Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

Xray T1FK05

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2005, 03:23 AM
Tech Adept

wow, it kinda hits you just how quickly everything is moving for a kit to go from a prototype model to a production one in 3 months from the first one to the current release date.

I cant really argue with how any of its been done really.

We have also communicated quite openly about the new car once the official announcement was made and even discussed some things that weren't to clear at that time yet (and boy does that result in discussions ).
Carefull, you know who will visit and start ranting on about you know what for the 1000th time.
Hello colin
Old 03-04-2005, 04:26 AM
Tech Elite

Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell

I`m keeping my typing shut
Big Brother is watching

Any way i am copying X-RAY`s top drivers at the snowbirds (2 in fact)
Ralph burch & jared scott
Do you know them tonyv, they were using battery straps on there FK05`s
Funny that i thought the X-ray team implied that the top drivers preferr tape
I don`t think so

Anyway me & tonyv discussed this topic ages ago, is there people in a time warp here

Tonyv
Q) was the fk04 much more expensive to make then the Fk05???

love you
Old 03-04-2005, 04:42 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Yep, know them both. Good guys! Nice of them to test the battery strap in a situation (foam on carpet) where any problems with tweak will show immediately. Dedication to the customer and all

PaulC2K:
Old 03-04-2005, 04:44 AM
Tech Adept

Not sure where they finished at the snowbirds, but as Mr Groskamp must have used a strap for his name to be ignored, i guess its only personal preference really rather than it being the best way, if anything Jilles being the winner it would suggest tape is better, but at the end of the day, its a very minor item, its not a performance part, it could lead to a little tweak in the chassis too.

I'll be giving the tape a try, im not in favour of the tape method, but as its there i'll try it, see how it goes during the outdoor season and if theres any sign of the cells trying to jump ship, then a brace will be purchased before we head back indoors once again. Thats where the brace will be needed most.

Still, i cant see the problem in them leaving a non performance related item out of the kit, not when there is a decent value to that part which can be purchased if the user wishes to, obviously some will want it from day 1 and hopefully they'll be able to
Old 03-04-2005, 04:51 AM
Tech Adept

Tony unveiles get out clause #532 section B:
Any team driver has the ability to suggest reasons for another team drivers actions if it helps him/her get out of a possibly sticky situation

lol, dare i actually arm Mr Jolly with any ammo, but that sounds a little too good to be true there Tony
hehe
Old 03-04-2005, 05:10 AM
Tech Regular

I personally could care less that this kit does not have the battery strap. It would be nice but oh well thats how it goes. 20.00 is not going to break me. Although its a little harder on the wallet, I also understand why the prices have gone up....once again..I wont complain about that. I personally have not had parts issues in the past because I bought a second kit...sold the parts I did not need and have seconds of everything I could need. I however dont enjoy lending parts to everyone because the shop has problems getting them. That hopefully is old news....I just want the FK05 to have the parts available when I get the car. My brief non-xray moment was with the pro-4 and I sold it immediately because I could not get parts for rear toe adjustment and various other things.

The one very frustrating issue is the ability for the average joe to get some of the parts that are being used by xray people at big races...I once again mention the MUCH NEEDED hard arms (rear especially). I have seen these arms for at least a year now and I think everyone that races on carpet agree that they are needed. I cant get them...when I talk with people that have sponsorships they say they are important....release them already!
Old 03-04-2005, 05:11 AM
Tech Elite

Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell

I don`t need ammo to have a moan, my wife say`s i like a good moan

tonyv
Answer that question about the fk04 to the fk05
Old 03-04-2005, 05:50 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by PaulC2K
Tony unveiles get out clause #532 section B:
Any team driver has the ability to suggest reasons for another team drivers actions if it helps him/her get out of a possibly sticky situation

lol, dare i actually arm Mr Jolly with any ammo, but that sounds a little too good to be true there Tony
hehe
True, but it was funny wasn't it
Old 03-04-2005, 06:00 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by MR JOLLY
I don`t need ammo to have a moan, my wife say`s i like a good moan

tonyv
Answer that question about the fk04 to the fk05
Oops, missed it. Frankly I am not sure. From a materials standpoint I doubt it. But XRay been investing in production equipment over the past years. Both to (try to) keep up with the very high demand and in an effort to reduce manufacturing costs. The Millenium Factory is simply the next step in that effort once again increasing production capacity and where possible reducing costs. This effort has been pretty succesfull and we may be seeing some of the benefits in that area. However I am not privvy to these kinds of details so I am only guessing.
Old 03-04-2005, 09:53 AM
Tech Fanatic

I'm not complaining about the no-strap kits, and I'm glad the kits at least have the tape slots. But what about the newbies (and I know a few looking to by this or the Yoke) that buy this bad-boy for a starting kit. You know their going to be using ScotchTape, masking tape etc. just to get their ride rolling. That's the sad part. Seeing an Xray all gettoed-out. The kit should at least come with tape.
Old 03-04-2005, 11:32 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally posted by kidDynomite
I'm not complaining about the no-strap kits, and I'm glad the kits at least have the tape slots. But what about the newbies (and I know a few looking to by this or the Yoke) that buy this bad-boy for a starting kit. You know their going to be using ScotchTape, masking tape etc. just to get their ride rolling. That's the sad part. Seeing an Xray all gettoed-out. The kit should at least come with tape.
This car is not for newbies.
Old 03-04-2005, 01:10 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally posted by stonedgti
This car is not for newbies.
I don't think Xray would support you on that one
Old 03-04-2005, 01:21 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

yes they will. That's way they have the T1R.
Old 03-04-2005, 01:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Unfortunately, because people have money and if they want to buy, you sell, doesn't matter what level of skills they are in.

With that said, I kinda agree with stonedgti, this is not a newbie car at all, you have so many things to tune that if you don't know what you are doing, you can out-tuned yourself into an ill-handling car. If a new guy comes into this sport asking what he should buy, I would definitely not recommend the FK or the FK05.

Dom
Old 03-04-2005, 01:34 PM
Tech Adept

Hmm, i dunno, its not a car priced or designed with the newbie racer in mind, the T1R would be such a kit.

The FK, FK'05 and others are effectively the top end of the market, for the experienced racer wanting to get the very best on the market. Its a TC3 FT rather than a Racer, that doesnt mean the not experienced racers cant buy it, it just means its probably a little out of there league.
If one example of the areas this is so, is with battery tape, then its not really Xrays fault.

Things that are needed to build the kit, thats xrays responsibility to their customers not to see that we have all the little trick bits and niceities. Ive known kits to arrive with litrally only the very very basic, not even a bit of diff grease to build the diffs up etc!
Not even the default shock oil to build them up.

I'll probably have to borrow some or get a mate to order me some zenon tape with his order over the weekend, i wouldnt expect it to include tape (sure it'd be nice, but i doubt it will).

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.