of the day I packed up shop with the diff in my car. The diff just has a much smoother feel "for me" allowing myself to drive the car not as hard as you would with the spool but yet, turn faster lap times.

What I'm suggesting: Have an opened mind when going to different tracks as we all know track layouts, track conditions are all different and having a diff packed with 2.5 million viscosity as an additional tuning option can and or, may just give you that edge needed. After more testing this past weekend the diff has prevailed over the spool. This was on 83x40 high-bite carpet, tight technical in some sections and opened free flowing in other sections.

Example: Prior to me driving the 2013 ARC R10 I ran the Xray 14'T4. I had great results with that car, even TQ'd, won some races also finished in the top 3 numerous times. I had a diff filled with 2.5 Mill, however the car really liked the spool and I was faster with the spool over the diff. I did try the diff at different tracks but in the end the spool always found it's way back in the car. Within the past 3 weeks having the R10, combined with over 60 hours of track time testing the car with the spool, the diff made an immediate impact on the drivability.
Old 04-25-2014, 03:27 PM
Tech Regular

Default N.O.R.C.A.R. GATE FINALE BOUND

Leaving in a couple hours for the GATE FINALE.

Crispy new paint job, a well built race car and ready to handle the business

Going to be a great weekend.....
Attached Thumbnails Team Titan ARC R10 190mm EP Touring Car-arc-1.jpg   Team Titan ARC R10 190mm EP Touring Car-arc-2.jpg  
Old 04-26-2014, 10:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

I gave my 2010 R-10 it's first real run in 12mths on Friday night, I haven't raced in 9mths so it wasn't quite fair on the car, plus the fact it had OLD tyres on and limited grip

Great car, so solid, poor bugger took a hammering, every bit as good as the Xray's I've always used

Some new tyres, some changes & see how we go in 2wks time ...

Last edited by Brokin Racing; 04-27-2014 at 10:16 PM.
Old 04-27-2014, 08:37 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Don't count out the original R10. It is still a capable and competitive chassis. I still operate one in GT classes:
Old 05-01-2014, 08:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Smile

More ARC R10 parts are restocked.

http://www.tqrcracing.com/shop/produ...id=98&s_sort=4

FYI, Thanks.
Old 05-06-2014, 11:54 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Very quite on here,

Marc how did you go at the gate finale ??
Old 05-06-2014, 01:04 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Professor
Very quite on here,

Marc how did you go at the gate finale ??
Been extremely quite, I agree....

The GATE was a blast Professor, full of laughs and had a great time!!! 17.5TC (My Class) was the favored class to run and there were 9 different chassis rolling around from an Associated to an Awesomatix, several Xray's and Serpents, Team Durango, VBC, Yokomo, Schumacher and only one ARC .

The field was super tough as more than 50% of the top 10 was packed with National A Main drivers and the others are on the fence of making a top 10 at a national event.... I managed to squeeze in there and made the A, qualifying 10th on the grid making critical mistakes prior to every qualifying run.

Think I was more focused on chasing the "HOT lap set-up" instead of simply driving a car that was only 2 tenths back of HOT lap which created some growing pains on race day

The End Result:

* Had a blast of a good time
* Made the A (10th)
* Finished 10th, 2 laps back of the top 3 in a 6 minute race.
* Learned more in two days than the entire month
* Next time will come back with MUCH better results

Overall I found a great set-up at the end of practice day and should of been content with the car and just simply done what I went to do at that point (drive), as I was very close to being on pace. However kept making adjustments on an unfamiliar track, on race day, which lead me going in all three qualifiers blind folded.

This was my first decent race outside of my home local track(s) and feel I did respectfully well. I'm looking forward to future events and my continued growth with the ARC. Learned more about the car in those two days than I have the previous month with the chassis.

Last edited by NEED-MORE-SPEED; 05-06-2014 at 01:17 PM.
Old 05-06-2014, 01:31 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Hope everyone is having a great spring in ARC land!!! Anybody ready for the Reedy Race?
Old 05-06-2014, 05:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

good to hear marc , sounds like it was quite a competetive a final so congrats to you.

its not always easy going to a new/different track & being on the money straight away
Old 05-07-2014, 06:53 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by nikos2002
Hope everyone is having a great spring in ARC land!!! Anybody ready for the Reedy Race?
Anything is better than the negative 5 degree weather we had over the winter

Sure wish I could attend the REEDY Race this year , next year can be more promising from my part.
Old 05-07-2014, 05:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)

I think everyone is pretty happy in ARC land. Cant make it to Reedy. Work has got me tied up. Anyways its going to be another great year.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.